Wedding Woes

Friday!!

What's on for the weekend?

M2 had a thing at preschool yesterday and my mom came.  It was such a fun day.  M2 thought the whole day was about her and she just beamed.  She literally hopped through the whole preschool thing.

Tonight I'm going out with a new friend.  It could be interesting.  DH is working this weekend so the rest of the time is shot.

Re: Friday!!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015
    Well, my morning has started out sucking.  I think a sensor is going out on my car, so I need to take it in. Plus I took a nasty spill in the daycare parking lot.  Luckily I didn't break anything and no one saw me or heard me cuss a blue streak.  My freaking knee is killing me. Yay for an ice pack with a strap. 

I'm watching House of Cards.  And DH made coffee before he went to work.  So there is redemption in this morning/day. 

We're taking the kiddo to a friend's tonight.  He's staying for the weekend.  Tomorrow, we're going to try and get my car fixed or at least in to a shop.  Sunday, I work for a few and my parent's are coming to dinner.   I want to do some shopping.  We need a couple ottomans for the living room. 

• I got a new workout DVD yesterday too so we'll see if that helps anything.  I've been doing cardio and gaining weight so I added weight training in 2 months ago.  I'm still gaining.  At least an hour a day 5 days a week and I'm gaining and my clothes are not fitting better.

I have a doctor appointment in a few weeks to do a full blood workup including thyroid, but I'm not holding my breath.  I think I'm just old.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015
    Which work out dvd did you get? I need some new ones.  The 20-30 min range, with at least 3 workouts per DVD is perfect for me.  
  • I got PiYo.  I guess it's more than one DVD but all of the workouts are 20-30 mins.  I don't mind 60 mins on the treadclimber (because I play games on the iPad) but the 60 mins of lifting bores me to tears.

• Lifting always bores me too.  I prefer workouts with 30 sec-1 min intervals.  
  • Pro tip:  Scrambled eggs don't cook if the burner isn't on.  ::forehead smack::

I'm getting my hair cut and highlighted this morning.  I'm irrationally nervous but excited to look better.  My hair is so blah right now and I have way too many grays showing.

We're supposed to go out tomorrow night with friends.
  • Last night I had 3 interviews lined up for a sitter. 1 showed up. one was a no call no show, the other was sick. I'm not happy.

Tonight H and I are going to see a couple of friends in a community theatre production of The Addams Family. One of our friends is Wednesday.

Tomorrow I have a bday party to go to with PF.

Sunday I think we're going to the science center to explore.
  • @Conn - I really like the T25 series from Shaun T. The workouts are 25 minutes, and an extra 2.5-3 minute cooldown. mostly cardio/body weight resistance training, but at least one of the workouts incorporates some weights.  It's a similar intensity to Insanity, but shorter overall because you don't take any breaks.  
    His new series Insanity Max 30 is a great workout and crazy tough - but it's a little higher  timewise (30 + 2-3 cooldown). Both programs have a modifier for each move, so if you're not up for the full-on plyometric moves (i'm not) then you can do the modifier and still get a fantastic workout. 
  • we're having 2 of Wolverine's friends and their parents over for dinner and a playdate tomorrow night.

we're hoping to get the kids watching a movie and playing some sort of game with the adults (maybe cards against humanity)

should be fun - all of the kids are in school together, but the parents don't know each other.

we'll probably just hang out at home on Sunday or run a few errands. will probably be too tired from cleaning and Saturday night to go out anywhere. 
  • Round one of DH's retention bonus has been confirmed!  It will be deposited in 2 wks.
  • DH and I are thinking about getting T25.  I'm not ready for Insanity, even the 30 min one. ;) 
  • I went ahead and bought the Lotus travel crib and all of the bathing things for beta today. I also finished paying the bills to get us through 3/18 and got Seresto collars for the dogs. I think that this marks the end of things that need to be obtained/done before baby. I had some massively uncomfortable contractions last night and got all excited, but then they stopped and I went back to being totally bummed. Ready to see this beast.

• Morning- I'm on a teleconference right now. After it's done, I'm off to the gym. Then it's shower and running errands before picking the kids up from daycare. If I can, I'm going to try to watch a few more episodes of House of Cards. Tonight, I'm going to a girl's night out aka wine and yoga pants.
  • @nolabridesmaid...There's so much internal squeeing going on for me right now.  :D 
  • AWW Nola, I hope he's the one and makes you happy ! 

BDay party at my house tonight for 3 yr old GS, then cards after with the family.  Tomorrow I have to be at church at 6am to drive a van full of people to a VBS training in Nashville.  Rest of the weekend I plan to do very little except catch up on my DVR.

• Time will tell. He hasn't entered the witness protection program, so that's a good sign.:)
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    DD was on two hour delay again.  And DH had an early meeting, so I had to wait with DD for the bus, drive DS to DC, drive to work, and then go back to DD's school for lunch.  About a month ago, I signed up for a stint as lunch helper today, way before all this weather/scheduling crap.  I kind of wanted to bail but went, it was fun, and now I'm back.

On the fence about whether to go to the children's museum tomorrow morning.  This is one of two Saturday mornings after art class ended but before spring soccer starts, so I figured we'd take advantage of an open Saturday morning.  But with weather, DH's work, getting over colds, etc., I'm kinda thinking we might all just want to hang out in our pj's instead.  Preferably with pancakes.  :)

Laptop is on life support:  the power/charging/wi-fi/etc. LEDs all came on last night, but nothing onscreen.  Still probably not salvageable, but there is a small glimmer of hope.

ETF:  that's DH's work, not DS's work.  DS's only job is pulling shit out of every drawer, shelf, cabinet, etc. and he takes it very seriously.
  • Week has kind of been all over the place.  I'm looking forward to a bit of a re-group and re-coup weekend which will include drinks with friends tomorrow.  Which I'm very excited about.  I also hope that H feels better over the weekend.  He's in the middle of some sort of cold, and he's doing remarkably well, so I am thankful for that.

Also, we are about 98% sure we're closing next week (with the buyers of old house).  I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, because these kinds of odds are unheard of (offer on 2/8, closing in less than 30 days?), but I'm trying to be thankful at the same time.  It's a weird mix.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards