Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Help! Registry on website question

aliwis000aliwis000 member
5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Hello everyone!

I always get great advice here and I am hoping for more.

My FI and I just registered this weekend at two stores (Macy's and BBB). When I went this morning to update our wedding website I found that the registries were auto linked and the logos and pictures of things we had picked populated the site. I was shocked. Perhaps I should not have been knowing technology these days that theknot.com figured out were we were registered, but to auto populate with pictures of the items seemed a bit too far for me.

So question how is this information best handled.

1. Leave it how theknot website does it. Two big logos at the top of the page and the pictures of the items auto populated and linked below.

2. Turn off the "show" option and just write one line of text "Bridename and Groomname are registered at Macy's and Bed Bath & Beyond. (Leaving it up to the individual visiting the site to go to the stores website and search for our names etc.)

3. Do option 2 with the line of text but also add URL links to each registry.

4. Something else that I have not thought of.

Thank you everyone for your advice! I am of the mind that the website is the only place this type of info should appear and it is not on our StDs or invites. (Note: It will probably be on the shower invites as expected.)

Re: Help! Registry on website question

• Options
    I did my website with the knot, and it autopopulated the store logos on the registry page, but not the items, that's weird.

You could just remove the registry part of your website. People still asked me where I was registered, so I'm not sure how much it mattered that it was on the website.

• Options
    I had that problem initially - and the way I fixed it was to completely remove the TK registry profile and instead just copy-paste the link to my registry to the website registry section... not sure if I'm explaining it right, I'm not really a techno expert. 
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • Options
    Hi!  There's a setting that you can change so that it just shows the store logo (and not everything you registered for).  Change it to "show store registry links only - don't show products".  You should find it under Website Pages > Registry and it's underneath the registry note section.  Hope that helps!
  • Options

Hi!  There's a setting that you can change so that it just shows the store logo (and not everything you registered for).  Change it to "show store registry links only - don't show products".  You should find it under Website Pages > Registry and it's underneath the registry note section.  Hope that helps!

Thank you SO much for posting this!  I was having the same issue with our registry page today as it kept showing the items on the page.  Now it looks so much better!
  • Options
    I am in the "registries should not be on your wedding website" group.  I think of wedding websites as an extension of your invite and since registries should not go in your invites then they should not go on your website.

So I would just delete that page entirely and spread your registry places by word of mouth when asked.

• Options

I am in the "registries should not be on your wedding website" group.  I think of wedding websites as an extension of your invite and since registries should not go in your invites then they should not go on your website.

So I would just delete that page entirely and spread your registry places by word of mouth when asked.
    I'm with you, but I get that we are in the minority. 

This bit where TK turns your wedding website into a shopping page by default is gross. When it was just a link or a list of stores, I could get over it. But now you have to look for advanced options to avoid covering your website with gifts? Yuck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards