Chit Chat

Cosmetic advice - NWR

Re: Cosmetic advice - NWR

• CMGragain said:

CMGragain said:

Still lurking.  You are a liar.  I left the knot for a few months because my mother was dying, anf the Knot was undergoing changes, banning some members without proper notification.  I came back after the Knotr cleaned up it's act and my mother died.

Liar!

Do not misquote me.
    Do not make up stories about me.
    Go fuck yourself.

That is not very ladylike.
    YOU are no lady.  Goodnight.
    Ah, busted. Now everyone knows about my secret penis.
    Well it's on your face Ashley.
  • MagicInk said:

CMGragain said:

CMGragain said:

Still lurking.  You are a liar.  I left the knot for a few months because my mother was dying, anf the Knot was undergoing changes, banning some members without proper notification.  I came back after the Knotr cleaned up it's act and my mother died.

Liar!

Do not misquote me.
    Do not make up stories about me.
    Go fuck yourself.

That is not very ladylike.
    YOU are no lady.  Goodnight.
    Ah, busted. Now everyone knows about my secret penis.
    Well it's on your face Ashley.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • Has anyone had any good Chinese food lately? I'm really craving an egg roll.

I want Chinese so bad right now.
  • MagicInk said:

Has anyone had any good Chinese food lately? I'm really craving an egg roll.

And Vietnamese coffee.

• MagicInk said:

And Vietnamese coffee.
    I know not of this. Tell me! How does Vietnamese coffee differ from other coffee? I need ALL THE COFFEES.
  • MagicInk said:

And Vietnamese coffee.
    I know not of this. Tell me! How does Vietnamese coffee differ from other coffee? I need ALL THE COFFEES.
    Very strong brewed, dark roast coffee, mixed with sweetened condensed milk and served over ice.

• MagicInk said:

And Vietnamese coffee.
    Very strong brewed, dark roast coffee, mixed with sweetened condensed milk and served over ice.
    Ah, I see. I like very strong dark coffee, but I don't do cream or sugar, so I don't know if I would like this.
  • This topic has become very entertaining.
  • MagicInk said:

And Vietnamese coffee.
    Ah, I see. I like very strong dark coffee, but I don't do cream or sugar, so I don't know if I would like this.
    It's pretty good. But I do cream and sugar. And sometimes not. Fuck it I'll drink caffeine. Like if I could drink just the chemical compound straight I so would.
  • MobKaz said:

KatWAG said:

It was about 2 years ago, I think. Maybe Maggie or Lynda can fill in some of the wholes, I was a lurker at the time. 

I don't remember how the thread started but CMGr is very involved in her church. And she played the Organ for the church. She was hired to play for a funeral, but when she was hired she wasn't told the details surrounding the funeral. 

I guess the funeral was for a stillborn baby. And CMGr had a problem with that. She didn't like the way the mother was making a huge scene. There were horrible comments made about tiny clothes and the tiny coffin. CMGr didn't think the funeral should be taking place because the baby was born dead. 

Obviously, people were really really offended. And, on a less important note, people told her she had no place to comment since she was only a vendor, hired to preform a service. 

CMGr got all mad at us. We didn't understand her church, the dynamics of the situation, etc. So she said GBCK. Had her account deleted and was gone for months. When she came back, there had been a big exodus from the knot so a bunch of regs had left and don't think anyone ever asked what caused her to come back. 

edit: words
    I was here.  The thread was started because a poster asked a question about her PPD.  Apologies to you, CMGragain, if I am mistaken, but I believe you tried to liken your funeral experience to that of a PPD.  THAT is what really caused the uproar.  Unfortunately, you do seem to have an odd way of analogizing scenarios.  It was definitely one of the most vehement posts I had ever read.

ETA:  CMGragain agreed to perform for the service thinking it was a "real" (her words) funeral, and was upset to discover that the funeral was for a lost pregnancy.  I believe that is how/why she compared it with the PPD poster.  I remember the post because my daughter had experienced 3 miscarriages.  Every one of those losses was painfully, gut wrenchingly real.  Following each loss, hospital personnel asked if she and her husband wished to have a funeral.  To not acknowledge that loss as a real death is what caused the uproar. 
    Thanks @mobkaz. Your memory is way better than mine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Huh. I was wondering how a thread about mascara got 4 pages long.... ok then. Vodka.
  • Holy shit. This started out as mascara, then drama, then some talk about spring rolls I think? I'm drunk so I'm not sure. But I have pizza.

Formerly martha1818

• I was around during that funeral thread. I remember it being quite the uproar.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited June 2015
  • I have a makeup question:

I wanted to try Navy eyeliner, but in case I don't like the look, I would prefer to spend very little, try it, and then if I like it I'll order from UD or Stilla. So what drugstore brand is your favorite?

Well, you COULD make your own liner. Do you have a Navy eyeshadow? You could buy Medusa's Makeup eyeliner seal. You mix a little eyeshadow with the seal and it creates an eyeliner. It's only a few dollars on Amazon and it's the best deal because you can mix it with any color eyeshadow and make eyeliners. If you decide you love it, you could always just buy a Navy liner.

Also, the seal works amazing if you use it with eyshadow and put it in your waterlines. Only things that actually stays put.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• If the topic is back to make up is there anyone with sensitive eyes that can recommend a good liner? I've tried several different ones but they always irritate my eyes.
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    jdluvr06 said:

If the topic is back to make up is there anyone with sensitive eyes that can recommend a good liner? I've tried several different ones but they always irritate my eyes.

Yes! I have this exact problem. Hold please while I go check in my purse.

@pinkrevenge this is also my favorite drugstore brand. Soooooo smooth.
  • jdluvr06 said:

If the topic is back to make up is there anyone with sensitive eyes that can recommend a good liner? I've tried several different ones but they always irritate my eyes.

Are you allergic to any specific ingredients in the liner? I'd go to a natural foods store or a Whole Foods type deal and try out an eyeliner they have there.

• edited June 2015
  • In that case, I believe wetnwild has some blue eyeliner. They've really stepped up their game. Theyre liquid liner is my dupe for Kat von Ds expensive ass autograph eyeliner from Sephora that's amazing.

• Protip: dip your eyeliner brush or eyeshadow brush in a little water before putting on your color, it will make the color go on more vibrant! Free and easy!
  • Protip: dip your eyeliner brush or eyeshadow brush in a little water before putting on your color, it will make the color go on more vibrant! Free and easy!

I love doing this with Urban Decay eye shadows! They're so pigmented that it's like WOW.  I used to use a matte black UD eye shadow and put a little water on a brush for "liquid" liner on my top lid. It was awesome. (Because it was super easy and one little pot of eye shadow lasts like forever if you're just using it as liner)
  • hellohkb said:

jdluvr06 said:

Are you allergic to any specific ingredients in the liner? I'd go to a natural foods store or a Whole Foods type deal and try out an eyeliner they have there.
    I'm not allergic to anything that I know of. 

@ashley8918 thank you! I'm going to try that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards