Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Slideshow at ceremony?

2»

Re: Slideshow at ceremony?

•    Although not against etiquette, I'm not a fan of the captive audience slide show. I went to a wedding many years ago with a BF for his cousin. I barely knew anyone there and had never met the bride and groom so the slideshow didn't have much meaning for me (and it went on for about 20 minutes). 

I will say, though, that the relatives seemed to enjoy it. There's a lot of other people at weddings, though, besides close relatives. 
  • ntn16ntn16 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    At the end of the day, this is your wedding. You are spending lots of time and money to plan your special day, and it should be just that, special. Of course, you need to consider your guests, but the people in attendance all love you and I doubt they will hold it against you if you want to add a slideshow (or any other personal touch) to your wedding. 

I like the idea of having it on a loop or to play while guests are being seated. Good luck with everything! 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    ntn16 said:

At the end of the day, this is your wedding. You are spending lots of time and money to plan your special day, and it should be just that, special. Of course, you need to consider your guests, but the people in attendance all love you and I doubt they will hold it against you if you want to add a slideshow (or any other personal touch) to your wedding. 

I like the idea of having it on a loop or to play while guests are being seated. Good luck with everything! 

Wrong.

Your guests will hold it against you if you treat them like a captive audience while you stroke your egos.  Your wedding is not your coronation as Monarchs of the Universe. 

Your guests are not going to want to watch "All About Us" slide shows, especially if you force them to by turning off the lights.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards