Wedding Woes
Options

what in the actual.

Friends of mine lost their home to a house fire. It was terrible. Another friend set up a "go fund me"-type page for friends and family to donate and help the couple. Many friends, including me, helped with money, meals, laundry and their dog while they were getting back on their feet.

Last week, they sent thank-you notes. My roommate received one addressed to her and I did not. The notes were not individualized; it was a printed one-size-fits-all message. My roommate realized I did not receive a thank you, so she sent a private message to the couple just letting them know I had been left out. I did not know she had done this until later.

The next day, I got a text message apologizing and saying that I had been left out because their friend who addressed the notes must have missed me! (Miss Manners, they didn't even address the notes themselves!) It was accompanied by a picture of the thank-you note, which was texted to me with the message, "Here's a thank you just for you. XOXO"

I am miffed. I helped them in their time of need and didn't get a second thought. I have not responded to her text message. Is it fair of me to consider this friendship over? Should I tell her that I am upset, or should I accept that this boorish thank-you was better than nothing?

Re: what in the actual.

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
  • Options
    A very similar situation happened on my mom board, but the chick was wayyyyy worse about it all.  After the fire and a couple other transgressions, she was flamed to hell and back and essentially run off the board. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

The postcard does have a little ick factor, but I sort of think of it like a ty note for funeral flowers.  It's nice, but I wouldn't think twice if I never got a thank you.

The follow up PICTURE of thank you note is awful though.

• Options

6fsn said:

The postcard does have a little ick factor, but I sort of think of it like a ty note for funeral flowers.  It's nice, but I wouldn't think twice if I never got a thank you.

The follow up PICTURE of thank you note is awful though.

Yea - tack factor, but eh, not worth losing a friendship over... 
  • Options
    In situations like this I don't ever expect a thank you, and if I get one I am pleasantly surprised.  A friend of mine just lost everything in a fire, and so many people did stuff for her, I know how grateful she is.  BUT, during such a stressful time there is no way she could even try and keep up with who did what.  She did send me a wonderful thank you by the way.  They probably sent the text because her roommate told the people that she wouldn't stop talking about it.
  • Options
    Yes, I would give them a pass, for sure. It's nice, but I would assume they aren't thinking clearly and overwhemed with everything going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards