Chit Chat
Options

I split my pants this morning.

Which, you know, is exactly the thing you want to have happen when you have PMS and feel bloated and disgusting. I guess on the bright side, it happened at home and not work. Which I've actually done before. 

So, how's your morning going? 

Re: I split my pants this morning.

• Options
    I barely slept for some reason.  Kept waking up.

But on the pants splitting note, I once split my pants at a club.  Luckily we weren't too far from home so I took a cab, changed my pants, and went back to dancing (oh the good old days when I was able to stay up past midnight).
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ohhhhhh no! I definitely done that before in public. In fact, once, I did it at work, and nobody told be for HOURS. Jerks!

So far, today is alright. But I literally just got up. I don't even have pants on yet Hahaha.
  • Options
    Oh, man, I used to do this all the time.  I'd pull them out of the dryer and they'd be tight and shrunken, so I'd put them on and do the squat stretch (y'all know what I'm talking about ), and rrrrriiiipppp.  New crotch holes.  The advent of super stretchy jeans has changed my life.

My morning is awesome.  It's my 4th snow day in 2 weeks.  We got a dusting yesterday, lol.  But it's better because FI's work also called off, so we have big plans to day drink and hopefully see some snow fall.  We'll see if it actually happens. 

• Options
    Oh no! Sorry about your pants :(

My morning has been really uneventful. I just got into work and only two new emails were in my inbox, so hopefully that's a sign of a simple day. Just three more days until spring break!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Pants? I'm still in bed.

• Options
    Ugh, that sucks! Another snow day for me. I'm so fucking ready for spring.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Also, I love AE jeans, but this is like the 3rd time I've ripped their pants. 
  • Options
    I got to work around 5am this morning which is a shift from my 6:30 into work due to an impending snowstorm. I wanted to get in a few extra hours in case I couldn't make it into work tomorrow. 

...and then they pushed back the "worst of the snow" to 2pm+ today. Damnit. 

• Options

Maybe its time for a new brand? I love 1969 jeans from the Gap. I've never ripped my pants but I've bleed through them when I was  on my period. Urg that was extremely embrassing for middle school me.

• Options
    I've ripped AE pants too. It's got to be the pants. 

I just got a text from my sister that she's in the ER. She fell on ice, landed on her tailbone and hit her head. Not news I wanted this morning, and hoping she's OK. 
  • Options
    Oh no! At least you were at home... Last week my co-worker split his pants right when he got to work and he had to walk around with a sweatshirt tied around his waist all day... He looked like a 90s teenager.
  • Options
    I've been going through a phase where I've done this to three pairs lately. Including pajamas and some aerie yoga pants. How the hell does that happen? I am running out of pants. I'm hanging onto my favorite jeans only because it's winter and I wear spandex underneath anyway, but come warmer weather they're going to have to go. 
  • Options
    Ugh that's awful. I split two pair of jeans in high school. ...jumping fences.... <.< >.>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I feel like I've tried so many brands of jeans and I can't seem to find ones I likes as much as AE. I do have a pair from J Crew that I like though. Buh. Guess I'll go shopping this weekend. 
  • Options

All I could think of when I read the title of this thread was: 

I'm sorry your pants ripped. That's so annoying! 

Annnnnd now I'm singing the song, and I can't stop. THANKS A LOT!
  • Options

hahahaha aw man, good thing you were home!! I can honestly say I've never split a pair. I had some times in high school where I bled through and that was mortifying enough. My boss split his and he stapled them shut (it was down the side seam) lol

@lurkergirl helllll yea we know the squat stretch! I also love the fact that jeans are now stretchy!

@maeday2 omg I hope your sister is ok!

• Options
    My fave has been the couple times I've split my pants while getting on a horse. So your legs are all spread for all to see and riding only makes it worse. I go commando fairly regularly so good thing I didn't those days. 
  • Options
    Mae, I hope your sister is OK! 
  • Options

Maybe its time for a new brand? I love 1969 jeans from the Gap. I've never ripped my pants but I've bleed through them when I was  on my period. Urg that was extremely embrassing for middle school me.

try high school. that was embarrassing. 

we were working on the house one night and i squatted down and heard this rip, i was like ok whatever until i got a breeze. i was lucky it was not in public but i still had to drive home since we dont live there yet. i still have not lived that one down. 
  • Options

All I could think of when I read the title of this thread was: 

I'm sorry your pants ripped. That's so annoying! 

Annnnnd now I'm singing the song, and I can't stop. THANKS A LOT!
    Guessing my box won't work...

I mean, I was singing the song when I saw the thread title...

I dunno if you've ever tried Seven jeans? A couple years ago I found a pair that I LOVED in NYC at Century 21. They were about a mile too long on my short butt but they made my short butt look FANTASTIC.
  • Options
    I really like Seven jeans too but I've had a hard time finding them. But a pair I got at a consignment shop were my favorite ever. 

I also really like Express Rerock (not their others) jeans, although that's the pair that split, so. But that was after a lot of wear. 
  • Options

@climbingwife I've decided I have to stop buying their pants. The quality sucks now. I'm sad because I've worn only AE jeans for a good 10 years now and have no idea what else fits me. I just ordered two pairs from The Limited to try out.

My morning has been rough. H had to leave super early for work this morning so I had to take care of the dog and get myself ready. Took him on two different walks in the freezing cold and he wouldn't poop, and had to carry him home on the second walk because his feet were too cold - he kept hopping up on my legs which means he wants me to pick him up. So H will probably have poop to clean up when he gets home. I was then late for work because of said walks. My dad is coming for dinner tonight so hopefully that will be a good time and will make up for my crappy morning.

• Options

at least you caught it before leaving!  I've only done that once but it was shopping with my parents and it ripped in the inner thigh/crotch area.  I was laughing so hard it was great.  Of course being at the outlet mall I still couldn't find any replacement pants I liked so I wore them the rest of the time shopping since no one could see it.

I'm working from home today.  Had to get stitches after a mole removal yesterday on my face so I didn't want to go to work with a big bandaid on my cheek

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I once had a pair of 7 jeans. I'll have to scope those out again. 

I do remember having a pair of Luckys an I felt they strectched out too much. 
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I once had a pair of 7 jeans. I'll have to scope those out again. 

I do remember having a pair of Luckys an I felt they strectched out too much. 
    Well, I only had them for about three months so I dunno about their longevity. But they were fantastic when I had them.
  • Options

@climbingwife I've decided I have to stop buying their pants. The quality sucks now. I'm sad because I've worn only AE jeans for a good 10 years now and have no idea what else fits me. I just ordered two pairs from The Limited to try out.

My morning has been rough. H had to leave super early for work this morning so I had to take care of the dog and get myself ready. Took him on two different walks in the freezing cold and he wouldn't poop, and had to carry him home on the second walk because his feet were too cold - he kept hopping up on my legs which means he wants me to pick him up. So H will probably have poop to clean up when he gets home. I was then late for work because of said walks. My dad is coming for dinner tonight so hopefully that will be a good time and will make up for my crappy morning.

Ugh, that sucks! When my dog was younger she used to do that. It was so frustrating. Like fucking poop already, in any spot! 
  • Options
    Oh, girl. I split just about every pair of jeans I own - usually in the butt - sooner or later. One, I wear them until they die, and two, I've got some good junk in my trunk and they just can't handle it ;). Last time was at work...when I sat down in a directors meeting. Luckily, I had a sweater to tie around my waist b/c I was wearing a tong and ain't no one wanted to look at my big, pasty white ass. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It makes me feel better than I'm not the only one. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards