Chit Chat

Spinoff: how clean is your house? (normally)

Re: Spinoff: how clean is your house? (normally)

• amelisha said:

amelisha said:

amelisha said:

amelisha said:

SNIP

Yeahhhhh, I've definitely been barfed on and have seen some gross shit. It didn't cause me to have an unhealthy obsession with germs and "generallt avoid touching things". If I felt that way, I would see shrink STAT.
    You do you and I'll do me. I know a lot of people who are like me and not into touching doorknobs and elevator buttons if it's avoidable...doesn't mean we're mentally ill. Just fussy. I'm not going to miss my stop and not pull the cord or stand around outside until someone opens a door or anything, it's not interfering with my life, it's just that all other things being equal I prefer to not touch public stair railings or sit on public benches. But thanks for the recommendation, Doc.
    That was a bit much don't you think?
    She's the one that told me to see a shrink, which is pretty offside, especially considering how people here freak out when other people make amateur diagnoses of others.

Sorry if that's too far, but I think the "shrink" stuff is extremely uncool.
    Please, show me where I suggested that you see a shrink?

I was unaware that sharing something I would do was akin to telling you to do so. Oh, right. It isn't.
  • So since we are talking about germs, how many of you ladies hover or sit on a public toilet seat when you pee?

I sit unless there is visible stuff of some sort.

Same here. THE HORROR.

And if there was visible liquid (poo is a different matter) would you take some toilet paper and wipe it off then sit or would you hover?

I'd wipe it off, and sit if there were no other stalls.  If there was another stall sans poo, I would go in there.

FTR I've tried this hovering thing.  You talk about hard.  Especially when you have to pee really bad or if you have had to hold it for a while. My legs get all crampy and that is just not fun for me.

• So since we are talking about germs, how many of you ladies hover or sit on a public toilet seat when you pee?

Same here. THE HORROR.

And if there was visible liquid (poo is a different matter) would you take some toilet paper and wipe it off then sit or would you hover?

Yep, probably. Unless it was like, a lot. A drop or two? Sure. 

Same here. THE HORROR.

If it's a few drops I wipe it with toilet paper and sit down. If it's drenched I find another stall or hover.

Hover...

Same here. THE HORROR.

I wipe it off and sit ALL THE TIME. I am one solitary, lone woman against all the disgusting spray-queens of NYC bars and restaurants.

I can never quite fathom the balls on some chicks who just casually stroll out of a stall and leave their piss all over it for me. That is just so wrong.
    you are not alone.  I'm right there with you.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Hover...
    But do you wipe up your own mess?
    *********************************************************************************

Hover...
    Just wondering, but do you hover in other people's homes?

Same here. THE HORROR.

I will wipe up my own splatter, but I'm not cleaning up after anyone else... much less sitting on it afterward.

Yes, I now urine in and of itself is sterile, but I don't know you (the general you)... I equate this to sharing underwear, which I would not do with anyone.

• If it doesn't look clean to me, I wipe it down first with the wipes in my purse.

Yep.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wonder how the germaphobes here feel about the fact that all drinking water on earth was at some point peed out of a dinosaur.

I suppose rain comes from a dinosaur too?

• littlepep said:

Also I can't even tell you how many times I have seen pubes on toilet seats. Like, 90% of the time you have to turn around to flush, so why are you not seeing this? And even if it's an automatic toilet, don't people generally, like...look to make sure it all went down? Or am I alone in giving a shit about not leaving a shit for someone else to find?

I always look after I use the bathroom. Even in my own house. Maybe that's weird.

Not weird. I do the same.
  • littlepep said:

Also I can't even tell you how many times I have seen pubes on toilet seats. Like, 90% of the time you have to turn around to flush, so why are you not seeing this? And even if it's an automatic toilet, don't people generally, like...look to make sure it all went down? Or am I alone in giving a shit about not leaving a shit for someone else to find?

I always look after I use the bathroom. Even in my own house. Maybe that's weird.
    ALWAYS.
  • I never understood why people don't flush the toilet either?    If I see a toilet needs flushing I just... you know flush it.     So many women just pick another stall.  99% of the time the toilet is not stopped up, either the person didn't flush at all or didn't push hard enough for it to flush. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Hover...
    Shocker!

I hope you wipe it up when you inevitably piss everywhere. The booties would be good for that.

I laughed way too loud at this.
    My laugh came out of my nose and made a sound I'm not proud of.

• If people are hover-ers and do not plan to clean up after themselves, they should lift the seat and then put it back down when they're done. 

Also, for all y'all who sit without a barrier (TP or whatever), do you also do this in port-a-potties - like at an amusement park or festival? 
    *********************************************************************************

Same here. THE HORROR.

I'd wipe it off, and sit if there were no other stalls.  If there was another stall sans poo, I would go in there.

FTR I've tried this hovering thing.  You talk about hard.  Especially when you have to pee really bad or if you have had to hold it for a while. My legs get all crampy and that is just not fun for me.

@plainjane0415 Try hiking Machu Piccu....your legs are on absolute fire from hiking uphill for 8 hours and then you have to squat over a hole in the ground. That shit was tough! I still joke about my bestie peeing on her pants because she didn't squat deep enough.

Same here. THE HORROR.

I will wipe up my own splatter, but I'm not cleaning up after anyone else... much less sitting on it afterward.

Yes, I now urine in and of itself is sterile, but I don't know you (the general you)... I equate this to sharing underwear, which I would not do with anyone.

WHAT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards