Illinois
Options

Catholic Churches in Northern Chicago Suburbs?

Hi. My fiance and I are desperately looking for a Catholic Church to get married in at the end of August of this year, preferrably in the Northern suburbs. Our wedding reception is in Lincolnshire, IL. I am of the Catholic faith and my fiance is a non-Catholic Christian. I am from and currently live in St. Louis. I have contacted various churches already and they all seem to be saying the same thing that we cannot marry in their church because we are not members. However, we do not plan on living together before we marry and I haven't moved up to the Chicago area yet and therefore have not joined a church. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciate! 

Re: Catholic Churches in Northern Chicago Suburbs?

• Options
    Could you try contacting the Archdiocese of Chicago?  If you are planning on relocating to the area, and have a general idea as to what suburb you might be moving to, perhaps they could steer you in the right direction.  If you also explain that you wish to marry within your faith but cannot join a parish at the moment, they might also be more accommodating. 

I belong to St. Francis de Sales in Lake Zurich.  Father Ryan is incredibly open to embracing his parishioners without judgment.  The church would be less than 10 miles from most venues in Lincolnshire.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards