Chit Chat

... and now for something completely different!

Re: ... and now for something completely different!

• kmbay84kmbay84 member
    100 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    1. Do you like wine? If yes, then what is your favorite?
    Yes, pretty much any kind of white wine.

2. Name something you love about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.
    He is incredibly, loving, thoughtful, encouraging, and kind.

3. Name something that bugs you about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.
    Hmm...he can be stubborn sometimes.

4. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
    Can't think of anything! 

5. What did you do for Memorial Day weekend?
    Visited my brother's family, went to a music in the park with my FI

6. When is your wedding?
    July 11th, 2015 (!)
  • KatieinBklnKatieinBkln (NO SLEEP TIL) Brooklyn! member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary
    jenna8984 said:
    @katieinbkln Did you eat the entire century egg? That is the only item that I've seen Andrew Zimmern barf up.
    I uh...I ate 2.
    Wow, here I was thinking goat's blood was freakishly strange. But I had to google century eggs and now I don't think I have any appetite left for the rest of the day. So thank you, for helping me fit into my wedding dress!
    Yeah, I totally want to eat something smelling of sulphur and ammonia. Or not. 

Actually, if I could amend my post, I also ate durian fruit. Another bizarre food that Andrew Zimmern is not a fan of. Smells like gasoline. I had it in a bubble tea. The waiter took our order and said, "....You're sure?" 
    Wikipedia: "Through the process, the yolk becomes a dark green to grey color, with a creamy consistency and an odor of sulphur and ammonia, while the white becomes a dark brown, translucent jelly with salty or little flavor."

Yum, yum, yum! Lunchtime!
    Mine didn't smell! I mean, they smelled like eggs? They definitely looked weird AF, but they tasted like the world's creamiest, most delicious hard-boiled eggs. The white was kind of gelatinous, but not in a gross way. Like Jello, sort of.

I realize I am probably not selling it...

MOAR FOR ME!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
    thisismynickname2redheadbride15novella1186
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2015
    I'm bored with TOS discussions and I'm in desperate need of diversion to keep my nerves under control because my wedding is 4 days away. So, this is for any old-school folks who are still around, or for newbies please feel free to introduce yourselves!

Oh yes.  My wine choice depends on a number of factors, like weather, what I'm eating, etc.  But If I'm just going to sit down and have a glass, it's a toss up between an Oregon Pinot Noir or a Montepulciano. 

He makes me laugh, a lot. 

3. Name something that bugs you about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.
    He makes me laugh even when I want to be pouty and annoyed.

Ummm, nothing super weird I don't think.  Pig tongue I guess?

A whole lotta nothin' and it was fantastic.  My birthday was Sunday so I spent the day lounging around the house, and FI cooked dinner, chicken piccata. 

6. When is your wedding?
    September 12, 2015

Married 9.12.15
  • jenna8984jenna8984 clam bakes & patriots member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    @julieanne912 Happy birthday!! chicken piccata is my fave!

julieanne912
  • stefuhkneestefuhknee Spread Love it's the Brooklyn Way member

Yes, I like Prosecco, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir & Sangria

He can be incredibly thoughtful and he makes me laugh like no one else. 

He is such a picky eater! I have to trick him into trying new things like he's a child.

Um, nothing as comparable as the goat blood or the century egg, I've had an ostrich burger.

I did some furniture browsing as I need new bedroom furniture and had a bbq on our stoop.

6. When is your wedding?- Not engaged yet but we do plan to get engaged before the end of this year.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1. Do you like wine? If yes, then what is your favorite?
    Yeah, especially dry red wine. But I'll drink pretty much any wine.

He's very calm and patient, which I am not.

He hoards T-shirts. Nothing else, just T-shirts. His closet is bursting.

I'm a pretty boring eater, honestly.

Went to a barbecue festival, addressed wedding invitations, slept.

6. When is your wedding?
    August 22, 2015.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing Alaska member
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Eh, not overly.  I like pink moscato pretty well.  Other than that, sweet stuff.  I know, I'm a bad wine drinker.  I'm not much of a drinker to begin with, we only drink socially a couple times a month, so I don't like anything strong or bitter or anything.  I like margaritas pretty well.  I'd take that over wine any day.

He is funny and romantic and always kisses me goodbye.

He can barely be on time for anything and will not get out of bed in a timely fashion.  Right now, it is an absolutely gorgeous day outside, he doesn't have to work until later, and I have been unsuccessful in my multiple attempts to drag him out of bed to go do something outside.

Probably guinea pig when I was in Ecuador. 

Went for a hike yesterday. Other than that, not too much.  Because of my schedule, today is part of my weekend, so (see above) I'm trying to drag H out of bed to go hiking or something before he has to go to work.

6. When is your wedding?
    December 2012.
    I'm not the biggest wine fan but when I do drink wine it's Pino Grigio or sometimes a glass of rosè.

He's sweet and compassionate, he's funny, and he's incredibly intelligent.

He takes a loooong time to do things. He's a perfectionist and second guesses himself. I am extremely impatient, so.

I've eaten a lot of weird things, but the weirdest thing that comes to my mind right now is when j tried alligator. I'm on the north East Coast, so it's a very unusual thing to eat there.

I'm in Florida with FH and my family. We hung around the resort and I went to a nature preserve.

6. When is your wedding?
    January 23rd, 2016

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• stefuhkneestefuhknee Spread Love it's the Brooklyn Way member
    Eh, not overly.  I like pink moscato pretty well.  Other than that, sweet stuff.  I know, I'm a bad wine drinker.  I'm not much of a drinker to begin with, we only drink socially a couple times a month, so I don't like anything strong or bitter or anything.  I like margaritas pretty well.  I'd take that over wine any day.

He can barely be on time for anything and will not get out of bed in a timely fashion.  Right now, it is an absolutely gorgeous day outside, he doesn't have to work until later, and I have been unsuccessful in my multiple attempts to drag him out of bed to go do something outside.

Went for a hike yesterday. Other than that, not too much.  Because of my schedule, today is part of my weekend, so (see above) I'm trying to drag H out of bed to go hiking or something before he has to go to work.

6. When is your wedding?
    December 2012.

AKA CUY- I'm half Ecuadorean and I'm not brave enough to try it. Was it good?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FiancBFiancB MinnesOOOta member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm bored with TOS discussions

But... they're so mysterious!

redheadbride15esstee33
  • jenna8984jenna8984 clam bakes & patriots member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer

6. When is your wedding?
    December 2012.

I had it in Peru. Was not bad really, there was bbq sauce on it so it just tasted like whatever dark meat like turkey or something.

stefuhknee
  • kaitlynmichellekaitlynmichelle British Columbia member
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Edit:  I'm stuck in a box.

Yes!  I like red wines, merlots and malbecs.  I like to try new wines a lot.  My favourite (cheap) wine is Painted Turtle, I believe it is a BC wine.

He has a great sense of humour and always keeps me laughing.

He can get grumpy about our place being a mess, but frequently doesn't help out as much as he could.

Hmm.  I've never been a super adventurous eater so...escargot?

Didn't celebrate as I'm Canadian.  Worked all weekend, enjoying my days off currently, before I work the next 8 days helping run a big community event.

6. When is your wedding?
    September 23rd, 2014.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2015
    I'm bored with TOS discussions and I'm in desperate need of diversion to keep my nerves under control because my wedding is 4 days away. So, this is for any old-school folks who are still around, or for newbies please feel free to introduce yourselves!

I do, but I like vodka way more, so I'm much more likely to have a cocktail. I'll drink any dry wine, red or white. But as dry as possible. 

He makes me laugh, even if I'm in a bad mood. 

He is the greatest procrastinator. Like, he'll say he's gonna fix something and literally 2 years later it's not fixed. (Damn wobbly chair). 

Oh man I've eaten so much weird stuff... livers, hearts, congealed blood, dog, conch, pretty much any sea creature you can think of, dried flowers, alligator... 

Took a nap, did some day drinking, sat outside with H, was generally super lazy and loved it 

6. When is your wedding?
    May 2, 2015, so yep, I'm an OMH now :)

ETA: I feel like I should specify that I ate the dog meat in South Korea and had no idea what it was till the guide told me later. I felt awful. I'm not a proponent of that at all. I have 2 dogs and they're like my kids. But I have to count that as one of the most bizarre things I've ever eaten because it is. 
  • jenna8984 said:

6. When is your wedding?
    December 2012.

I had it in Peru. Was not bad really, there was bbq sauce on it so it just tasted like whatever dark meat like turkey or something.
    I saw a thing on Food Network about how that's becoming a trendy new food in the US. I'm kind of dying to try it. 
    Reisling.

After 39 years, he still loves me, and he tells me so.

He fusses about details on everything!

Some of the pills on my chemo treatment.  Yuck.

Ain't sayin'.  After 39 years, we still love each other - a lot!

6. When is your wedding?
    I'm an old married hag.  My daughter is happily married, so I will never get to plan another wedding.

Daughter with my two year old grandson!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    vikinganna87
  • VulgarGirlVulgarGirl Desert Oasis member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    @CMGragin don't you have a son who isn't married? I mean, in theory, you could get to help him plan his wedding couldn't you?
    esstee33
  • I'm bored with TOS discussions and I'm in desperate need of diversion to keep my nerves under control because my wedding is 4 days away. So, this is for any old-school folks who are still around, or for newbies please feel free to introduce yourselves!

I do, but I like vodka way more, so I'm much more likely to have a cocktail. I'll drink any dry wine, red or white. But as dry as possible. 

He makes me laugh, even if I'm in a bad mood. 

He is the greatest procrastinator. Like, he'll say he's gonna fix something and literally 2 years later it's not fixed. (Damn wobbly chair). 

Oh man I've eaten so much weird stuff... livers, hearts, congealed blood, dog, conch, pretty much any sea creature you can think of, dried flowers, alligator... 

Took a nap, did some day drinking, sat outside with H, was generally super lazy and loved it 

6. When is your wedding?
    May 2, 2015, so yep, I'm an OMH now :)

ETA: I feel like I should specify that I ate the dog meat in South Korea and had no idea what it was till the guide told me later. I felt awful. I'm not a proponent of that at all. I have 2 dogs and they're like my kids. But I have to count that as one of the most bizarre things I've ever eaten because it is. 
    This is an impressive list. It may even beat the century egg. Maybe...
  • @CMGragain Your grandson is adorable.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CMGragainvikinganna87
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    edited May 2015
    MagicInk said:
    @CMGragin don't you have a son who isn't married? I mean, in theory, you could get to help him plan his wedding couldn't you?
    I doubt he would let me.  He is not religious (I respect his choice.) and is likely to elope.      

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • VulgarGirlVulgarGirl Desert Oasis member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    CMGragain said:
    MagicInk said:
    I doubt he would let me.  He is not religious (I respect his choice.) and is likely to elope.      

Well...I'm not religious but we still had a regular (ish) wedding. Or are you just saying that's more his personality style? 
  • CMGragain said:
    He is seriously seeking a lifetime monogamous companion (Bride).  We are very close.  He struggles with ADD and depression.  At age 32, he is seeking someone who loves classical music, the arts, and has nerd tolerance.  He is one of those people who has always felt that he does not fit in.  He is not a social butterfly.  He is smarter than I am, but socially insecure.  He has several relationships, but those ladies are unwilling to commit to a monogamous lifestyle.  He was hurt several years ago when the girl he was in love with announced that she was pregnant, and it wasn't his.
    He has told me that if he ever finds the right girl, their wedding will be whatever she wants - even if it means wearing tuxedos in the daytime.  I love him, dearly, and I promise to keep my big mouth shut!
    My brother is the same way.  But, he met a girl a few years back and they seem to fit each other very well.  He said if they ever get married, they will go JOP.  I hope your son finds a lovely woman :)
    Married 9.12.15
    CMGragain
  • charlieyankee03charlieyankee03 Atlanta member
    250 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm working on wine. I haven't warmed up to red yet but I love a good Chardonnay.

He's the kindest man I've ever met. He's the first person I've been with that I wanted to spend all my time with. He tells me every day how much he loves me and shows me in so many ways.

He's an absolutely AMAZING cook. But that boy can't clean for shit. He tries, but I always have to go behind him and rewash pots and pans and spoons and pretty much everything he uses to cook. Thank god he's good at the other household chores (except hanging clothes...he sucks at hanging clothes too).

I'm not a picky eater and I like to try new things, so I've eaten some weird stuff over the years. The first thing that comes to mind is escargot (snails), but I know that's not the weirdest.

Worked, went to the gym, and grilled out. I'm fairly boring when FI is out of town.

6. When is your wedding?
    June 20, 2015. GAH!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CMGragain said:
    He is seriously seeking a lifetime monogamous companion (Bride).  We are very close.  He struggles with ADD and depression.  At age 32, he is seeking someone who loves classical music, the arts, and has nerd tolerance.  He is one of those people who has always felt that he does not fit in.  He is not a social butterfly.  He is smarter than I am, but socially insecure.  He has several relationships, but those ladies are unwilling to commit to a monogamous lifestyle.  He was hurt several years ago when the girl he was in love with announced that she was pregnant, and it wasn't his.
    He has told me that if he ever finds the right girl, their wedding will be whatever she wants - even if it means wearing tuxedos in the daytime.  I love him, dearly, and I promise to keep my big mouth shut!
    Your son sounds like my fiancee! With patience, persistence, and a lot of encouragement he eventually found, at the age of 37, a 30-something year-old woman with an enormous affection for brilliant, quiet, and deeply devoted nerds. And he's marrying her this weekend :)
    Drat!  I think he got the only one!  Got a sister?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    PrettyGirlLostkmmssgShesSoCold
  • MadHops21MadHops21 Buried in blankets member
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 500 Comments First Answer
    Nope. Hate the stuff (sorry :( )

He will randomly text me throughout the day, saying cute things at the right moments. He has ESP for when I'm feeling down or having a tough time. 

He's almost never serious. It's tough to get decision from him for the wedding, new house, school, career, anything except serious nose bleeds. 

Live octopus. I think  it was octopus...

Cleaned my room and rode motorcycles with FI 

6. When is your wedding?
    June 25, 2016 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:
    Your son sounds like my fiancee! With patience, persistence, and a lot of encouragement he eventually found, at the age of 37, a 30-something year-old woman with an enormous affection for brilliant, quiet, and deeply devoted nerds. And he's marrying her this weekend :)
    He DEFINITELY didn't get the only one. I think all of my closest friends have husbands like this. He just needs to know where to look. FI and I met on an online dating site, which I think is a good starting place for shy people.

I do have a sister, but she's been happily married for 10+ years. She always had more stereotypical taste in men though (My brother-in-law is a burly, outgoing "guy's guy" who works in construction, likes college sports, and drives a big truck. He and FI get along famously even though they're polar opposites).
    CMGragain
  • redoryxredoryx member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:
    Nah, there are more of us women like that out there :) But I agree it's a matter of where he is looking. 
    redheadbride15CMGragain
  • MairePoppyMairePoppy Connecticut mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    kmbay84 said:

Yes, I prefer dry reds like malbec, cabernet and merlot. For white wine-pinot grigio and chardonay. For bubbly, Proseco.

He has a weird sense of humor, is honest and generous

He's stubborn. He also likes to channel surf, rather than watch a show or movie. I won't watch TV with him.

If it's weird, I don't eat it. 

Cooked out and we drove in the counry and ate at our favorite pizza place.

6. When is your wedding?

My anniversary is May 6.

• MizLiz3MizLiz3 member
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Absolutely!  I like pinot grigio, moscato, and malbec depending on my mood.

He is incredibly compassionate and always wants to see the best in everyone and all situations.

He won't eat vegetables...at all.

Some weird fish mousse stuff in France.  It wasn't really that weird, but it was definitely something that I couldn't eat again.

Watched a lot of Netflix.

6. When is your wedding?
    October 10, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards