Chit Chat
Options

Please share your recent airhead moments

Re: Please share your recent airhead moments

• Options
    I was so tired/exhausted/stressed... Last night, instead of grabbing a water bottle before bed, I grabbed my shampoo bottle. Glad I didn't get thirsty in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    ohannabelle said: hellosweetie1015 said: Last week, I realized that the K on Special K cereal is for Kellogg's. You know, the giant red Kellogg's K?It took me fifty years. 
    Stoopidest thing I've done all week? I got tangled up and stuck inside a bathrobe. Head and all. I had to navigate down the hall like that for help getting my arms out, because Moosey had headphones on and couldn't hear me.  This was not my fault. The belt was threaded through the sleeves in a weird way, and it got worse when I pulled it, and my head was in a sleeve, not the neck. Never mind, I can't even make it sound reasonable. But it was, and could happen to anyone.  ... I get stuck in hoodies all the time because my I forget my sunglasses are on my head. See? It happens.I am forever losing my glasses on my head, and breaking the little nose pieces off when they get stuck in my hair. 
    Have you ever run around in frantic circles looking for your phone, and it's in your back pocket?  You can hear it ringing and it's right there but you can't see it anywhere?  ------------------------------------------------------------ BOX

I recently had both FI and I looking for my phone. We were wandering around the whole apartment and I kept looking through all my bags. I knew I had just had it when I got up from the couch. He was calling my phone, but it was on vibrate. I kept say "I can hear it"... It was in my hoodie front pocket. I had completely forgotten I was wearing a hoodie and had another pocket I hadn't checked. And I couldn't feel the vibrations or something. I was very embarased to tell FI.

ETA: There are boxes when I'm editing. Why aren't there boxes when it's posted?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @anjemon when you're in the quote editor, hit the <> button. See if there's a string at the beginning that says something like <font class style = normal> and delete that whole piece. Boxes should be back.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    @ohannabelle It's ok with the Kellog's K.........all of us who grew up in the 80's & 90's didn't understand why the Disney logo had a giant backward G.
    Wait, what? People think this? I was born smack dab in the middle ('89), and I have no clue what you are talking about.
  • Options
    @ashely8918 You can't tell me that is not a backwards G

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Nope. Definitely a fancy D. In fact, that's exactly how I sign Dan's name when I use his credit card.
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I definitely didn't realize it was a D for longer than I care to admit.
    Hahahaha! It's so weird to me that this is actually a thing. I seriously never saw it any other way lol
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I used to be so confused why Disney had that gigantic G. There was no G in Walt or Disney or Mickey. I don't even remember when I learned it was a fancy D, but it still looks like a G in my head. I just know my head is wrong now.
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Saaame
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I didn't know what that D was about, and I REALLY didn't agree with the "y," either. My tiny rule-abiding self was like, how is it allowed to include uppercase AND lowercase letters in one word? HOW, I ASK YOU.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I rent a parking spot in a curvy driveway/parking lot near my house - there are 4 other cars parked there.  Leaving for work Tuesday morning I became overly concerned about swiping the Dodge parked to my right so I backed into and got stuck in the 4-foot snowbank on the left.  It took 2 hours - using hockey sticks, a shovel, scraper, floor mats - and finally the help of a benevolent neighbor to get out.  I was blocking the Dodge so the owner finally decided to work from home.  

I felt like an idiot.  
    (And still do).

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Hahahaha! It's so weird to me that this is actually a thing. I seriously never saw it any other way lol
    Not only did I never see the G when I was young, I barely see it now. It's always been a D to me. But my dad's name starts with a D and he signs it with a similar D so that could be the reason.
  • Options
    i said good morning to the one sales manager today and it was 2pm. yup

the guys at my work like to make coffee without the filter. dont know if the guys are awake when they are doing so.
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I didn't know what that D was about, and I REALLY didn't agree with the "y," either. My tiny rule-abiding self was like, how is it allowed to include uppercase AND lowercase letters in one word? HOW, I ASK YOU.
    Gah! They "y" ALWAYS bothered me but I could never really figure out why. Makes sense now.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    arrippa said:
    jenna8984 said:
    Not only did I never see the G when I was young, I barely see it now. It's always been a D to me. But my dad's name starts with a D and he signs it with a similar D so that could be the reason.
    Yeah, my maiden name starts with a D and my signature D definitely looks like the Disney D, for no other reason that I like flourishes.

• Options
    I've been at work for 4 hours.  Do I have makeup on?  No.  No I do not.
  • Options

I was reading another thread about blowout bars (had never heard of them). I found that there are a few in San Diego and I decided I should get one soon for Valentine's Day. After a few minutes I wondered how long in advance I would need to book since Valentine's Day will be crazy at a hair salon.

It's fucking February 21st.

That's really far in advance. :)

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Nope. Definitely a fancy D. In fact, that's exactly how I sign Dan's name when I use his credit card.
    Same here, never saw it as a G until this thread
  • Options
    @ashley8918 You know about the arrow between the E & X right? 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    What? 
    Wow. I have honestly never noticed that before. 
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    On the toque thing...I read a blog that recently referred to a photo of Justin Timberlake wearing a toque as "a toboggan-clad Justin Timberlake." I commented like "Uh...that's a sled. He's not wearing a sled. Did you mean toque?" and the author definitely did not respond. But I don't feel bad shaming her because seriously...toboggan-clad? Seriously?
    My biggest airhead thing is that I leave the water running in the kitchen sink ALL THE TIME and just wander away. Then I'll ask FI what's making that loud noise. I really don't understand why I do it, or how it happens, but it's probably once a day. I have some kind of mental block about it.

So...a toboggan is not a hat, then?  'Cause up until this post if you asked me what a toboggan was, I would tell you it's a beanie...

I went to get up from my chair after leading a small group, and the chair flew out from under me.  I managed to not fall, but getting laughed at by kids is still embarrassing when you're an adult!  Regularly "lose" phone, keys, and sunglasses that are in my hand or pocket or on my head.

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    A toboggan is this type of sled:

• Options

jenna8984 said:

What? 
    Wow. I have honestly never noticed that before. 

Me either!
  • Options
    I just asked FI, "What's a toboggan?" 

His response was, "The sled or the hat?"  So, I'm at least not alone in my thinking!!

• Options

His response was, "The sled or the hat?"  So, I'm at least not alone in my thinking!!

There is something called a toboggan cap, which is a knit cap with ear flaps worn while tobogganing. But to call it just a toboggan would be like calling an oven mitt, an oven.

• Options

There is something called a toboggan cap, which is a knit cap with ear flaps worn while tobogganing. But to call it just a toboggan would be like calling an oven mitt, an oven.
    I'm wondering if it just doesn't get cold enough for southerners to know or appreciate the difference.  I mean, many of us grew up sledding on trash lids, cookie sheets, and laundry baskets, so we aren't exactly cultured when it comes to snow!  I don't actually use the word myself (I call the hat a beanie and a sled a sled), but always assumed it was referring to the hat when I heard it from others.  I'm glad to know the difference and that my dumbass moment is now on full display. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards