Not Engaged Yet

Monday Moods

Good morning! What kind of mood are you in on this fine Monday?

I am feeling tired, happy, grateful, and excited. 

I got the vouchers for our trip this morning so I'm going to call soon to officially book it! I seriously can't even believe it. I was having some buyer's remorse this weekend. Mainly I was wondering if we should have spent the money to go somewhere we haven't been before and then I was also like crap, we just spent A LOT of money. But when I got the vouchers this morning I got really excited all over again and I can't even believe it and I can't wait. 

My weekend was really nice! The weather was absolutely perfect. I spent both days doing house stuff. H and I finished our dining room chairs yesterday and they look amazing. We're going to start working on the china cabinet we found on CL this week and hopefully by the weekend, the dining room will be DONE! I also rearranged the living room a little bit (I added a table behind the couch). I want to pick out blinds for both rooms ASAP and I need a rug for the living room. Then we'll move on to painting the downstairs guest room and FINALLY get to work on the master bedroom :)

Here are some pics complete with a Brody photobomb:

Re: Monday Moods

• @hummingbird125 - We can make the ice cream at my house in my ice cream maker! Your sign came out SO GOOD! I can't wait to see you in 5 days :) Also, my aunt bought these cover things to hide the wires from her TV: 

@southernpeach89 - I know you're right! H is already planning things to do in Cape Town that we didn't get to do last time! I can't believe you have to register Baby Peach for daycare this early! That's nuts! 

• @swazzle looks fantastic! I love it!

@Hummingbird125 did you do that without a stencil?!?! That looks amazing!

Today I feel super bored/annoyed. My current contract isn't very busy nor challenging so I sit here most days without a lot to do. Exact opposite of my last one which had me on overtime every week. I can go home when they don't have work for me and get paid but because it isn't billable, it goes against my bonuses. Grr...

Pretty sure this girl here is checking in on me too. She works on a different floor then me. I get here at 7 am every morning and today she came in about 7:15 which is about an hour or so earlier than her usual time and the first thing she does is come down here and looks in my cubicle and says "You're here early" I told her I am always here this early (she knows this because I have to send her my timesheet every week for their billing department). Last week she just kept coming down here and would pop her head in and say "hello" and look at my screen to see what I am doing, which I am usually surfing the net since they have nothing for me to do and I don't hide. I ask people all the time for work to do but no one has anything. Anyway, it's just sort of annoying me this morning. If she has something for me to do, by all means, give it to me! I am an accountant but I will wipe down walls if it will keep me busy! #endrant

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Where are you going, @Swazzle?

We decided to get away for a super-fast trip this fall, so I am booking hotels and a car to go to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta for a couple days!  It's only an 8 hour-ish drive, so it's not horrible.  We've always wanted to go!  Hopefully we can squeeze in another little trip during the winter (maybe January or February) and then we're going to Seattle/Canada for our 5-year anniversary next summer!  Can't wait!!

I am in a "blah" mood.  I didn't get enough sleep, it's going to rain ALL WEEK, and I have a headache.  I brought an iced coffee, which was dumb because it's freezing at work.  I'd rather have a flat white.

I don't know if it's because of my thyroidectomy or if it's because I went a little crazy on the Easter candy, but I have been feeling super fluffy.  The scale says I'm up about 3 pounds.  It doesn't seem like much, but on a 4'10" body every pound counts.  Ugh.
  • @Swazzle I know! It blew my mind when the daycare manager told me that the Fall classes were pretty much full and she is now starting to receive December applications...which is when my maternity leave will end : (
  • @Loves2Dream - That is REALLY annoying! Is she your boss or something? If not, I would probably say something. I don't like feeling micromanaged so that sort of behavior would not fly with me. 

@CocoBellaF - H and I are going to South Africa again (Cape Town and a safari in a different area than we were in for our HM). The balloon festival sounds so cool! The pictures from that are always so gorgeous! How fun!

• @lmcooper86 I think we are pretty sure that we will have a spot with the daycare we are calling today. When we visited them last week, she said they have available spots of infants so hopefully we won't be put on a wait list. If we are then we will definitely look into applying for others.
  • @swazzle, yay for another trip!!!  I love the table and chairs they look great!

@southernpeach89 wow I can't believe you have to look into daycares already. 

My weekend was great. Friday was H's birthday and after work I went to see him play hockey.  He loved his gifts and he was happy I saw him play hockey too.  Saturday we cleaned and set up the entertainment room and hung up some more pictures around the house. We also went out to dinner to celebrate H's birthday.  I love PF Chang's.  On Sunday we did (H mostly) did some work on the yard, he cleared out the last of the ugly flower beds we inherited when we bought the house.  Then we relaxed and watched Game of Thrones.

I got an awful night of sleep last night and I feel exhausted this morning.  I hope the work day goes by quickly and painlessly. 

Anniversary

• Good morning!
    I spent the end of last week in the Outer Banks of NC with BF and his family, we got back late Saturday night. The weather was GORGEOUS and we did some beachy things and it was a great time! BF's birthday was on Thursday so we went on a horse tour on this crazy beach town thing and had a delicious dinner. I ate some amazing seafood every day I was there. I also got to visit my brother which was really nice even though I only saw him for a few minutes because he was at work.

Yesterday I was pretty much in a pissy mood all day. A few weeks ago BF mentioned a trip to six flags with this group of people from his fencing club, and I was okay with it only because I thought I would be working since I work EVERY weekend, but otherwise I wouldn't have been because I have been asking him if we could go for YEARS and he always says "we will find a day to do it dont worry" but we never do. So on Friday when he told me their six flags thing was THIS weekend I was like great I'm off this weekend can I come with. And he said no. So I wasn't invited to this thing which I had a HUGE problem with because how is it possible that EVERY time I ask you can't find the time but suddenly when you can I'm not welcome? So he kept saying the old "we will find a day" which I frankly don't believe until it happens and THEN his mom convinced him not to go on Saturday so I was somewhat satisfied. Unfortunately, his teenage brother is more difficult to reason with, so early yesterday morning I got a text from him saying they were actually going, but he would be back in time to take me to dinner. Well, it was a two hour drive in NYC traffic on a Sunday evening and when I reminded him he would have to leave soon to make it back he had the nerve to ask me to meet him there, which I wouldn't have made it until the park closed and really annoyed me because he should have mentioned it earlier since I was home alone all day. And he was still like an hour and a half late to pick me up since he didn't listen to me earlier.

I know this is all stupid and I hate that we had this ridiculously dumb fight but my feelings were really hurt (and still kinda are). It's just the principle of the matter, I guess. I LOVE that place and I really have been asking forever, but the second someone ELSE mentions it he can suddenly carve out a day out of his busy schedule to do it. At least that is how it feels, he insists its not like that and he wants a SEPARATE day to go with me. I don't buy it. I even said some really uh... immature things I am definitely not proud of... something along the lines of if you're late you better come back with a ring. Oooooppsss... We DID make up and the whole thing has blown over but he does understand that I am still a little sore over the whole thing.

Add to all that the fact that I found out my best friend was ditched at the bachelorette party she was attending by the bride and the rest of the bridal party in the middle of the night and I was just NOT having ANYTHING yesterday. Ugh ugh UGH.

Oh well. It's a new day, and I am still on vacation until Wednesday so now I am gonna try to take it easy until its time to go back to work.
  • #CocobellaF I am sorry to hear about your thyroid. I come from a long line of thyroid problems. I am also only 4'11" so I totally understand the 3 pounds. NTM, when you have thyroid issue, weight loss is extra challenging. Hope you are ok!

@swazzle she is a secretary......nothing to do with me....nothing to do with my department....Some of my co-workers happened to mention the same thing to me this morning though so I was glad I wasn't the only one annoyed with her. She is young, fresh from college and is just falling in the with the toxic crowd here (the slackers who spend most of their time gossiping then working). I walk sort of a fine line as a consultant. If I worked here as an actual employee, you're damn right I would talk to her. But I don't, which makes it even more annoying that A) She is checking on a non-employee and B) I have to bite my tongue instead of putting her in her place.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Good morning! Just a touch tired today.

I got a haircut on Saturday. Picked up a garter. Framed posters (fine college "artwork") for the house. Wrote more on my dissertation. A little frustrated - my mom has been telling everyone they can leave right away after dinner because there's no dance anyway. I know no one is obligated to stay the whole evening, but I'd like to think I could plan a party that didn't suck so much everyone was running away. Had a good weekend with FI, though.

Now I'm going to write more, which should be fun because I've clearly flipped the bird at any kind of subject-verb sentence structure today.
  • @KeptInStitches - AW your haircut, plz?
  • Swazzle your dining room set came out gorgeous, and looks brand new! Also, love the way the living room came out!  Don't have buyer's remorse about your vacation, you're going to have so much fun.  It isn't the same exact trip as your honeymoon anyway. 

Hummingbird125 your sign came out perfect!!

southernpeach89 well if she's booking that far in advance, that has to be a sign that it is a really good daycare. I can't believe you have to book a daycare already though. 

Loves2dream sounds like you have a nosy coworker.  My old department had a few people like that, and they would look for any reason to get someone in trouble. I would say something to her. 

CocoBellaF All your trips sound awesome! 

Mood today: Tired, happy, excited

We took the weekend off from house work, so have a lot of painting to do this week. The goal is to get the main floor done first, so while I paint the second floor my bf can do the flooring on the main level. Then once the second floor is done we can install the carpets up there. Now we just have to agree on colors for the kitchen. 

Friday, I spent the night taking care of my mom. She was up every 2 hours and needed help getting out of bed.  Saturday we spent the morning walking around, which helped her a lot. Saturday night I had a girls night with my best friend and a bunch of her girlfriends.  There was lots of wine and laughing. I then spent the night at my best friend's so that I could have extra time with my nieces. Woke up yesterday and all my 3 year old niece wanted to do was snuggle with me.  Then the baby woke up, so I got to snuggle both my girls all morning.  Came home and spent the rest of the day helping my stubborn mother, who thought it was perfectly fine to mop the floors 48 hours after surgery (she quickly regretted not listening to me).
  • @Swazzle - so jealous of your trip!!  Is that the original couch color?  It looks lighter and I don't remember you mentioning you re-ordered?

@Hummingbird125 - YAY for your mom finding a dress and all the WR stuff!

So tired today - my aquarium filter died over the weekend, so I got a new one and it's loud (same brand, same kind - just the motor on it is loud), so I'm trying to research other ones that might be a bit more quiet (fish tank is in my bedroom).

Friday H played poker, I fell asleep right after he left.

Saturday I had to work most of the day, then we went to MILs for her birthday dinner.  After that, we went to see the Cleveland Gladiators (arena football - they lost).  Our new season seats are really nice though!  H had to work all night after we got home.

Sunday - my aquarium filter had died (as mentioned above) so I went and got a new one and then got some groceries (fun fun).  We had tickets for Kinky Boots - I really liked it, the boys said it was 'ok - not their favorite'.

Anniversary
  • @labro Sorry Maddux bruised your boob : (
  • I'm in a bad mood this morning. The weekend felt too short because I had to work Saturday morning so that ate up half my day. Every day I work at this job I hate it more and more. I have a lot more bad days than I do good days here. My co-worker is always talking down to me and making me feel like I'm stupid. She's always telling me that she has to babysit me and make sure I don't mess up. I've never felt so disrespected at a job. I just can't justify trying to stick it out here when it makes me so miserable. I hate waking up in the morning feeling just depressed and already annoyed before the day has even begun. I've got a list of 3 or 4 jobs to apply to tonight and I'm going to keep looking for more.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@bethsmiles Good luck on the job search! I'm sorry your in such a toxic sounding environment with your current job. :(

@southernpeach89 It's ok! Maddux's little "love bites" just did more damage than I thought lol!

• @bethsmiles - I would not be okay with that.  I hope you are at least giving her your judgy face when she says that!!
  • FI and I spent all weekend together which was so nice since we don't see each other much. Saturday we went to look at wedding rings. Not quite sure what I'm getting yet. I am so indecisive! FI wants a ring that I found on Etsy but the guy's shop is closed right now so I hope it opens back up soon so we can order it!
    Then we went to dinner and I went to see his cousin who is altering my dress. She wanted me to try on the dress before she took in the back to see if I wanted cups sewn in to give me a lift. I decided against the pushed up boobs hehe. She should be done with it next weekend. Then I need to just figure out definite accessories. 
    FI was upstairs watching hockey with his dad while I was trying on my dress (the whole family lives in the same house) and his mom was badgering him about wedding details and he was getting frustrated. When we left he told me his mom said "I don't know anything about this wedding, I'm surprised I'm even invited". She's so dramatic and guilt trips him about shit and has said things to him that a parent should never say to a child. And I wonder where he gets his issues from. Anyways..

Yesterday we were supposed to get to the mall but got a really late start on the day. I went for a walk with my friend and did laundry while FI cleaned the fish tank. Then we went to dinner with his parents.

@swazzle so great that you're getting so much done at the house! and Brody is so cute!

@hummingbird125 I love your sign and that seating card idea!!

• bethsmiles Do you have a linkedin account?  I actually found my current job through linkedin after using career builder and monster for a year.  

TwoDimes I use my kitchenaid any time I bake. If I am baking a cake/cupcakes I will hand mix the batter and then use the kitchenaid to make my butter cream. For Easter I made a cannoli cheesecake that everyone loved. Here's the recipe:

2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
    3 tablespoons sugar
    7 tablespoons butter, melted
    3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
    1 cup ricotta cheese
    2 tablespoons AP flour
    pinch of salt
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
    2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
    1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
    4 eggs, at room temperature
    confectioners’ sugar, for garnish

Position oven rack to middle of oven and preheat to 375 degrees.  Stir cookie crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar together in a bowl, then mix in melted butter until crumbs get slightly clumpy.  Transfer to a 9 inch springform pan and press evenly along the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the pan (like I said, I’ll probably just cover the bottom next time).  Use a plastic bag or wrap to press gently.  Bake for about 10 minutes, or until slightly brown.  Let cool on a rack.  Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.

Put paddle attachment on stand mixer.  Mix cream cheese, ricotta, flour and salt on medium speed, scraping sides of bowl frequently, until very smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes.  Make sure cheese has no lumps.  Add sugar and beat until well blended and smooth.

Add chocolate chips, orange zest and vanilla.  Beat until just combined, about 30 seconds.  Add eggs, one at a time, also beating until just blended.  Do not overbeat.  Pour filling into cooled crust and smooth top.

Bake for about 55-65 minutes.  The sides will be puffy and the center will look soft and jiggle.  Set on rack and cool completely.  Cover and refrigerate, at least 8 hours and up to 3 days.  (it can also be frozen at this point for up to one month…see original recipe for freezing tips)

Unclasp and remove side of pan and run a long, thin spatula under the crust.  Slide onto flat serving plate carefully (or leave it on the bottom of the springform pan like I did!).  Garnish with confectioners’ sugar.  Dip knife in warm water before cutting each slice, wiping in between cuts.

• @caseface5 I think I'm going to start c25k again soon too. I didn't get very far last time. Running is REALLY hard for me :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards