Chit Chat
Options

Hair Color Change - UPDATE photo of new color in comments!

edited March 2015 in Chit Chat
Since I feel like it's obligatory to change your hair in some way after a major life event, I'm changing my hair color tonight.  I've been mostly brunette for about 5 months now after having a fairly intense ombre that started at about chin level for awhile.  

So, do I go back to being a mostly blonde ombre (but even higher up) or do I go for a tortoiseshell look like Giselle?

Re: Hair Color Change - UPDATE photo of new color in comments!

• Options
    How old is your profile pic?  Because I really like your hair color there.  I'm all about the ombre if it's done right, I have a caramel ombre in my hair that I've had for a bout 4 years now.
  • Options
    I'm personally really sick of ombre hair just because it seemed like EVERYONE had it for a while (just my own opinion) but I really love Giselle's hair. Do Giselle's hair! 
  • Options
    @plainjane0415 that was from last summer.

Now it's more like this in direct sunlight  :  (sorry most of my pics are from makeup posts from my instagram)

• Options
    Ombre is boring now and I don't see what the difference between tortoiseshell and regular highlights is. 

Do you have a job where you can get a punky color? Or go all blonde!

Or allow me to live vicariously through you and dye your hair silver.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wow your current color is pretty too!  I had to google gisele's current hair color, and I'm going to have to echo @novella1186 and say go with gisele.. I think that would look awesome on you!
  • Options
    pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I love Gisele's look. And I totally agree about changing your hair after a major life event! Or just in general,haha. I am actually planning on cutting off my hair to shoulder length after the wedding, and possibly adding in highlights for the summer. I am totally ready for a new look.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Thsi was it at its lightest about 15 months ago

larrygaga said:

Ombre is boring now and I don't see what the difference between tortoiseshell and regular highlights is. 

Do you have a job where you can get a punky color? Or go all blonde!

Or allow me to live vicariously through you and dye your hair silver.
    Tortoiseshell has about 6 different shades to it and isn't done in lines like highlights are.  Mine would be like chocolate, caramel, bright blonde, some rose gold and bronze.

I'm not into the silver or grey look, not my thing.  And all blonde doesn't work with my skin unfortunately, tried it once, lasted a week, hated it!

• Options
    This is the lightest I even went and liked it, but I want more dimension I think than a normal ombre

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    I love Gisele's hair color it's beautiful. I'm a little over the ombre look also.

If you decide to go ombre with a lighter blonde, maybe try a more "white" blonde rather than a gold blonde.

@larrygaga wants everyone to dye their hair silver for her! I wish I had the guts.

• Options
    I change my hair after a break up, every time. Honestly, I think you're going to look great with whatever you decide to do.
  • Options
    I love the Gisele!  I think it will look awesome on you!  I'm dying to do something different but without Keratin and hair dye there aren't many options so I'll live vicariously thru you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think Gisele's hair is pretty, but a little ashy. Could you do something with honey and caramel colors?

Yeah mine will be a bit warmer than hers is.  My hair naturally had a lot of red in it so it's always warmer

• Options
    I'm pretty well over the ombre look at this point. REALLY like Gisele's color. 

Would you consider the tortoise shell look AND chopping off your hair (a la Jessica Alba's new bob)? It'd be pretty dramatic but fun.

This color:

This cut:
    Jessica Alba haircut
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

I'm pretty well over the ombre look at this point. REALLY like Gisele's color. 

Would you consider the tortoise shell look AND chopping off your hair (a la Jessica Alba's new bob)? It'd be pretty dramatic but fun.

This color:

This cut:
    Jessica Alba haircut
    Nope, not cutting it.  Literally everyone has a Lob now, I love my long hair.  I donated my hair twice and have done the lob thing, it's not for me.  My hair is too curly and frizzy and it's much harder to style when it's short.

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

Also I'm a bad influence, so I think you should put a couple of pastel highlights in there.

Meh I'm not into it.  I've done the color thing before, not into it for now on me.  

• Options
    My hair dresser did more of a subtle ombre for my hair with a darker brunette on top and caramel color weaved throughout. I'm not a huge fan of the stark ombre look so I like the tortoise shell look better. Definitely agree you should do warmer colors though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Unpopular opinion: I think you should dye it darker. I think it would make your eye pop and its less maintenance.

I was going to suggest this too! Yes, go darker!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    KatWAG said:

Unpopular opinion: I think you should dye it darker. I think it would make your eye pop and its less maintenance.

The maintenance doesnt' bother me, when I had an ombre it was really just touching up my roots to cover the grey.  

I thought for a minute about going darker but I want more of a change than that.  Next fall though I'll probably go full on deep brown!

• Options
    I also don't like the ombre look but I have a short bob. I also have curly hair so you may not like my suggests ha. What about a tortoise shell look but maybe add some auburn in there? 
  • Options

pinkcow13 said:

I love Gisele's look. And I totally agree about changing your hair after a major life event! Or just in general,haha. I am actually planning on cutting off my hair to shoulder length after the wedding, and possibly adding in highlights for the summer. I am totally ready for a new look.

Me too! I'm cutting mine off Robin Wright House of Cards Style after the wedding... I can't wait.
    Oh that is an awesome look! I could never pull it off, because my hair is really curly, so I would have to straighten it ALL the time. I actually cannot wait to cut my hair. I love long hair, but I'm kinda sick of it for now. And it grows a lot faster now, so I won't miss it for long. Hopefully lol. I think my hair also tends to look healthier when it's shorter.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

I also don't like the ombre look but I have a short bob. I also have curly hair so you may not like my suggests ha. What about a tortoise shell look but maybe add some auburn in there? 

She's going to do rose gold and caramel for the warmer tones, my issue with auburn is it gets so brassy on me!  I do miss my red hair from 2 years ago, that was fun but a lot of upkeep

• Options

She's going to do rose gold and caramel for the warmer tones, my issue with auburn is it gets so brassy on me!  I do miss my red hair from 2 years ago, that was fun but a lot of upkeep
    I think that sounds great, you should show us pictures! I'm really interested in seeing what rose gold looks like on hair. 
  • Options
    Redheads have the most fun. Just sayin'... :)
  • Options
    Somehow I have the exact opposite of your hair....I didn't even know that was possible.

I like lighter looks for spring/summer myself...so...that's all I have to add. I realize now I have nothing helpful to actually contribute. 
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

Somehow I have the exact opposite of your hair....I didn't even know that was possible.

I like lighter looks for spring/summer myself...so...that's all I have to add. I realize now I have nothing helpful to actually contribute. 
    Haha what do you mean?  You have blonde hair with brown highlights right now?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards