Chit Chat
Options

S/O Prom pics

Re: S/O Prom pics

• Options
    Blergbot said:

In 10th grade you could only go to prom if you were invited by an upperclassman. So I had a prom party at my house instead. It was way more fun than actual prom. I'm in the red dress. The guy who looks like he is 12 was my boyfriend (who later became too cool to talk to me).

At our school, you could only go to prom if you were invited by a guy.  I went to an all girl's high school.  I thought that was so messed up.  I couldn't bring my BFF either (because, lessssbiannnnssss!!!11!!!!).  It honestly still angers me.  

• Options
    I know I don't really know what yall look like now, but everyone looks like such babies in their pictures! I'm sitting here thinking, you aren't old enough for prom!!! Guess that makes me old. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We had after-prom parties too. One was at this massive rec center with rock climbing and sumo wrestling (you know, with the giant padded suits).

It kept people out of trouble-- those that chose to go. It was pretty fun but I'm an early bird who likes to sleep. Lots of us were just passed out in the lobby, actually. 

Our proms are also like weddings in that they include dinner. I remember having a lot of fun at both junior and senior prom, although my boyfriend and I got into some fight that I don't even remember now, at the after party. 

Jessica McClintock ball gowns were ALL the rage, as were the two-piece dresses (crop top with ball skirt).
    Man... fun times. 
    I remember going to the Jessica McClintock store at Woodfield Mall thinking it was the coolest place ever! I don't know if its even open still.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:

Blergbot said:

In 10th grade you could only go to prom if you were invited by an upperclassman. So I had a prom party at my house instead. It was way more fun than actual prom. I'm in the red dress. The guy who looks like he is 12 was my boyfriend (who later became too cool to talk to me).

At our school, you could only go to prom if you were invited by a guy.  I went to an all girl's high school.  I thought that was so messed up.  I couldn't bring my BFF either (because, lessssbiannnnssss!!!11!!!!).  It honestly still angers me.  

Aw man. That is horrible!
  • Options
    hicoco said:

We had after-prom parties too. One was at this massive rec center with rock climbing and sumo wrestling (you know, with the giant padded suits).

It kept people out of trouble-- those that chose to go. It was pretty fun but I'm an early bird who likes to sleep. Lots of us were just passed out in the lobby, actually. 

Our proms are also like weddings in that they include dinner. I remember having a lot of fun at both junior and senior prom, although my boyfriend and I got into some fight that I don't even remember now, at the after party. 

Jessica McClintock ball gowns were ALL the rage, as were the two-piece dresses (crop top with ball skirt).
    Man... fun times. 
    I remember going to the Jessica McClintock store at Woodfield Mall thinking it was the coolest place ever! I don't know if its even open still.
    That's where I got my dress!
  • Options
    littlepep said:

I know I don't really know what yall look like now, but everyone looks like such babies in their pictures! I'm sitting here thinking, you aren't old enough for prom!!! Guess that makes me old. 

I apparently still look exactly the same. Seeing as I was 17 then, and at 28 I still get id'd in a province where the drinking age is 18.

So yea, I'm still not old enough for prom...;)
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I wore this exact dress my junior prom in 2004! Except I think it was in a lavender color. No photos for me, they are all at my mom and dad's house. Everything was pre-facebook and has never been scanned so oh well.

My high school had prom as a dance event only usually at a hotel ballroom, so we'd go out as groups for a fancy dinner first and then go to the dance part later. Only upperclassmen were allowed to attend unless an upperclassman invited you/purchased a ticket for you. So I went my sophomore and junior year. Spring of senior year I was so disaffected with everything (cue the worst case of senioritis ever) that I didn't go. I did go to homecoming all four years. I liked my homecoming dresses sooo much more than my prom dresses. I definitely made better fashion choices in those cases.

I'm pretty sure my high school never offered a formal after prom type of event. We always just went to a friends house (with friendly parents who left us alone in the basement) afterwards to make out with our SO's and watch movies and eat popcorn all night.

• Options

I never went to prom. None of my friends did. I remember what we were doing instead of prom (things that made our parents wish we went to prom instead). DH never went to any of his proms but was a date to a friend's when he was in college. I saw a picture once and it was not so good.

Because we're sharing ginger pictures, the first is my sister and me. The second is my niece who, ironically, everyone says looks more like me than my sister.

Omg awwwwwww!
  • Options
    Blergbot said:

My prom story is pretty sad...I missed my junior prom because I went to Germany my junior year on an exchange program (nerd alert!). So when I got back everyone had moved on with their lives without me. My BFFs were no longer friends with each other, my BF (we did the sensible thing and broke up when I left for Germany) had gotten cool over night and would no longer speak to me...I basically had no friends/life senior year. I did become close with this gay guy, and I asked him to prom. He said yes, but then he backed out to go with ANOTHER GIRL! So I wound up asking this Sophmore I barely knew. He was sweet (and very cute), but we had nothing to talk about. Many girls were jealous, though, because he was very shy and therefore had this mysterious reputation.

Blergbot

I too am a nerd who studied about junior year of high school (in Spain). I broke up with my BF before I left as well, though he didn't seem to get it (he sent me a new mix CD every week for the first two months...). I feel your pain on the HS friends all sucking upon return. I couldn't wait to get out of HS by the end of senior year!

I went to my senior prom with a guy friend from a different town (small, rural school districts). We agreed we'd each take each other, so that we both had a date. My prom was two weeks before his. The week in between, he told me that he would rather go stag to his than bring me - his reason? He said it was because he how much hard I tried to make sure he had fun at my prom, and he didn't want to have to do that at his. Yeah. That went over gangbusters.
  • Options
    Omg! I've loved this thread! I wish I had a prom picture to share but I skipped junior prom to go to a Slipknot concert. It was fun but I cracked a couple of ribs in the mosh pit. I graduated early so there was no senior prom. Maybe I can find a pic from the concert. You would get a kick out of my crazy hair, piercings, and insane clothes. 
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015

Some of you are only babies, it makes me feel old. Prom in 2008? I was working for the same company I'm working for now in 2008.

Here is my junior prom picture. This is my HS boyfriend who I dated for 7 years, unfortunately. 

I went to 4 proms, and some had dinner some didn't. Junior proms we didn't go out to eat first. Senior proms we did.
    Haha I got divorced in 2008. 
  • Options

Some of you are only babies, it makes me feel old. Prom in 2008? I was working for the same company I'm working for now in 2008.

Here is my junior prom picture. This is my HS boyfriend who I dated for 7 years, unfortunately. 

I went to 4 proms, and some had dinner some didn't. Junior proms we didn't go out to eat first. Senior proms we did.
    Yes!  I can't help but feeling old with some of these prom years!  Some of you guys have "normal" pictures that could've been taken yesterday.....there's no dating or aging of the photos yet.  

I don't have any photos (didn't go to prom!), but our class years were identifiable by teased, permed, BIG hair.
  • Options
    TWERK JAIL.
  • Options
    allispain said:

Blergbot said:

My prom story is pretty sad...I missed my junior prom because I went to Germany my junior year on an exchange program (nerd alert!). So when I got back everyone had moved on with their lives without me. My BFFs were no longer friends with each other, my BF (we did the sensible thing and broke up when I left for Germany) had gotten cool over night and would no longer speak to me...I basically had no friends/life senior year. I did become close with this gay guy, and I asked him to prom. He said yes, but then he backed out to go with ANOTHER GIRL! So I wound up asking this Sophmore I barely knew. He was sweet (and very cute), but we had nothing to talk about. Many girls were jealous, though, because he was very shy and therefore had this mysterious reputation.

Blergbot

I too am a nerd who studied about junior year of high school (in Spain). I broke up with my BF before I left as well, though he didn't seem to get it (he sent me a new mix CD every week for the first two months...). I feel your pain on the HS friends all sucking upon return. I couldn't wait to get out of HS by the end of senior year!

I went to my senior prom with a guy friend from a different town (small, rural school districts). We agreed we'd each take each other, so that we both had a date. My prom was two weeks before his. The week in between, he told me that he would rather go stag to his than bring me - his reason? He said it was because he how much hard I tried to make sure he had fun at my prom, and he didn't want to have to do that at his. Yeah. That went over gangbusters.

The paralells are uncanny! That sucks and that guy sounds like a total douche.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards