So, I may have mentioned we are getting married in Europe in early August. FILs are throwing a party over July 4 weekend, partly centered around the Jewish tradition of the groom being called to the Torah (aka the Aliya - usually this happens the day before the wedding, in our case we are having this four weeks before the wedding, because this way this can happen in FI's hometown), and partly to just have a party/ "meet the bride and groom" thing for FI's extended family who will not be traveling to the wedding. So, I guess, in TK terms, something of a pre-wedding AHR.
The itinerary for that weekend is like this:
- Saturday morning - religious service in FIL's temple, with a buffet breakfast hosted for the congregation thereafter [this may be attended by whoever attends the service that morning]
- Saturday night - BBQ party at FIL's house, not super formal but probably upscale for an at-home party. [No worries, everyone invited to this is invited to the wedding... but a lot of these people already said they will not make it to the wedding, so thats part of why ILs wanted to throw this in the first place]
- Sunday daytime - FMIL's BFFs are throwing me a shower - very very nice of them but I do feel a bit awkward since I only met them once or twice. But I am told its a thing they do for each other's daughters /future-daughters-in-law.
- Just to clarify - I'm just a guest in all of this and in no way involved in planning or hosting.
Sooo it looks like I need 3 outfits? Hopefully some of which I could re-wear for the RD a few weeks later? And generally in life post-wedding because cute dresses?
....Bloomingdales has a sale right now and I got a gift card for my birthday... so...This is what I'm thinking: (the one with the belt for the temple, then the flowery one for the party and the shorter white one for the shower...or maybe just stick with the belt one for both temple and party and skip the flowery one)
I guess my question is - are the non-patterned white dresses too bride-y/ AWish though? Should I rather do non-white? I don't want this to look like a pseudo wedding... on the other hand people do wear white to their own shower right? I've actually never been to a shower (even as a guest...ha) so I'm not really sure.
- The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight.