Chit Chat

Show me your dream kitchen finishings

Re: Show me your dream kitchen finishings

• sarahufl said:

ugh, who has these GORGEOUS kitchens?! I want them.

We just bought a ridiculously expensive house (damn NY real estate) that has the fanciest stainless steel Viking range with a matching double oven that makes me drool.

However, the backsplash is THIS. Seriously, a chain of early American Pilgrim farmers is ALL around my kitchen. I really want some glass subway tile but we need to add this to our (ever-growing) to-do list.

WHAT.

How have you not accidentally thrown a hammer through each and every one of those?
    Well I guess you can't have everything when you buy a new house. Personally, I'd take that Viking range even if the walls were made of mud, dung, and horse hair :)
  • sarahufl said:

We just bought a ridiculously expensive house (damn NY real estate) that has the fanciest stainless steel Viking range with a matching double oven that makes me drool.

However, the backsplash is THIS. Seriously, a chain of early American Pilgrim farmers is ALL around my kitchen. I really want some glass subway tile but we need to add this to our (ever-growing) to-do list.

WHAT.

How have you not accidentally thrown a hammer through each and every one of those?
    What is that you said? You want to see more of them? Oh yeah, they are all different. And individually hand-painted.

• chibiyuichibiyui member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

sarahufl said:

WHAT.

What is that you said? You want to see more of them? Oh yeah, they are all different. And individually hand-painted.

Welp. I think you have a weekend of this ahead of you

Edited because it cut of the link. AGAIN. SRSLY Knot, why is it anytime I copy paste a link and then press post, YOU CUT THE LINK OFF. 

Anniversary
  • sarahufl said:

WHAT.

...I mean. I'm not super opposed. Would I *choose* it in a custom build? Heck no. But on the hierarchy of things I would hate and have to fix immediately, it'd be pretty low unless it was literally the only thing I hated. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @sarahufl and by hand painted, you mean hand colored with Crayola markers?

• sarahufl said:

WHAT.

...I mean. I'm not super opposed. Would I *choose* it in a custom build? Heck no. But on the hierarchy of things I would hate and have to fix immediately, it'd be pretty low unless it was literally the only thing I hated. 
    That is kind of where we are. The kitchen was also painted bright yellow. We painted it a grey-ish blue, which looks a million times better. They are all in good shape, so we aren't going to replace them immediately. It just amazes me that someone spent good money on them.
  • Dark cabinets that go way up with shiny metal handles and matching island:image
    Or black cabinets that go high with stainless steel-looking handles, matching island, stainless steel appliances, skinny long tile backsplash:
    Mirrored backsplash:image
    A cool looking quartz counter top:
    Pot lights plus some cool looking lights over the island:
  • edited March 2015

sarahufl said:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY. This is awful. 
  • penguin44 said:

I own a Craftsman bungalow. We want to make our kitchen look like it actually belongs in our house, These are some of the pictures I have pinned:

I love the chairs in the last picture! Plus the window placement is perfect. I love a lot of windows.
  • I honestly kind of want the stove at my parents' house. My mom HATES it because it's from the 1960s. Like, it's around 40 years old. It's a huge 6-burner beast with brown daisies on the back part, and that thing has NEVER HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM in the 30 years they've owned their house (stove was there when they moved in). There's not a single thing wrong with the dials, burners, doors, inside light, nothing. It seriously is a beast. 

They've had people come in and measure for a new stove but they aren't made in that size anymore. They're either just a few inches smaller, or a lot bigger. So they'd have to rip out everything and pretty much gut the kitchen which my jackass dad won't do. They also still have the original metal cabinets -- yes metal-- and stainless steel counter tops. It's a very interesting kitchen. 

The stove looks kind of like this but wider:
  • @novellahttp://www.elmirastoveworks.com/ 

Get a napkin for your drool
    *********************************************************************************

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    sarahufl said:

sarahufl said:

WHAT.

That is kind of where we are. The kitchen was also painted bright yellow. We painted it a grey-ish blue, which looks a million times better. They are all in good shape, so we aren't going to replace them immediately. It just amazes me that someone spent good money on them.
    Hey, if someone PAID good money for these things, ever thought of trying to remove them without damaging them too much and re-selling them? I'm sure this person isn't unique in their idea of what is tasteful.

• Now, to defend the fact that I actually am not super opposed to the American Pioneer backsplash: My dream kitchen, in bits.

Butcher block counters (maybe not stained this shade):

Copper subway tile backsplash:

Ooooooh or this (but maybe not that turquoise color):

White cabinets with copper pulls:

And this beauty for an oven:

(Or all stainless appliances, if I can't have that.)
  • KatieinBklnKatieinBkln member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    labro said:

Hey, if someone PAID good money for these things, ever thought of trying to remove them without damaging them too much and re-selling them? I'm sure this person isn't unique in their idea of what is tasteful.

Removing tile without breaking it is THE WORST. So fucking hard! But yeah, someone somewhere would totally want to buy that. Actually, take it to a consignment shop in Williamsburg and some hipster will buy it specifically because it's ugly...

ETA: I tried, boxes. I really tried. Sigh.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Now, to defend the fact that I actually am not super opposed to the American Pioneer backsplash: My dream kitchen, in bits.

That oven reminds me way too much of C-3PO. I do love copper, though! 
  • doeydo said:

Dark cabinets that go way up with shiny metal handles and matching island:

Or black cabinets that go high with stainless steel-looking handles, matching island, stainless steel appliances, skinny long tile backsplash:

Mirrored backsplash:image
    A cool looking quartz counter top:

Pot lights plus some cool looking lights over the island:

Ooh dat's fancy.

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Below is probably my dream kitchen.

And because I love the appliances.

I can't see the first 3! (and my usual "right click" trick isn't working either, for some reason). 

But I love copper, myself. The hammered, weathered (but not yet green!) look is my favorite.

I can't see the first 3! (and my usual "right click" trick isn't working either, for some reason). 

But I love copper, myself. The hammered, weathered (but not yet green!) look is my favorite.
    I can't see the first one, but I really love the turquoise back splash. I think it looks good with the borwn cabinets.
  • labro said:

Removing tile without breaking it is THE WORST. So fucking hard! But yeah, someone somewhere would totally want to buy that. Actually, take it to a consignment shop in Williamsburg and some hipster will buy it specifically because it's ugly...

I kind of considered trying to be gentle with them and making them into trivets. Because kitsch is ok in small doses. Just not permanantly glued to my wall. 
  • arrippa said:

Now, to defend the fact that I actually am not super opposed to the American Pioneer backsplash: My dream kitchen, in bits.

I can't see the first one, but I really love the turquoise back splash. I think it looks good with the borwn cabinets.
    First three are attached below.

I absolutely adore copper. That Elmira Stove link? I'm designing an entire kitchen instead of working now.
  • arrippa said:

Now, to defend the fact that I actually am not super opposed to the American Pioneer backsplash: My dream kitchen, in bits.

First three are attached below.

I absolutely adore copper. That Elmira Stove link? I'm designing an entire kitchen instead of working now.
    There they are! That butcher block counter is TO DIE and I always thought I wanted it only on the island. But it's lovely in that pic.
  • @novella1186 that looks amazing.. but now that I have a bun in the oven and I know what I was like as a teenager, all I can think of is that the vodka cellar would need a bomb proof, bank-grade safe door on it.
    *********************************************************************************

• @novella1186 that looks amazing.. but now that I have a bun in the oven and I know what I was like as a teenager, all I can think of is that the vodka cellar would need a bomb proof, bank-grade safe door on it.

I think the only reason my brother and I never got caught with the watered down vodka/rum/tequila we'd leave our parents was the fact that my parents only drink "pretty" drinks that are super flavored.  Thank you, margarita mix, my teenage savior. 

• Fancy backsplash:

Surprise beautiful sink!

No more clanging pots and pans, dammit!

THE SEXIEST SINK:

Oh, the things I will save for when I own  my own home...

Katie, I love the things you love.

I would put up with a lot designwise if my kitchen were placed like so in the house:

I also really love splashes of colorful things. I have jewel-toned copper/wood/enamel wall hangings from Greece, Mexican talavera tiles as coasters, etc., so things I love:image

• Oh, the things I will save for when I own  my own home...

Katie, I love the things you love.

I would put up with a lot designwise if my kitchen were placed like so in the house:

I also really love splashes of colorful things. I have jewel-toned copper/wood/enamel wall hangings from Greece, Mexican talavera tiles as coasters, etc., so things I love:image

THAT SKYLIGHT!!!!
  • sarahufl said:

labro said:

I kind of considered trying to be gentle with them and making them into trivets. Because kitsch is ok in small doses. Just not permanantly glued to my wall. 
    I was thinking they'd make cute coasters?  I love weird stuff like that, although probably not all over the kitchen.
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards