Not Engaged Yet
Options

Just Tuesday

I totally thought it was Wednesday and had what I thought was a clever theme chat...and then I realized it was just stupid old Tuesday. Boooo!

Happy things: We have half of our RSVPs back! People keep writing additional comments on them about how excited they are to attend and it makes my heart smile every time. And we're going to visit our house tonight!!! In less than a month we will be living there!!! I don't think I posted pictures before, so I will try to take a bunch tonight.

Other things: I seriously thought more people would be declines for our wedding. We have the space and budget if everyone comes (and they aren't all coming), but there would be more breathing room with fewer guests! Come on "No"s! And I am tired AF. I did not sleep well last night and I would like to put my head down on my desk and take a little snooze :( And it's all grey and crappy outside.

What's up with the rest of you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just Tuesday

• Options
    @lmcooper86 I'm tired as well. I slept so hard last night that I still feel sleepy.

Not much going on today. I was supposed to go to this meeting for a community service day that DH is having at his school because I was going to volunteer but I decided I'm going to go later on this month. I have so much cleaning to do at the house that I just don't want to have another excuse not to do it.
  • Options
    I am livid this morning. I worked over 6 hours of overtime last week. I just looked at my paycheck, they paid me for half an hour of over time. I already fucking hate this job but this really just pushes me over the edge. Now I have to go to HR and deal with this because I'm not getting shorted. It's their fault they are short staffed. I'm not working over-time and not getting paid for it.

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - That's wonderful about your RSVPs!  We did a lot of online RSVPs (in fact, half of our guests didn't RSVP at all because I guess it's not a thing in the Hispanic culture around here) and I saved them all in my gmail folders.  It's really nice to go back once in a while and read some of the nice comments!

I am also tired.  I got my new FitBit ChargeHR last night!!  I charged it up and wore it to bed.  Oh, and we decided to turn on the "exercise" feature while we had some romantic fun last night to track my HR.  We had a lot of laughs later that night.  I love being married to my H!

Anyway, last night I had night sweats SO BAD.  Gotta wash the sheets tonight.  Ugh! 

Today is going to be really nice...  around 80 degrees!!  Severe storms tonight, but just hail/wind/rain, no tornado threat.  Good thing, because I want to go to bed early.

Tomorrow is my interview!  I'm tweaking my resume today (they looked at a copy that was only updated to December) to bring to the interview tomorrow.  I am excited and nervous.
  • Options

I am so exhausted again today.  I was out late last night and had a light sleep.  I can't wait to get home from work do a few things around the house and just sit myself down on the coach.  Unfortunately no working out after work now but I'll make up for it the rest of the week.  I am so glad I have off on Friday, 

In other random news I'm trying to convince H we need a tea cup pig as a pet, so far I'm not winning this battle.  I even came up with a great name for it.  We'll see what happens.  It's been an amusing conversation thus far. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @Imcooper86 - I'm sure as it gets closer to the deadline you'll get more declines.  Can't wait for you to AW your house!!

@Southernpeach89 - good luck getting some cleaning done

@bethsmiles - holy crap, that is just wrong that they didn't pay you for the time you worked!!  I hope you're able to get a solution to it!  Did they code your time some other way?  Like I know if we call off sick that time gets coded differently so if we do still go over the 40 hours, we don't get time+half for it.

@CocoBellaF - glad you got your fitbit and are getting such great use of it already!  Good luck with your interview!

@Peaseblossom55 - Hope your work day goes by fast so you can relax!

-----

I had a bad day yesterday.  The person I sit next to, I'll refer to him as smelly... because he smells (if not of BO then of grease - he's been talked to several times about it).  So because smelly is new to our group - he passed something off to me and I didn't get a lunch or breaks; so here I'm dealing with his issues and I hear him on the phone with his mortgage company followed by home owners insurance followed by credit card followed by wife followed by phone.... The other guy who sits next to me is just as annoyed with smelly as I am - as I was walking out the other guy said 'I can't take it anymore, I need to talk to the manager, where is he?'.

Today is a new day, I'm working the crummy 'late shift' but I am in a decent mood.  I feel better than yesterday.  We'll see if that continues (as I left my purse at work and need to make sure it's there and all the stuff is inside it - but we're in a locked area and everybody is pretty honest).

Oh - all caught up on TWD too! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @dignity100 - I don't know what they did. I just sent HR an e-mail with a copy of my time sheet so hopefully it will be resolved quickly!

• Options
    @Imcooper86 - Glad you're getting RSVPs back! I know I'm going to feel the same way, come on NOs!! We can afford our A list number but not with the B list included so we will probably move B listers up to A list when people say they aren't coming from the A list.

@bethsmiles - That reallllly sucks. Good luck dealing with HR, that's always a hassle.

@CocoBellaF - That's too funny, hey they always say you can burn up to I think 600 calories an hour, so you might as well count it, right?!  Good luck with your interview!!!

---------------------------

I'm still exhausted (even though I'm sleeping better, I still have a hard time falling back to sleep after I get woken up) and FI getting up at 5:30 for PT twice a week is really not helping. He's also getting a cold which I've felt coming on for a bit, I've been popping zinc hoping to combat it. We're also dogsitting this weekend and FI is very nervous around dogs, so this is going to be an adventure with venue shopping, the holidays, colds, and a very hyper dog. We're hosting a seder Friday night too so I don't know how we will survive this weekend.

We heard back from the caterers for the castle yesterday and I'm heartbroken. They quoted me at aboout $83pp for a buffet (in which the appetizers are possibly not included), cocktails, open bar, and cake. And this doesn't count dishes, linens, and staffing??? WTF?!?!  I should have known that we couldn't afford a Manhattan wedding, but I'm still really disappointed. Pelham Split Rock is looking better and better. We are scheduled to look at two more venues this weekend though, so maybe we will still find our place we fall in love with.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - Why would you FMIL RSVP for you?! That's bizarre! Is she normally like that?

• Options

@southernpeach89 - I finally had a Saturday at home this weekend and actually got to clean! My apartment was in a state and it was driving me nuts. It's still a bit of a mess, but that's because it's tiny and somewhat cluttered. I can't wait to move!

@bethsmiles - That is such a load of shit, I would be furious too! We actually had 2 incidents last year where we just didn't get paid; they tried to spin it as a problem with the payroll company, but we're all pretty sure it's because the finance guy forgot about some stat holidays and just submitted everything too late. The first time was over the holidays and they didn't even make a reasonable effort to contact us about the issue, the second time was a regular work day and I refused to do any work until they told us how it was going to be dealt with. I hope you get what you're owed!!!

@CocoBellaF - Good luck tomorrow!

@Peaseblossom55 - I feel like there was a discussion about teacup pigs on another TK board recently, but I can't remember where!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @ImCooper - They just didn't pay you? I would have refused to work until they resolved it too. This company has some sketchy stuff going on and I was lied to about a lot of things when I accepted the job. I've already started looking for other jobs.

• Options
    So apparently regular hours and overtime hours are paid on a different schedule so my overtime will be in my next paycheck. But why? Why do it that way? It's just confusing!

• Options
    @Swazzle @bethsmiles @Hummingbird125 @TwoDimes So what do you ladies suggest? I was always under the assumption that if done earlier enough it was acceptable. We can afford about 150 guests, we have 156 on our A list and another 47 on our B list. Our numbers are already f*cked because FI has 70 people in his family that are MUST invites. And I'm expecting that many of my people won't be able to come because it's in NY.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I can't understand why your FMIL thinks you guys are disrespecting her. Wow. That is unreal. I'm so glad your FI stood up for you and understands how inappropriate his mother is being. I hope you guys are able to get through to your FILs! I'm also a little surprised the bride was OK with someone coming to the shower that wasn't invited...

@bethsmiles OH HELL NO! They better pay you ASAP!

@nycgal85 Choosing the venue is one the most stressful parts of wedding planning. Once you book a venue, the rest of the vendors will fall into place. 

@peaseblossom55 There was a thread on NEY about teacup pigs last week. Basically everyone was saying that they're a scam. LINK

@lmcooper86 YAY for more RSVPs! That's so exciting! I think once you get closer to the event you'll have more No's. 

@CocoBellaF Let me know what you think of your new FitBit! I've been using a polar watch for a while, but the chest strap constantly stops working for no reason in the middle of my workouts. It's super annoying. I think in the next month or so I'll be in the market for a new fitness tracker.
    --------------------------

BLAH TUESDAY. I'm going to be crabby until I get meds in my system. 

Yesterday my fever broke for a bit (yay for lots of sleep and ibuprofen!), so I went to the post office for postcard stamps and to the grocery store with FI. Our Save the Dates are officially in the mail, so that's exciting.

My mom and a close family friend have apparently toured a venue for my bridal shower, and they want to have it June 7. I think that's a little early for my shower, but it's not really up to me. Plus, all of our OOT family will already be here for my little brother's high school graduation, so we'd be saving them another trip. I don't know if they've officially booked it yet, but so far that's what I've heard. Very exciting either way. :)

I'm fairly certain I don't have strep... my throat still hurts like a mother, but it's not as intense as it was yesterday. The sinus headaches have gotten worse, so this is probably just a bad sinus infection. I'm trying to work from home today so I don't have to use another sick day, and then hopefully tomorrow I can actually go into the office. 

FI and I watched TWD last night. For a season finale, it was a little underwhelming. Now we need to catch up on Better Call Saul... has anyone else been watching that? We're really enjoying it.

• Options
    @TwoDimes - the extra 6 people isn't going to kill us, it's the other 47 that would kill us. And all of our venues can hold more than 150 thankfully.

This is what has caused the most tension with FI and I is that I feel like I can't invite people because his family is taking the bulk of our list. 
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - Yeah, our coworkers are all on the B list right now. I would love for my coworkers to be there, I'm very close with them, but if it's between them and family/friends who have known me since I was little, there's no debate. It just sucks, I really hate this part. I hate the idea that I'm ranking my friends and family on importance to me. I have this fear of insulting people.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

@nycgal85 - You either have to make hard cuts (both you and your FI) or figure out a way to be able to afford everyone. Are you inviting kids? Maybe make your event adults only. Are there people you are inviting out of obligation rather than really wanting them there? Cut them, as long as you are the ones paying you are the only ones who get a say in the guest list.

ETA: Nobody is entitled to an invitation - including family.

• Options
    @bethsmiles - thats super frustrating. i once nagged HR for weeks about a small discrepancy in my check. no shame. glad you got to the bottom of it, but i agree its a silly system.

@cocobellaf - good luck on interview tomorrow!

@peaseblossom55 - as @eilis1228 and @lmcooper86 mentioned....i started a thread a week or so ago re: mini pigs. please please please do your research on "teacup pigs" before you purchase. do you know how big they can grow? do you have the time/space/money to dedicate? is it even legal where you live? do you have a vet lined up that will treat a pig?

@twodimes - ugh that fiasco sounds awful. why would FMIL do that? people are silly sometimes.

@eilis1228 - glad you are on the mend.

i came home last night to find BF had done a very thorough cleaning/organization of the apartment. score!! it feels soooo much better now. (we live in a 400 sq ft apt so clutter quickly makes me feel like i am drowning). he tackled most of his "honey do" list and also had dinner going in the crock pot which was delicious...one of those nights where i am especially grateful for him.
  • Options

@lmcooper86 - YAY! I want house pictures!

@bethsmiles - You deserve your damn money! I hear about this kind of payroll crap way too often. How is something so simple fucked up so easily?

@TwoDimes - Oh, lovely FMIL. At least the cousin was nice about it instead of just getting pissed that you"invited yourself" or something.

@nycgal85 - Uh..... B list? Even just calling it that makes me feel bad for anyone on it.

-----------------------------------------------

We watched Big Fish last night. I could probably watch that movie once a week and never truly get sick of it. I always forget it's a Tim Burton movie.

We bought our dog a hiking pack this weekend. I decided to try and wear him out a little extra on our walk this morning, so I put the pack on him with two little water bottles (he's 60 pounds, so this is reasonable). He was NOT HAPPY. He loves to walk as fast as he can get away with, but with the pack on he was stopping every 5 feet to "sniff". I ended up taking it off for a while so he could mark a bunch of stuff and do his other business, then stuck it back on for the last mile and he did great! It slowed him down, which will be so much nicer for hiking. And when we stopped at the park, he went and climbed all the way up the play set, so he still has his balance. I can't wait to backpack with my doggie!

• Options
    I left work last night in such a good mood because H was going food shopping for me and I was looking forward to the dinner I was making (ST skillet steak with mushrooms and onions). 

And then I got a flat friggin tire because I drove straight into a crater of a pothole on the highway and discovered a giant bubble on another tire. So my car is out of commission until tonight when H takes it for new ones. After that, we have to run to the DMV because his car registration is up and it's in my name so I have to be there. We're a total mess right now. 

I cracked open one of the bottles of wine that I bought last weekend while I was in the Hamptons and I wish I had gotten 5 bottles of it. I limited myself to two glasses so that it wasn't empty in one night. It took some REAL self control, let me tell you.

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - That is exciting about the house! Definitely share pics!

@cocobellaf - good luck on the interview!

@peaseblossom55 - I'm pretty sure a teacup pig is a myth. They do not stay small. You might want to google 
    teacup pig myth'... they can grow up to 300lbs!

@twodimes - What a nightmare... I'm glad FI runs interference on this stuff!

@nycgal85 - As others have said, it's totally rude to have a B list... you shouldn't do it. Either find a venue that is cheaper so that you can invite all 203, or just invite 150. I know, it's tough to make those choices, but that's life. Sending out invitations really early is an OBVIOUS sign of B-listing. Just don't do it.

@swazzle - that sucks about your tires! I ran over a pothole going about 45 and I was sure I was going to have a flat tire but luckily I didn't... especially since I was 3 hours from home! 

My MIL and FIL come into town tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing them! Tonight I need to get lots of quality time in with DH, though, since we won't be alone again for three weeks...

Also, in about 15 minutes we have an all-company meeting that was just called this morning. I'm guessing one of our high-ranking people left, but I'm not sure. Hopefully it's that we are all getting $5k raises ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @TwoDimes - thanks I'll look at that thread.

@bethsmiles - we have already cut kids under 18 (with the exception of FI's two first cousins who will be 16 and 13 and our flower girl, best friend's little girl, and ring bearer, the boy I pretty much raised as a nanny). We also are only giving +1s to couples married, engaged, living together, or serious LTR. In terms of who's contributing both our parents are giving us a significant amount of money, so that makes it hard. We are already planning a second event in Ohio for all our family/friends who can't come to NY.   There's also this drama with FI's family, they're very close-knit extended family and it could mean destroying family ties if we don't invite these people.

@Hummingbird125 - We're trying to talk about it, it's not easy. It's especially difficult because FI is a native NYer and I'm not so FI has tons of family and friends here and I don't. FI also has a massive family and I have a tiny family. I'm trying so hard to not get resentful, but it's not easy. 

• Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    @swazzle - i made that skillet steak and onions (left out the mushrooms)
    sunday night. it was so good!! and so easy. thanks for the rec
  • Options
    Good morning!

Today is my day off so I am getting some cleaning done and I have meeting with the lady I'm dogsitting for later but that's about it.

I am REALLY enjoying the convenience of having a car. I was cleaning the rabbit cage this morning and remembered that I've been meaning to buy him a new litter box, which I was putting off because carrying a giant litterbox home is a pain in the butt. Today, however, I just paused my cleaning, got in the car, drove to the pet store, and got a new litter box all in less than a half hour. It was mundane and AMAZING.

OK.... I have a really big decision to make soon. On my days off sometimes I work for my friend (my roommate's best friend) who owns a dog grooming shop in town. I love working there, I get paid cash, the hours are great, and they're closed Sundays. She texted me the other day asking if I felt comfortable telling her what I get paid, which I did. I had a feeling that she was asking because she wanted to ask me to work for her full time. Lo and behold, my roommate comes home and tells me that our friend wants me to work full time and leave my job. She wants to pay me almost twice my current salary and I'd get insurance too, which is pretty much the only think keeping me at my current job. I would say yes in a HEARTBEAT but the only big question mark is insurance. I pay VERY good rates right now, and so if her insurance is significantly more expensive than mine, I can't accept the job. If it's slightly more, I will take it as long as my take home pay is more than what I make now. I just feel so stuck at my job. I have been trying to get promoted to Assistant Manager for years, tenured workers are minimally appreciated, and they keep adding more and more responsibility for my position without adding pay or benefits. It's disheartening to work there even though I absolutely adore and look up to my manager and I love the customers. If my friend's offer is worthwhile, I'm gonna put in my two weeks notice after my vacation. It's gonna suck, I already have anxiety about it, but I really feel like this is good for me considering my long-term goals (my major is entrepreneurship and management and I want to own my own business someday).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards