I just took a peek at my website countdown and there are less than four months to go! How's everything going with your planning?
I FINALLY feel like I'm on top of things, but I still need to do four things:
- Officiant - We had a bit of a hiccup with the one we've booked last year, so we're back to square one. I'm a little concerned, but I'm sure it will work out in the end. It's my goal to have someone by the end of next week.
- Hair - I know that I'm having my hairstylist do it, but I have yet to arrange a meeting to discuss pricing for the rest of my bridal party, etc. since it's my intent to pay for their make-up and hair.
- Invitations - We've finally finished the guest list. I know it's crazy, but we knew that we would be adding to our initial one and I didn't want anyone to think they were B-listed (this wasn't the case, we just had to get organized on all sides of the family, including out-of-the-country family members), so it took a while. Now we're ready to create and send out invitations. I have no idea what to do--we're pretty tech-savvy, so I know that we can design our own invitations and buy nicer paper than I would get for the price of ordering from someone else, we have a professional printer for our business--but I want to find a way to ensure the invitations stand out. I like little unique touches, so I'm not sure if I can DIY it.
- Work out - It's down to the wire now, so I'm hoping that I'll be less focused on work and more focused on health and fitness over the next three months. I want to feel 110% happy and comfortable on my wedding day.
Some good things that have made me very happy:
- The planning process has brought FI and me a lot closer.
- My family and bridal party have been super supportive. Seriously lucky to have them.
- We booked our dream photographers and videographers. It was scary price-wise, especially since we're taking on that cost (I couldn't justify making my parents pay for something so luxurious), but I think it'll be worth it.
- I still love my dress! I'm going for my first fitting soon, so I hope that will still be the case when I go in, haha.
- May will be full of showers and bachelorette fun with my girls! Can't wait!
What are you up to? Where in your planning process are you? What are you most looking forward to?