Chit Chat
Options

Knotties, assemble!

2»

Re: Knotties, assemble!

• Options
    When did we become so "deserving" of everything! We are struggling to do any kind of registry because A) we are adults and can buy our own can opener and B) I hate to see money wasted on things that aren't needed. We own two houses and have most of the smaller dollar items we need, and if we don't, I'm probably not going to wait for a wedding to replace my lemon squeezer if it breaks. Never once did we look at our VERY small registry and think "Oh, we should just ask for money since we don't need anything".. nope nope nope, if we want to do a honeymoon it's on us! 

I don't think I "deserve" anything from anyone, we finally just registered for things we actually do need, and most of them are higher dollar items, if people want to go in together that would be great! If not, people are generally smart and will probably gift money. If they don't gift anything and show up to celebrate our day with us more power to them! We clearly stated with our registry that we don't need a lot, we just want you there!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have family members who still give me money for my birthday and Christmas and it usually goes towards, y'know, grown-up things like bills or into savings (or put into saving for something big and expensive). This year my one aunt gave me a pre-paid Visa gift card and I swear she did it so I'd be forced to actually buy something fun for myself. I appreciated it, but I don't like buying frivolous things just cause. 
  • Options

In lieu of a gift, my cats are asking for the funds for endless chicken and canned cat food. They've been happily in love for five years and they deserve their favorite foods. Right Meow.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG guys I have the best idea! Tell people to donate to your honyfund or just give you cash atvthe reception then you give them drink and food tickets based on how much they gave you! No more wasting precious reception food and drinks on deadbeat guests!

• Options

OMG guys I have the best idea! Tell people to donate to your honyfund or just give you cash atvthe reception then you give them drink and food tickets based on how much they gave you! No more wasting precious reception food and drinks on deadbeat guests!

Not even tickets.. just send the invoice with the invite.. they RSVP  yes they can cut a check for the meal cost AND bring a gift.. Everyone wins! They eat, I get to be a princess!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    redoryx said:

arrippa said:

This is why I listen to music and not talk radio.

Oh FFS 

Sandra Wilkins

This question hits home. I am planning a wedding for next year. We are both in our mid 30's. We are both single parents of 1 girl each. Our home is all set. We want to take a family honeymoon to Walt Disney world since all of us have never been. I plan to include a note to guests. The letter will state that their presence is a gift yo us but if they wish to bless us with a gift that family friendly gifts would be prefered. Such as memberships to zoos, musuem or parks. I will ask a member from each side to collect donations for honeymoon. I am not a materialistic person and neither is my fiancee. Spending time as a family with our girls means the world to us and that is a gift we will always cherish.
    The bolded sounds materialistic to me.
    Duh, they are asking for experiences, not money to pay for those experiences so it's totes different.
    I'd be willing to bet that these "experiences" don't include things like staying in hostels or using public transportation. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Wow, that Leigh Czerwinski is a crusader for the cause - she must be a Knottie!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards