Not Engaged Yet
Options

Guess what day IT IIIIIIIS...

13»

Re: Guess what day IT IIIIIIIS...

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @jenjen047 To be honest, I'm surprised the snow has completely melted already. I was expecting it to stay till at least June.

I kept sending my sister (who lives in California) photos of all the snow "tunnels" I had to walk through just walking along some of the sidewalks.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    AlPacina said:

cu97tiger said:

@jenjen047 - Time to update your music on your iPod... or start listening to books or something! Is it a boredom thing or does your body start shutting down? Around an hour is when you have to start ingesting calories.

@cu97tiger - Can you explain this a little more?

I get bored running if it's over an hour as well. But I don't listen to music. Having stuff in my ears is extra annoying because they get really sweaty, and it also seems to throw off my breathing.

Depending on what you eat before a run, your body can get through an hour'ish of working out before it starts to run out of energy. This obviously varies for different people, but I've found that for any run more than an hour, I need to ingest calories. Through my marathon training, I found that about 130 calories per hour was a good goal for me. Some people take lower, some higher. It can all be from chews, gels, or caloric sports drinks, it's really up to you and your body. I start about 20 minutes in, and take my last one about 25-30 mins before I'm going to finish.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards