Chit Chat
Options

strippers and bachelor parties

14567810»

Re: strippers and bachelor parties

• Options
    I've never been, but from what I have been told (one of the few bars here has a strip club upstairs so it has come up in conversation) it is seen as an insult to try to hand a stripper change.  So, you either don't give them anything or you give them five dollar bills or higher.
  • Options
    doeydo said:

I've never been, but from what I have been told (one of the few bars here has a strip club upstairs so it has come up in conversation) it is seen as an insult to try to hand a stripper change.  So, you either don't give them anything or you give them five dollar bills or higher.

Man. Everythings better in Canada. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, loonies/twoonies are placed on the stage.  Usually those were to buy posters of the dancers though.  I didn't really pay attention to how they were getting paid though

• Options
    KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    I've only ever noticed bills... you know, being held between a guy's teeth or whatever for the dancer to retrieve (I really wouldn't want to hold a toonie between my teeth, and imagine the choking hazard!). But maybe random folk also [g]litter the stage with coins as a wee tip, I don't know. I can't see that going over very well in the higher end clubs. In Vegas, people definitely throw the singles, but in Canada that would hurt!

And if it were me, I would be beyond pissed to be given quarters, even a whole fuckton of them.
  • Options
    FiancB said:

I *think* it's pretty common to use coins or tokens in Canada. It would certainly get a kick in the face here. 

From what I've heard, there's a game that some of the performers will do where the customers throw loonies and toonies and try to get them into the container the performer is holding.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Once, someone tipped me change. I told him my name was Muffinman, not Maytag. I don't take coins. He put his change away and gave me a twenty. I miss being a bitch and getting paid for it. Of course, you learned who you could joke around with.
  • Options
    Ok, so I asked DH and he's filling me in.  He goes occasionally on bachelor parties and he says it makes us look bad.  Anyway, apparently in Alberta, we thrown loonies and twoonies at strippers.  Not hard or to hurt, but we toss them.  You'll get magnets/posters whatever in return.  Or, he says, at the end of her performance, she'll crawl around with a loonie stuck to her butt cheek that you try to knock off with more loonies.  It's not whipped hard at her, just enough to get it to her apparently.  He says maybe a random guy will toss a $5 bill, but he thinks most make bigger cash on private dances.  

Just as a declaimer, DH finds this really rude and disgusting.  He's just relaying to me what he's seen in the past at our standard strip club.  He's never seen it anywhere else and thinks it's a klassy Alberta thing

• Options
    I hear the dancers go around with a magnet and pick up the change after their performance. Weird
  • Options

I hear the dancers go around with a magnet and pick up the change after their performance. Weird

Apparently so.  Or in the higher end places, one of the male workers will do it for the girls

• Options

If you're watching the show in the strip club, you really need to be tipping a higher amount than coins. That's like tipping your bartender with a quarter, you just don't do it.

Kahlyla said:

I've only ever noticed bills... you know, being held between a guy's teeth or whatever for the dancer to retrieve (I really wouldn't want to hold a toonie between my teeth, and imagine the choking hazard!). But maybe random folk also [g]litter the stage with coins as a wee tip, I don't know. I can't see that going over very well in the higher end clubs. In Vegas, people definitely throw the singles, but in Canada that would hurt!

And if it were me, I would be beyond pissed to be given quarters, even a whole fuckton of them.

Putting the dollar in your teeth is hella rude too.

Here's a comic on Strip Club Etiquette
    Yes, I don't like seeing it at all. I've seen a few guys try to jump up there at the last second and the girl just ignore them entirely. :D
  • Options

Apparently so.  Or in the higher end places, one of the male workers will do it for the girls
    Yes, this is true.

In my experience, people only give bills when the dancer is actually dancing, but afterwards, here it's typical for her to play little "games" after her song where she'll roll up one of her posters, aim it at her junk or whatever, and encourage everyone sitting along the rail in Perv Row to throw change in there. She gives out free posters or magnets with her glamour shots on them if you play. Then she'll either use this big magnet on a string to pick up all the change on the floor or they'll be another employee to do it after he cleans the pole etc., for the next girl.

The coin stuff makes me feel really bad because I bet it's uncomfortable, but when the smallest bills are $5 I guess I understand how it got started. When I go, I skip the tossing coins at their bare skin and pass them a bill instead.

I don't go to strip clubs often but it does happen occasionally. I'm straight, so I try to tip lots and drink lots and at least buy a dance for someone else in the group because I know the rep that women patrons have in strip clubs. I try really hard to not be obnoxious and not waste girls' time because as a former bartender I do know it's got to be a frustrating way to earn a living sometimes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amelisha said:

Yes, this is true.

In my experience, people only give bills when the dancer is actually dancing, but afterwards, here it's typical for her to play little "games" after her song where she'll roll up one of her posters, aim it at her junk or whatever, and encourage everyone sitting along the rail in Perv Row to throw change in there. She gives out free posters or magnets with her glamour shots on them if you play. Then she'll either use this big magnet on a string to pick up all the change on the floor or they'll be another employee to do it after he cleans the pole etc., for the next girl.

The coin stuff makes me feel really bad because I bet it's uncomfortable, but when the smallest bills are $5 I guess I understand how it got started. When I go, I skip the tossing coins at their bare skin and pass them a bill instead.

I don't go to strip clubs often but it does happen occasionally. I'm straight, so I try to tip lots and drink lots and at least buy a dance for someone else in the group because I know the rep that women patrons have in strip clubs. I try really hard to not be obnoxious and not waste girls' time because as a former bartender I do know it's got to be a frustrating way to earn a living sometimes.
    Geez that is so different than in the US (from what I know), but pretty interesting. Props to those girls for taking coins. Change is the bane of my existence regardless of how much it is worth hahah!
  • Options
    So I want to buy BF a lapdance for his birthday. I also don't want to piss the dancer iff (I get why women patrons have a bad rep). my plan was to go with him, pay for the dance and give her a big tip, is that cool?

• Options
    I could not find a gif of it, but the quarters thing made me think of Bob's Burgers. It's how Bob knows Linda is not really going to a strip club, she's going to dinner theatre. Because she thinks you put the quarters in the g-strings.

I love that show, but I really thought they made up the quarters thing. I did not think that was a thing people really did.
  • Options
    anjemon said:

I could not find a gif of it, but the quarters thing made me think of Bob's Burgers. It's how Bob knows Linda is not really going to a strip club, she's going to dinner theatre. Because she thinks you put the quarters in the g-strings.

I love that show, but I really thought they made up the quarters thing. I did not think that was a thing people really did.
    YES!!! I just watched the episode and that is exactly what I was thinking the whole time. I thought it was fake! 
  • Options

So I want to buy BF a lapdance for his birthday. I also don't want to piss the dancer iff (I get why women patrons have a bad rep). my plan was to go with him, pay for the dance and give her a big tip, is that cool?

Yep. Don't interrupt her during the dance, don't try to touch her or do anything that is against the rules. If a male patron can't do it, you shouldn't do it either. I think the biggest problem with many female customers is they have a bad attitude and/or think they can get away with more just because they are female.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards