Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How to theme a groom's cake without giving away suprise themed wedding cake?

For our wedding, we've decided to do a themed wedding cake.  My fiance is super into Lego and so the front of our cake will look like the standard wedding cake but the back is Lego themed.  That's been decided.  I was thinking about doing a groom's cake at the reception dinner though and now I don't know how to theme that.  If I don't do Lego, people will wonder why not.  If I do Lego, then I think it takes away from the main event cake.  Any thoughts?  His other interests are video games but mostly dark ones like bloodbourne and probably not cake appropriate.  Do I maybe just skip the groom's cake?

Re: How to theme a groom's cake without giving away suprise themed wedding cake?

• You could totally skip the grooms cake. But I don't think having a lego cake takes away from the main cake. It's fucking cake. Cake is always center stage.

Or, you could make it look like a PS4

Anniversary
  • I'd just skip the grooms cake. As long as you have plenty of cake for everyone- put that money somewhere else!
  • In this case, given that (half of) the main cake already reflects his interests, I would skip the groom's cake altogether.
  • I would skip the groom's cake in this instance.
  • I'd skip the groom's cake and put this topper on the "main" cake as a teaser: image
  • I don't see how people would be wondering why the groom's cake is not Lego. Aside from the fact that nobody will likely give a single fuck about it, surely they all know him well enough that Lego is not the sole thing they identify him with.
  • I think you are over thinking this big time.

Unless you are inviting every single person who will be at your wedding to the RD I am not sure how having a smaller grooms cake lego themed will take away from your wedding cake?  I mean I am sure the two won't be decorated exactly the same.

Also what artbyallie said.  I am sure that your FI has other interests and if the cake isn't lego themed no one will give a crap that it is something different.  They will look at the cake and go "wow, that is pretty cool" then they will move on.  No one will be entranced by a cake.  All most people care about is if it tastes good because after 5 minutes that sucker will be cut up and unrecognizable.

• I think you are over thinking this big time.

Unless you are inviting every single person who will be at your wedding to the RD I am not sure how having a smaller grooms cake lego themed will take away from your wedding cake?  I mean I am sure the two won't be decorated exactly the same.

Also what artbyallie said.  I am sure that your FI has other interests and if the cake isn't lego themed no one will give a crap that it is something different.  They will look at the cake and go "wow, that is pretty cool" then they will move on.  No one will be entranced by a cake.  All most people care about is if it tastes good because after 5 minutes that sucker will be cut up and unrecognizable.

• I can promise you that people will not think too deeply about the theme of your RD cake and wonder about your wedding cake. And even if they do...so what? I'm not trying to sound like scrooge mcduck, but all people really care about is if your cake tastes good. The themey, pretty factor is for y'all. 

Here's what they'll think of the groom's cake at the RD, "Oh cool cake! Makes sense because he's into Legos. I wonder what flavor it is..." That's about the extent of it.
    *********************************************************************************

• I can promise you that people will not think too deeply about the theme of your RD cake and wonder about your wedding cake. And even if they do...so what? I'm not trying to sound like scrooge mcduck, but all people really care about is if your cake tastes good. The themey, pretty factor is for y'all. 

Here's what they'll think of the groom's cake at the RD, "Oh cool cake! Makes sense because he's into Legos. I wonder what flavor it is..." That's about the extent of it.

<singing> Everything is awesome!!!!!

oooh!  Is that Chocolate?!?!?!?!

• I say skip it.  People can only eat so much cake.  Put the money towards another passed appetizer, the bar, etc.  If you already have that covered, towards your honeymoon or something for your house that you don't receive as a wedding gift but you'd really like to have.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards