Chit Chat
Options

Please share your recent airhead moments

I just googled the phone number to 1-800-got-junk.

Re: Please share your recent airhead moments

• Options
    I dunno if this counts because it wasn't intentional, and we have no clue how the twist tie got in the microwave, BUT

On Monday/Tuesday night at like 3am I put my heating pad in the microwave to heat it up, because my stomach was bothering me, and in my sleepy stupor I noticed that the light in the microwave was flickering oddly.  Then the survival part of my brain woke the fuck up and realized that the heating pad caught on fire and the flickering was flames!

Turns out there was a twist tie in the microwave- again, no clue how the hell it got in there- and the metal of the twist tie got hot enough to ignite the paper towel that I set my heating pad on, which them caused the heating pad to also catch on fire ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Yesterday I was looking for my car keys everywhere until I realized that I was holding them.  Derp.

• Options
    My BFF & I were texting about working out. Somehow, I ended up writing, "My calfs are sore."

I was immediately horrified. Would it help if I told you I hadn't had my coffee yet?

*Hangs head in shame.*
  • Options
    I just got home from a short business trip last night.  This morning I was packing up my rolling briefcase with all my stuff and saw my computer charger in a pocket I don't usually put it-- "Oh good thing it's there, can't believe I didn't check for that!"

I got to work and realized I forgot my computer at home.  Derp.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Similar to @southernbelle0915 with the sunglasses story. The other day, H and I were trying to go inside when we got home from supper. I went to grab my phone because it is my alarm clock. I could not find it anywhere and we looked for a solid 10 minutes. He called it and it was on silent. Well I looked down and it was in my hand the whole time.

• Options
    A week ago or so I was looking for the cat treats on a table that is used for nothing but a catch all of junk. I looked and looked but couldn't find them. DH came in and found the treat bag in 10 seconds under some coupons.

Then the other day I said I was going to give the cat some treats and went to get them. As I walked away, DH gave me a hard time about whether I would be able to find them this time and I gave lip back about of course I would. I searched and searched and moved everything twice, but I could not find them. DH walked in and just started laughing, then pointed and said, "they are right there."

The bag was standing up on the edge of the table right in front of me with the name label facing me. I have no idea how I missed it. He kissed my forehead and said "You're pretty" and just walked away laughing.
  • Options
    my FI had a moment the other day too. We were getting ready to go for a walk because the weather has been super nice lately. Right before we were driving away he decides that he should bring his toque just in case. He goes into the house.

I waited probably a good 5 minutes, before finally I went in to see what was taking him so long. We have a bench at the front door that all the winter gear is in.

Go in and he's practically frantic and hes running over the whole house and is all ' I CANT FIND MY FREAKING TOQUE ANYWHERE'

I reach down. Grab the toque off the bench at the front door and hand it to him. I have no idea what he was doing. The first place he should have looked was in the bench. To look in the bench he would have had to have moved it to open it. So he seriously picked up the toque, opened the bench, couldnt find the toque, closed the bench. Placed the toque back on top of it. and then proceeded to look everywhere else in the house for said toque.
  • Options
    I was worried about running late, on the phone to Fi (then bf) trying to gather everything to throw in my handbag. It was the 1st time I was meeting his parents for dinner so I was panicking. I then heard myself say to him "omg I can't find my phone!" While rummaging through my giant work bag.... Yeahhhh....whilst on the same damn phone... I promise I'm intelligent in real life :/
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I was assessing a client for the first time, got through the entire thing and was discussing his situation with my boss. She asked about his amputation and I had no idea what she was talking about. I didn't notice the man was missing his leg.

He gave me a strange look when I asked him if he used a walker at home. I really hope he just thinks I'm stupid and he didn't think I was making fun of him. 

For the record: I do mental health stuff so it's not like I was looking at his body and didn't notice. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It took my coworker and I 15 minutes this morning to figure out how many ml of cleaning product to put in a 10L mop bucket at a 1:42 ratio. To be fair, we're Canadian and it was 5:30 in the morning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I were driving couple of nights ago (in the middle of snowmageddon in TN) and he made a comment that it was great that the existing ice had melted but because it was still wet, it would refreeze that night and cause more ice.

I asked "But won't it soak into the asphalt before it freezes?" Apparently that's not how it works.  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I just got back from the DMV after finally changing states on my license. I passed the written test with a perfect score but did 2 stupid things:

1. Forgot that I was getting my picture taken. Messy hair, no makeup, huge zit on lip. Gross picture as a result.
    2. I left without picking up my license. They called me for me to come back and grab it.

*face palm*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @soontobemrsklein I had to ask DH what a toque was. I was so confused for your entire post hahah 

• Options
    I just recently made the connection between chia seeds and chia pets.
    Literally until a thread last week, I NEVER would have made the connection that Liam is short for William. 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

I just recently made the connection between chia seeds and chia pets.

Literally until a thread last week, I NEVER would have made the connection that Liam is short for William. 

Hey Xander is short for Alexander too. :)

• Options
    It took my coworker and I 15 minutes this morning to figure out how many ml of cleaning product to put in a 10L mop bucket at a 1:42 ratio. To be fair, we're Canadian and it was 5:30 in the morning.
    What does being Canadian have to do with this? I'm Canadian and I make dilutions like that all the time no problem. Now, 5:30am being a problem I get. 

I forgot to get a muffin out of the freezer last night. I put it in the microwave to thaw it, made the rest of my breakfast, then couldn't figure out why my muffin was still frozen. I set the muffin inside but didn't actually turn the microwave on. 

Anniversary
  • Options

Last week, I realized that the K on Special K cereal is for Kellogg's. You know, the giant red Kellogg's K?

It took me fifty years. 

Stoopidest thing I've done all week? I got tangled up and stuck inside a bathrobe. Head and all. I had to navigate down the hall like that for help getting my arms out, because Moosey had headphones on and couldn't hear me.  This was not my fault. The belt was threaded through the sleeves in a weird way, and it got worse when I pulled it, and my head was in a sleeve, not the neck. 
    Never mind, I can't even make it sound reasonable. But it was, and could happen to anyone. 
    ... I get stuck in hoodies all the time because my I forget my sunglasses are on my head.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Today our power was out from 9 am to 3 pm.  We slept in since I flew across the country really late last night and didn't want to get out of bed early.  So at 9:30 I get up, and knowing the lights wouldn't turn on, carried a flashlight around.  I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and tried to turn on the light out of habit.  I then went to get a new lightbulb thinking the light was dead.  While using a flashlight to navigate and not attempting to turn on other lights because I knew the damn power was out.

I felt really stupid.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Last week, I realized that the K on Special K cereal is for Kellogg's. You know, the giant red Kellogg's K?
    It took me fifty years. 

Stoopidest thing I've done all week? I got tangled up and stuck inside a bathrobe. Head and all. I had to navigate down the hall like that for help getting my arms out, because Moosey had headphones on and couldn't hear me.  This was not my fault. The belt was threaded through the sleeves in a weird way, and it got worse when I pulled it, and my head was in a sleeve, not the neck. 
    Never mind, I can't even make it sound reasonable. But it was, and could happen to anyone. 
    ... I get stuck in hoodies all the time because my I forget my sunglasses are on my head.
    See? It happens.
    I am forever losing my glasses on my head, and breaking the little nose pieces off when they get stuck in my hair. 

Have you ever run around in frantic circles looking for your phone, and it's in your back pocket?  You can hear it ringing and it's right there but you can't see it anywhere? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards