Not Engaged Yet

Monday Moods

Re: Monday Moods

• @twodimes I love my mixer

I found most of my recipes on pinterest I can't access from work.  I made home made dough ( for pizza) I just made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies last week, I've made brownies, frostings(marshmallow frostings) and I think I used it to mix up some muffins as well.

The recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookie were so good 1 cup of sugar, peanut butter, & chocolate chips, 1 egg mixed in the mixer.  Then measure out balls of about 1 tablespoon and flatten into cookies on an oven tray.  Cook for 10-12 minutes at 350

Anniversary

• @bethsmiles I hope you find a new job ASAP- no one should have to feel like that at work! Can you talk to management about your co worker or does management suck too?

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

@CoCoBellaF - Yes, her little comments always get an eye roll from me.

@speakeasy14 - I do have a linkedin account. I haven't found it too helpful in the job search though. Maybe I'm just not using it right though.

ETA: @lavenderfields13 - Management sucks at this company too. I've only been here a few months and I can already see so much dysfunction at this company.

• @futuremrshistorian - You got this! And just amazing how amazing you will feel when you defense is over!

• @labro - I told @hummingbird125 that I'm going to bring one back and just tell the flight attendants that it's my new puppy so I can keep him in a carrier under the seat in front of me. We're still trying to come up with a name....

@Dignity100 - That's the same one! 

@bethsmiles - Good luck on your job search! That's really annoying about your coworker. 

@futuremrshistorian - Good luck!

• @Futuremrshistorian Good Luck!!

@lavenderfields13 It's hard for me too. I think I got about halfway through last time. But I ran a 5k. By ran I mean ran/walked and finished in 45 mins. I am registered for the Color Run in Aug so I want to actually train and do better. We shall see. 
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @eilis1228 Everything sounds so noms!!! What is hummingbird filling? Is it basically like the icing that goes on a hummingbird cake? Please describe more food!

• @eilis1228 - The last time I went to Disneyworld they were doing their Halloween party. It was so much fun to stay at the park later for that. And also, your cake and reception food all sound very yummy! 

• @labro It's similar to the icing in the sense that it has a lot of citrus, but it was pink and had a gel-like texture. It was a mix of berries and citrus, so I think it's more of a nod to hummingbird food instead of hummingbird cake. It was soooo good! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 THANK YOU! That makes me feel so much better lol
  • @bethsmiles The Halloween party looks like so much fun! I was kind of hoping we'd be able to catch the end of the Halloween party and the beginning of the Christmas party, but we will miss the last Halloween party by a few days. Sadness. 

• @TwoDimes Thanks! It's not super fancy, but I think it will all taste really good. I foresee the Google calendar being extremely helpful. All of our final payments are due throughout September and October, and I realized over the weekend I could not keep it all straight in my head. I'm glad a wedding calendar has helped you! Great minds think alike :)

• @eilis1228 Thanks! I just called them and everything looks good to go, I just need to pay a $150 registration fee. It astounds me too. I know some places are way more competitive than others...like you are automatically on a waiting list no matter how early you book. It's ridiculous. 
  • @eilis1228 - Aw, that's a bummer! I'm jealous you get to go the Christmas one though! I've heard Disney is awesome at Christmas and I've always wanted to go.

• edited April 2015
    @swazzle, lots of house stuff! You shouldn't have buyers' remorse - you have wanted to go back to SA.

@hummingbird125, so many WR things!

@cocobellaf, the balloon festival sounds like so much fun!

@lmcooper86, may you be tracking down few people.

@caseface5, awesome quilt!

@labro, haha at Maddux attacks. Ellie-cat bit my boob a couple times this weekend, which always brings a yelp and "That's personal!"

@bethsmiles, good luck with the job hunt.

@futuremrshistorian, you got this! Good luck!

@eilis1228, so much done! Your cake flavors sound good!
  • bethsmiles I found if you change your subject line to something that states you're searching you'll get more responses.  Also, try these tips (clicky).  Hopefully something works so you can get out of that place ASAP. 

eilis1228 They gave her vicodin which she stopped taking Friday evening because it kept making her sick. Yesterday she said the pain wasn't as bad, except for the gas bubbles.  -- All of your food sounds delicious, but I am drooling over your cake.  
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches Obviously she's just suckling and she only bites you because she really loves you!

• @eilis1228 your cake flavors sound delicious!

Anniversary

• @labro, she did suckle when she was a babycat (8 weeks old) and I first got her. Typically she chose either FI's or my fingers. Cutest thing ever.
  • @CLoGreenEyes - Yay for a couch! I went 2 years without a couch in grad school and then my friend ended up giving me one she had been keeping in storage. It's nice to have furniture! I still need pretty much everything you listed needing as well though. I'm saving up bit by bit so I can slowly buy new furniture that I need. I'm buying a coffee table with part of my tax return and I'm so excited about it :)

• @bethsmiles, yay for getting a coffee table! Your self-control with saving up for good furniture is super admirable; I have such a hard time with that. So far I haven't made any crazy impulse purchases, but it's very tempting. Just have to remember that I don't NEED this stuff right away, even if it would be nice.
  • @TwoDimes, totally understandable. She definitely sounds bonkers, to say the least! I am glad we can help you not totally lose it on her, lol. Everybody needs an outlet!
  • WOO CONGRATS @futuremrshistorian PhD.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @futuremrshistorian - OMG!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you ran out of there like this:

Liz Lemon Yay!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards