Not Engaged Yet

Why is it only Wednesday

2»

Re: Why is it only Wednesday

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited March 2015

@speakeasy14 - Mostly detail stuff, some contact numbers for her list, stuff that we were going to send her eventually but hadn't done yet. It just made me laugh that her first message kept going and going, I replied, and then she sent me 9 more questions! She's FI's aunt and I love her, it doesn't bother me, it was just ALL at once!

@eilis1228 - I think I turned off my emails from TK! That's probably a good thing most of the time, but DAMN! Do you know if the sale was just yesterday?

@GoldenPenguin - Is this weekend your shower AND your bachelorette?!

@beanbot2002 - YAY tasting! Ours was fun, I hope you can find plenty of other vendors that you like!

I am so annoyed right now. FI just texted me all excited that his band just got a tentative* show for a Saturday this summer...the same Saturday that we're supposed to be going to his cousin's wedding. All because he didn't put the damn date into his calendar. The date that his aunt texted us about. The date that's on a STD on my fridge. The date that has been mentioned multiple times in the last couple of months. SERIOUSLY?! He asked me what I think he should do. The first thing that comes to mind is PUT SHIT IN YOUR CALENDAR! So I either have to be a supportive almost-wife and tell him it's fine, do the show and I'll go to the wedding by myself (or not at all, it's his cousin, I don't know if I'd go alone) or tell him that I think we should go to the wedding (that we've already verbally committed to) and come off as unsupportive. ARG.

ETA: I say "tentative" because he "thinks" they just got this show. But he's talking like it's a done deal. Hence my irritation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

GoldenPenguin
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @lmcooper86 Ugh....I'm sorry. I don't have any advice here. Maybe this "tentative" date will get rescheduled and everything will resolve itself. That sucks.

• I am so annoyed right now. FI just texted me all excited that his band just got a tentative* show for a Saturday this summer...the same Saturday that we're supposed to be going to his cousin's wedding. All because he didn't put the damn date into his calendar. The date that his aunt texted us about. The date that's on a STD on my fridge. The date that has been mentioned multiple times in the last couple of months. SERIOUSLY?! He asked me what I think he should do. The first thing that comes to mind is PUT SHIT IN YOUR CALENDAR! So I either have to be a supportive almost-wife and tell him it's fine, do the show and I'll go to the wedding by myself (or not at all, it's his cousin, I don't know if I'd go alone) or tell him that I think we should go to the wedding (that we've already verbally committed to) and come off as unsupportive. ARG.

ETA: I say "tentative" because he "thinks" they just got this show. But he's talking like it's a done deal. Hence my irritation.

BF does this all the time. He goes to a lot of fencing tournaments that are not **required** so he will make tentative plans to go, and sometimes they fall on important dates we have set. Like a concert we have looked forward to all year, or once it was our anniversary!!! It's usually about 50/50 that I kinda put my foot down and tell him he HAS to do the other thing because he already made the commitment. I think you can be supportive without sounding like a nag about the wedding that you've already agreed that you're going to :). Then again, if it isn't important for him to attend his cousin's wedding (I am not close with any of mine and probably wouldn't RSVP to any wedding of theirs so I kinda get it) then I guess you're off the hook lol
  • @beanbot2002 when is your wedding date?
    I didn't enjoy our tasting as much as I hoped- I'm pretty picky so there weren't a lot of options I liked. We're doing a buffet and have 3 choice- for 2 of them we picked the things FI and my BM liked best. I'll be eating the ceasar salad and the pasta we're having as a side lol. 
    They did have a DJ playing at the tasting and I thought he was pretty awful. We all wanted to fall asleep.

@lmcooper86 does he know when he finds out if the show is definite? like @labro said maybe it will get rescheduled and then everything works out! Is he very close to this cousin?

• @Swazzle - I hope you get your taxes figured out!! 

@Imcooper86 - I've given up asking H to put stuff in his phone, I put it on my calendar and invite him. 

@GoldenPenguin - Rock that outfit!!! 

@speakeasy14 - Could you do a different trip?  Maybe camping or rent a cabin for a few days?

@LaBro - Yay for your sod!! 

--------------------------
    I have not watched PLLs yet and won't get a chance until tomorrow evening :( .

Last night I made corned beef and cabbage in the pressure cooker - it came out just as good as it would have in the crock pot, but 2 hours vs 8 hours for the recipe I follow.  We took the food over to BIL and left him with the left overs.

Tonight I'm working late shift.  I got a few things done in the AM that at least made me feel like I accomplished something.  I put away the pile of clothes that went in a reject pile from trying to figure out what I've wanted to wear all week; I called about my car loan pay-off, I never received my pay-off letter to get the title transferred; I set up the magical express for our Disney trip in May.

Anniversary
    Swazzle
  • @labro - I'm hoping. It's a 3-day music festival, so I'm hoping that they can get moved to Sunday or Monday and then we won't have a problem. So annoying!

@untouchablets - The thing is, I'm not trying to get off the hook for going to this wedding. We've said we're going (we haven't formally RSVP'd yet, but made a verbal confirmation), and I feel that he needs to act like a grownup and honour a commitment that he's already made. I don't plan on nagging him about this. He's a grown up, he has a calendar on his phone and knows to use it, and he's going to have to figure this out. I'm not telling him what to do.

@lavenerfields13 - I don't know, they have a show tomorrow night so I'm hoping there will be some discussion at that point.

@Dignity100 - I do this from time to time, like if I set up a wedding appointment for us I'll send it to him...but I'm not his secretary. He puts some stuff in his phone (like the Leafs' schedule and his bachelor party...) but forgets other stuff. I don't want to be running around checking up on his calendar, he's an adult and needs to keep track of this stuff!

@eilis1228 - Whyyyyy Kate Spade, whyyyy? I have until the end of the day...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

eilis1228
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards