Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Questions for pagan brides!

Eclectic pagan here, fiancée is not religious.

I mostly follow Norse and Egyptian lines, and I'm wondering how I can tie more of my beliefs and related traditions into our ceremony. So far, we're planning on sharing a horn of mead, having our minister tie our hands with a red cord and have discussed a key/weapon exchange (though, we're both women -- alternatives?). I'm looking for more ideas, because I'm rather at a loss.

If it matters, we're getting married at a state park (next to a waterfall) in late August. I've had several people suggest firepits and the like, and they just aren't an option unless we want to use a park grill. Yeeeeeeeeeep, someone suggested that. Looking for slightly more... non-hotdog related ideas.

Re: Questions for pagan brides!

• What all have you done in your wedding?
  • One of my friends did a handfasting with a rope. They also have the rope as decoration in their home now, which I think is a nice touch.

But that was really it, other than a couple of select wordings in their vows and readings.

Unless you're heavily religious, I've never really seen the point in trying to include a lot of religious elements in your wedding.
  • I'm Pagan and we did a hand fasting and fed each other oat cakes but that was it. You really don't need to do a bunch of things. I mean there aren't that many Pagan weddingg traditions. Maybe your officient might have some ideas if you don't feel what you already have planned is enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards