Chit Chat
Options

S/O Prom pics

Post your prom pics! If you've got on on hand, that is. If not, tell a prom story (doesn't everyone have one?) or both!

Re: S/O Prom pics

• Options
    Oh god. My prom 17 years ago. I think I have pics somewhere. 
  • Options
    Awwww, damn it! I don't know If I have mine anymore and I am totally bummed. Mine are hilarious. I am super pregnant and my ex-husband (boyfriend at the time) is a troll.

I went to prom all 4 years, but the other ones arent as funny/interesting lol
  • Options
    I'm waiting for mine to upload...
  • Options
    I would have to go to my folks' house to find these. I'm pretty sure I have a curly updo in all of them. 

One year (I think junior prom) I wore a lime green and purple dress that was open back and beaded from head to toe. I also had wayyy too much purple eye shadow. I thought I was the shit. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Oh my god. I never went to prom, but I went to several Homecomings, and the last one (my sophomore year) was incredible. I had just recently shaved my head and it was growing back in, so my hair is about 1" long. My dress was velvet on top and satin on the bottom (hello, 90s) and my boyfriend at the time looks like a fucking lunatic. 

I need to find this picture. I know it's here somewhere!
  • Options
    My mother wasn't happy with the amount of cleavage showing in my prom dress, so she deleted all the pictures and told me "something happened" with the camera. TBH, it was a littleee much for a teenager, but it wasn't scandalous and certainly not delete-my-daughter's-memories worthy.
  • Options

I was just thinking of my prom the other day - how my BFF kinda ruined prom night for me by sobbing all night in my/my bf's hotel room how her bf wanted a blow job. 

This came to mind because I'm regretting offering her to stay with me the night before my wedding and hoping she will GTFO before FI & I get back to the hotel!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    emmaaa said:

A couple of prom stories. 

Junior year DH and I were just friends at the time. He was literally one of my best friends. I had a boyfriend I was going to prom with, but we broke up. Leaving school one day I walked up to DH, and said, "Hey, Jay! Are you going to prom with anyone?" He said no, and I responded, "Well now you are because you're taking me." The rest is history. I also wokeup the morning of prom with two, TWO, cold sores and almost refused to go.

Senior year I had bought my dress in February probably. Prom was in May. Between February and May, my almost non-existent boobs decided to grow AND I was on my period at prom (making my boobs bigger), so I was literally spilling out all over the place. 

Just at these prom-tastic group pictures 

Oh, DH in his white tux! LOL

OH I found one of our junior prom too! DH in a white tux then also.

Wow. Some of those dresses!
  • Options
    Blergbot said:

emmaaa said:

Junior year DH and I were just friends at the time. He was literally one of my best friends. I had a boyfriend I was going to prom with, but we broke up. Leaving school one day I walked up to DH, and said, "Hey, Jay! Are you going to prom with anyone?" He said no, and I responded, "Well now you are because you're taking me." The rest is history. I also wokeup the morning of prom with two, TWO, cold sores and almost refused to go.

Senior year I had bought my dress in February probably. Prom was in May. Between February and May, my almost non-existent boobs decided to grow AND I was on my period at prom (making my boobs bigger), so I was literally spilling out all over the place. 

Oh I know! This was 2008 and 2009 when the brighter the better and the more beaded or poofy, the better too!

Looking back, I wish I was like you and went more timeless. I thought I looked hot though! LOL

• Options

My senior prom dress was ivory. I ALMOST considered wearing it for my first wedding lol

@ashley8918 I'd love to see your pregnant prom picture and the troll? Lol

• Options
    My prom pics burned. :( 

HOWEVER! I do have a pretty fun story. Junior year, all my friends were going to be out of town for a debate event. It was my first year in traditional school, so I'd only ever been to our one homecoming dance, and my best friend got it into his head that I HAD to go to prom, even though everyone I knew was going to be out of town.

So he convinced me to call a mutual friend of ours at break on Friday before the debate team left for the weekend. The guy showed up in a full tailed tux, a bright pink vest, and pink and black high top Chucks. I wore my Homecoming Princess dress. We talked French and how the homeschool drama group was doing and poked fun at the awful decorations my class had chosen. It was a BLAST.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My prom story is pretty sad...I missed my junior prom because I went to Germany my junior year on an exchange program (nerd alert!). So when I got back everyone had moved on with their lives without me. My BFFs were no longer friends with each other, my BF (we did the sensible thing and broke up when I left for Germany) had gotten cool over night and would no longer speak to me...I basically had no friends/life senior year. I did become close with this gay guy, and I asked him to prom. He said yes, but then he backed out to go with ANOTHER GIRL! So I wound up asking this Sophmore I barely knew. He was sweet (and very cute), but we had nothing to talk about. Many girls were jealous, though, because he was very shy and therefore had this mysterious reputation.
  • Options
    emmaaa said:

My senior prom dress was ivory. I ALMOST considered wearing it for my first wedding lol

@ashley8918 I'd love to see your pregnant prom picture and the troll? Lol
    I will definitely do dome searching tonight.

He was like 5 feet tall and just had kind of a troll face lol. And also just a loser. I make poor life choices.
  • Options
    We didn't have "prom". We had Graduation (I'm assuming it's the same thing). I was the only girl in my class that wasn't wearing the same dress as everyone else. My mom had bought me a black corset dress with a tutu (don't judge me, it was 1995) and I wore black gloves and fishnets. Keep in mind that I'm 5'11" and I wore 3" heels. Oh, and I was the "nerdy" girl. I had fun telling most of the guys in my class to go fuck themselves and left with my ex-boyfriend who went to another secondary school, but had come to our graduation with another girl hoping to reconnect with me. 

It was a fun night!
  • Options
    emmaaa said:

Blergbot said:

emmaaa said:

Oh I know! This was 2008 and 2009 when the brighter the better and the more beaded or poofy, the better too!

Looking back, I wish I was like you and went more timeless. I thought I looked hot though! LOL

You looked HAWT in that blue dress, though!
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015

Ok, here we go. Now people, please remember it was 1998! My eyes are closed but this is the best one I could find. 

I went with my boyfriend at the time. He was the sensitive rocker. No really crazy stories. We went to prom, didn't go to an after party and instead drove right down to the shore, where we were going to be staying the next few days. It was Memorial Day weekend. We got down to the beach and then hung out and drank until we could check into our hotel. 

PLEASE tell me his vest is snakeskin-print. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one tempted to see if I can still fit in my dresses? Junior prom, definitely not. But senior prom maybeeee.

• Options
    I'll find pictures when I get home. I went to prom my freshman year with my junior boyfriend and we had fun kind of, but I thought it was lame. 

My senior year, I had absolutely no interest in going but my boyfriend at the time hadn't gone to his proms, so he wanted to go. Prom was like a week before his 21st birthday so luckily he was able to go (they had age restrictions on dates). We left early because it was lame again. 

I was one of the party "too cool for anything school-related" kids in HS. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Love this thread... going to have to try to dig mine up tonight!

@FiancB How could I have forgotten about the hair back in twists!  Especially with those clips that looked like butterflies to hold them back (I think that was more in middle school for me)
  • Options
    emmaaa said:

Am I the only one tempted to see if I can still fit in my dresses? Junior prom, definitely not. But senior prom maybeeee.

I could still fit in my prom dress for a couple of years after college. Now there's no way.
  • Options
    emmaaa said:

I would love to, but I know I can't! All my dresses were size 4. 

I think my mom donated mine to this program where high school kids can get free dresses if they can't afford one. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards