Chit Chat

Ring Bearer (not bear) and Flower Girl Gifts

Here I am again, posting another "I'm clueless about kids stuff" post.  What did you all get your ring bearer and flower girl as gifts for being in the wedding.  I have no idea what to get.  Flower Girl loves American Girl, Ring Bearer loves animals. I didn't know if I should get something big, little, interactive, I have no idea!  Help!

Re: Ring Bearer (not bear) and Flower Girl Gifts

• I was gonna get my flower girl something like this: 
    (but probably not the bridal one; they make lots of different ones) with a book, or -- if she's still in her creative phase-- an art kit with a pad of watercolor paper and a pad of drawing paper. 

These are the things FMIL suggested (flower girl is FI's niece) so that's what I'm going with. I also know nothing about kids. 
  • @novella1186 that is so cute! I think our flower girl would love that.
  • Target has a lot of doll stuff (clothes/accessories) that will fit American Girl Dolls.  I got my flower girl nice earrings (not for the wedding, just nice everyday studs because she likes that kind of stuff) and my ring bears I bought lego sets.    I'd ask their parents for things they may want/like. That is what I always do when it comes gift giving time! 
  • I have nothing to contribute.  Other than I am sad this actually isn't about a ring bear.  Boo.

• Sorry to disappoint!
  • Our ring bearer is 5 and currently really involved in Basketball - he plays on two teams. So we got him a kid's Nike backpack, some funky basketball socks, and a basketball. My junior bridesmaids are 8&10 - I got them each a Build a Bear stuffed animal (of their favorite animal) and dressed it in a wedding dress. I also got them each a Target gift card, because I remember being that age and it was "so cool" to have your own money to spend.

Do you have access to an American Girl store? Or possibly order something? I might talk to her mom and find out what she already has in her collection, and what she maybe has been eyeing.

For your RB - how old is he? Animals is such a broad interest! That's a tough one...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Ask their parents what they are into. We got our ring bearer Legos and a stuffed animal. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @tcnoble he is 4, I know it's so broad!  But he really does... just any kind of animal.. FI and I got him this little remote controlled puppy for christmas that does tricks and he loved it. 

I like the idea of legos, and american girl clothing at target.  I will have to look into that.

Flower Girl is 6 and very girly... Basically anything dolls, makeup, princess, she loves.. I'm just stuck on what would be appropriate to get them I guess. I don't know what all the cool stuff is for kids now. :)

• I wanted something that could be a keepsake but that they'd also enjoy. So FG got a musical jewelry box with a spinning mermaid inside. RB got a silver race car bank with wheels that spin.

9yo BIL who was an usher got a GC to the movies for him and H to go have a Bro Day.

• I had a hard time at first because I wanted to get something the girls would love, but not just a toy they would outgrow in a year.

I ended up getting them piggy banks in the shape of green apples (which was our wedding "theme") with their name on it. They both loved them and still do! They love to show me all the money they have saved in them it has already been 18 months since our wedding.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards