Chit Chat

Happy Tuesday!

2»

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• My number one goal for today (and pretty much every day) is to change out of my bathrobe and bathe before noon. Today that will actually be accomplished, as I have a hair appointment at one! I actually get to leave the house! Hoping baby doesn't have a meltdown at the salon. I might also try and schedule a chiropractic appointment for this evening.

Other than that I have to deal with hospital bills...joy. 
  • Yay sun! Yay bonuses!!

It's sunny here too so I'm meeting some friends and possibly FH at the park. I'm also doing some wedding planning and trying to get the motivation to do homework. I'm over a week behind. Damn spring fever and senioritis hitting me hard.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We've got a beautiful day too and it's going to hit +20C for the first time this year, I think. 

Work is...not so awesome.

And because my wedding is in about a month everyone keeps asking me about it, which is driving me crazy. I was never that into talking about it but now I seriously want to cut everyone who asks me if I'm "ready". 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:

We've got a beautiful day too and it's going to hit +20C for the first time this year, I think. 

And because my wedding is in about a month everyone keeps asking me about it, which is driving me crazy. I was never that into talking about it but now I seriously want to cut everyone who asks me if I'm "ready". 

You just wait.... It only gets worse the closer you get to it. 
  • amelisha said:

We've got a beautiful day too and it's going to hit +20C for the first time this year, I think. 

YES.  People keep asking me if I'm going crazy yet or if the stress is getting to me.  No?  .... should it be?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• amelisha said:

I pretty much dread going anywhere or talking to anyone already, I am not pleased to read that.

I went to a big meeting last week and actually told the fifth coworker who asked that day, "Well, honestly, I don't really care that much about it and I'm going to be glad that it's over with."

Which is...not NOT true but I think I could have probably phrased it more delicately. Or at least included that I'm glad I'll be married to FI but that I'm just not big into the whole wedding circus.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not a fan of Mondays, especially if it involves grocery shopping (that I didn't get to over the weekend), working in the yard, and running errands until 9pm. That was my yesterday.

Hopefully this evening will be more relaxing. I'm planning on making crabcakes and grilled veggies for dinner. Then I'm hoping H and I can catch up on some recorded shows. I feel like ever since we bought our house, all we do is work in the yard and clean. Home ownership is great, but it can also be a pain in the butt.

YUM! 

And I feel ya on the yard work. It is not fun, but I have to say I love seeing all that work pay off later. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

I'm stuck in test administrator limbo while the state tries to fix the technology. I might die of boredom.

Yuck! You just have to sit around waiting? I hate sitting around with nothing to do. I'd rather be slammed. 
    Yes. I'm hoping they just call it soon.
    tcnoble said:

The ridiculous Common Core State Testing we are doing isn't working. The server can't accommodate all the students logging in. So testing is suspended right now. Which makes for HELL for us teachers until it's fixed. We are in limbo with continuing our units, and staying stuck on test prep.

Like did the vendor really not consider that the server would need to accommodate this many people? And plan accordingly? OF COURSE NOT. 
    What state are you in? We are having the same problem!
    I'm in Nevada.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:

YES.  People keep asking me if I'm going crazy yet or if the stress is getting to me.  No?  .... should it be?

People keep asking me if I'm nervous..... NO......If I was nervous, I probably shouldn't be getting married. When I answer no everyone looks at me like, you're not doing it right then.
  • amelisha said:

I hate that question. Two people have actually asked me if I'm fighting with my mom. I'm like wtf kind of question is that?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:

amelisha said:

I pretty much dread going anywhere or talking to anyone already, I am not pleased to read that.

I went to a big meeting last week and actually told the fifth coworker who asked that day, "Well, honestly, I don't really care that much about it and I'm going to be glad that it's over with."

Which is...not NOT true but I think I could have probably phrased it more delicately. Or at least included that I'm glad I'll be married to FI but that I'm just not big into the whole wedding circus.

I love planning and I am not at all stressed because there is so much that I genuinely do not give a shit about. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:

But you haven't told me or @lolo883 what we're supposed to wear yet!!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• amelisha said:

People keep asking me if I'm nervous..... NO......If I was nervous, I probably shouldn't be getting married. When I answer no everyone looks at me like, you're not doing it right then.
    I keep answering that I'm not nervous about getting married, but I'm nervous about all the moving pieces of the day. Which is true, having that many things happening at once makes me worry about what will go wrong and what I'm forgetting. 

But I don't understand about being nervous to get married. If being married to FI mad me nervous, why would I have planned this wedding? I just don't understand this point of view.
  • anjemon said:

amelisha said:

I keep answering that I'm not nervous about getting married, but I'm nervous about all the moving pieces of the day. Which is true, having that many things happening at once makes me worry about what will go wrong and what I'm forgetting. 

But I don't understand about being nervous to get married. If being married to FI mad me nervous, why would I have planned this wedding? I just don't understand this point of view.
    I am PETRIFIED of the actual wedding part (having to stand up in front of people and not eff it up...) but I'm not afraid of being married. I just wish I could skip the wedding part.

But we put a lot of thought into how much we didn't want to have a "wedding" vs how sad our parents would be if we did nothing, so we landed on a tiny, informal Vegas thing that I can make it through for the sake of our families. But I am definitely dreading it, not looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to the day afterwards though! And the rest of our lives! Just not the wedding part.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards