Chit Chat
Options

TK foodies: Have you heard of cooking salmon in the dishwasher?

2»

Re: TK foodies: Have you heard of cooking salmon in the dishwasher?

• Options
    I can't get past WHY.
  • Options
    I absolutely detest pizza that has been heated up in the microwave.  So freaking rubbery!  Anything that is meant to have a crunch/crisp to it gets heated up in the oven or in our little pizza cooker thingy.

• Options
    Heffalump said:

Our dryer has a steam function.  Maybe I'll make salmon in the dishwasher, and rice in the dryer.  Maybe I'll find a way to make dessert in the washing machine while I'm at it.

• Options

I absolutely detest pizza that has been heated up in the microwave.  So freaking rubbery!  Anything that is meant to have a crunch/crisp to it gets heated up in the oven or in our little pizza cooker thingy.

Just say no to pizza in the microwave!  It's so soggy and gross then.  I actually like to re-heat mine stove top in a pan, it gets nice and crispy, yumm. 

• Options

I have definitely seen this before (on the internet) but agree with everyone else that it's gross and pointless.

@novella1186 My dad was a plant manager in plastics for 25 years. A few years ago when everyone started freaking out about "Don't leave water bottles in your car then drink it! The plastic releases toxins!" he was very quick to dispell that myth. He says yes it happens with certain plastics but NOT the type used in water bottles and tupperware. I doubt plastic wrap is the type as well but I don't know, I do the paper towel or tupperware lid in the microwave.

• Options
    I haven't heard of this, but I have heard of people cooking turkeys and roasts in the engine of their car

• Options
    I prefer to use the coffee maker.
    http://consumerist.com/2013/11/18/coffee-maker-meals-mean-youll-never-go-hungry-in-a-hotel-room-again/

Bleh, kidding. But at least I could see that having more usefulness/necessity. Why would anyone want their clean dishes to smell like fish? And who has a dishwasher but not a stove?

• Options
    I have heard of this for poached salmon, but you don't run dirty dishes or soap through. I still don't get why. Seems like you'd be wasting water, and poaching using the oven is not that hard.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

I prefer to use the coffee maker.
    http://consumerist.com/2013/11/18/coffee-maker-meals-mean-youll-never-go-hungry-in-a-hotel-room-again/

Bleh, kidding. But at least I could see that having more usefulness/necessity. Why would anyone want their clean dishes to smell like fish? And who has a dishwasher but not a stove?

This is my thing. Also, my diswasher takes forever to run. I could be done cooking, eating and cleaning the kitchen by the time it was done. If, you know, I used my stove. To cook with. As it was intended.
  • Options

I haven't heard of this, but I have heard of people cooking turkeys and roasts in the engine of their car

Well, that's one I cerntianly never heard of...  Also a bit weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards