Options

I think it's time for (re)introductions

Re: I think it's time for (re)introductions

• Options
    RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2015

RezIpsa said:

This isn't how it works with breed specific rescues, at all. You fill out an adoption form, they do a home check, call your references, and then when they get a dog in that they feel is a good match for your and your home they call you.

Same goes for an shelter, although most take a dim view of adopters who prefer a breed over a personality and match with their home.

We had a great purebred corgi when I was a kid. After the second $5000 back operation didn't fix the problem, my mom finally decided it was time to end his suffering. Pure bred dog breeding is just such a great enterprise. The breeders really care about the health of the individuals and improving the breed.

Then the one's I dealt with weren't real, honestly. I know pure-breeding is shit. We found out on the way home from getting mine that he had worms. But in my mind it's kind of like rescuing. I want to save them from the "enterprise". 
    ----------------boxes all messed up--------

If you really feel that way, then a rescue is a perfect solution. You don't encourage continued breeding, and you help an animal that is in dire straits.

When you give money to a breeder, you encourage continued breeding. The only way that industry dies is if it isn't profitable anymore. Which means no sympathy purchases.

• Options
    madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    climbingwife said: No reputable dog rescue organization would adopt out dogs in a few hours. That's BS. There's paper work and home visits. That takes time. I've rescued two dogs from different organizations. I know what I'm talking about. You can tell yourself all day long that buying a dog is the same as rescuing. It's not. There are thousand of dogs at shelters in need of homes.

---BOXBOX-WHERE-ARE-YOU---

Eh, we got our pup from a no-kill dog shelter (a very reputable one in our area), and we were able to complete the process in about four hours. He was posted on their website on a Thursday evening, and we went before the shelter opened on Saturday (their next business day). We had to wait for a few hours to even meet him, but we took him home that same day. If we had not adopted him, there were at least four or five other people behind us on the waiting list. Though yeah - it DOES seem shady that a dog posted for adoption would be off the website within a few hours... Ours was online for two days before anyone even got a chance to adopt him.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RezIpsa said:

This isn't how it works with breed specific rescues, at all. You fill out an adoption form, they do a home check, call your references, and then when they get a dog in that they feel is a good match for your and your home they call you.

Same goes for an shelter, although most take a dim view of adopters who prefer a breed over a personality and match with their home.

We had a great purebred corgi when I was a kid. After the second $5000 back operation didn't fix the problem, my mom finally decided it was time to end his suffering. Pure bred dog breeding is just such a great enterprise. The breeders really care about the health of the individuals and improving the breed.

Then the one's I dealt with weren't real, honestly. I know pure-breeding is shit. We found out on the way home from getting mine that he had worms. But in my mind it's kind of like rescuing. I want to save them from the "enterprise". 

----PRE-EMPTIVE BOX---

What do worms have to do with anything? Our puppy had worms too... Our vet told us that pretty much ALL puppies are born with worms, because roundworm larvae lie dormant in adult dogs until they are pregnant. Which is creepy.

As for "saving" him - the enterprise only exists because people who want purebreds give breeders money. That's a circular argument.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I agree the worms argument is kind of silly.  Our puppy had worms, and her breeder was very clean, and actually kept the dogs in her house, no cages or anything.  It just happens and the vet said it's pretty normal.  She also has a crooked foot... that doesn't mean I think the breeder was bad, it just happens, just like with humans. 

I also had no ideas that I was "saving" my dog when we got her from a breeder.  The dogs there seemed to have a pretty awesome life.  We also gave her an awesome life :)  I obviously have no issues with breeders (at least the good ones, don't get me started on puppy mills), but don't kid yourself when you think getting one from a breeder means you're saving it or anything else. 

Married 9.12.15
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met through mutal friends in high school shortly after my high school sweetheart and I broke up. We started dating a few months after.

How long have you been on TK? I've been on TK for 3.5 years. Signed up when DH and I started talking about getting engaged, but I didn't start posting until about 2.5 years ago.

Any pets? Yup. My two beagle fur babies Scout and Bandit.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? I love to cook. I try to make at least one new recipe per week. I also love to go on walks with my pups and snuggle them.

What would be your dream job? I'm working on finishing my PhD so I can finally become mental researcher/therapist

What's your favorite food? French Fries!!!

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Ketchup! All the ketchup. Some times mustard, rarely mayo.

Anything else? DH and I just got back from Hawaii and it was amazing! I'm currently travelling to a conference to present some research findings.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW?    We met at age 15 in church.  We have been married 39 years.

How long have you been on TK?  5 years.  I joined as a long distance MOB to help plan my daughter's wedding.  I found that I liked helping brides with wedding planning, so I stayed.

Any pets?  Huge, orange, long-haired male cat, who ADORES my husband.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time?  Needlework.

What would be your dream job?  I am retired.

What's your favorite food?  Chocolate - there is something else?

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We were set up by a co-worker of mine 5 years ago.  She is seriously a matchmaker. 5 couples she has set up have all gotten married.  She literally came back from Christmas break and said "I met your boyfriend, no I met your husband."  And yeah, we've been married for 2 years (this weekend is our anniversary!)

How long have you been on TK? Just got my 3 year badge.  I lurked for the majority of my engagement; got more involved a few months before the wedding and for awhile after.  Now, I am not a regular but come on here usually when I am working late at work and need to entertain myself.  I still love talking weddings.

Any pets? Yes!  We have a 9 month old puppy named Kahlua.  She is an Australian Sheppard/ Lab Mix.  She is definitely our baby. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Weekdays, usually relax at home with a drink and some netflix.  On the weekends I like to Shop, get a pedicure or a massage when I want to pamper myself, or when my husband is not working we love to take Kahlua to the river, or go on fun date nights.  We are just as happy being lazy with some cocktails at home too.

What would be your dream job? I had it!  I worked for a cheer/dance company for 12 years where I traveled around teaching camps to high school & collegiate dance teams, directing special events and doing choreography for teams/professional halftime shows.  It took me all over the world (for free) + I got paid doing it.  But traveling all the time was not good for my romantic future so I did have to "retire" when I found the right guy (H) who appreciated my passion for what I did.  Plus, while I did get paid it was still considered a part-time job so could not "live" off doing that alone.  NOW I still work some special events and get to choreograph for a few teams so I love that I can keep it a part of my life when time permits (I just don't do the long travel events). 

What's your favorite food? chicken strips! Or a good Filet Mignon w/ a baked potato. 

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? I like them all but in moderation.  And it depends on what I am eating of whether or not I will use them.  Ranch trumps them all when it comes to french fries or chicken strips though.

Anything else? I grew up a city girl and was a teacher/cheer coach on top of the cheer company I was a part of.  Then I met H and a year and a half into dating we moved back to his home town to open an automotive shop.  So I live in a little town (which I actually love) and I run the business side of the shop.  If you told me 5 years ago what my life would be like today I would have laughed in your face. 

Anniversary
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? Another hurray for match.com!

How long have you been on TK? It tells me I joined May 12, 2014.  I had another account for my last engagement, and sometimes I accidentally sign on there.  I don't even know if there were forums in 2007 though.  It might be cool to switch to an 8 year badge though!

Any pets? I have two mutts named Harley and Kiki.  Harley is 11.5 and Kiki is 2.5.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? SHOP, waste time on the internet, hang out with FI (though we don't have much common time off)) and with the pups.  In the summer I like to go to my parents' pool and I would always love to go to the beach but I don't get there often.

What would be your dream job? I don't like to work.

What's your favorite food? Boneless buffalo wings and pizza... not together.  Oh and fried pickles!

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? I like ranch the best, and I like mustard and ketchup, not so much on the mayo.

Anything else? I'm 25 days from the wedding and we're going to get our marriage license tomorrow! Yay!!

Breeder or Rescue?  Rescue all the way!  Not that I could turn down an adorable corgi pup if one fell in my lap!  My last dog was a corgi/beagle mix and he was the BEST DOG EVER.image

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? On the internet, kind of. He was IRL friends with one of my internet friends, and he IMed me one day, in the good old days of AIM. Then one day he literally ran 8 miles to the produce stand I was working at to day meet me. 15 year olds are adorable and silly.

How long have you been on TK?   About a year, I was curious about FSIL's questionable etiquette, and my hunches were correct

Any pets? 2 cats

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Baking, exploring new towns, trying new restaurants.

What would be your dream job? Not really sure, i actually like my job for the most part. I supposed I'd like to have a cupcake bar, that does cupcakes and beer/wine pairings, but that's a ton of work that I don't want to take on.

What's your favorite food? Mac and cheese, salads with goat cheese, pulled chicken tacos.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mustard!

Anything else? I recently moved from NJ to VA, and to my surprise, the only things I really miss are Barcade, Shake Shack and sometimes the proximity to NYC.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? He knew some members of my family that lived where we both went to college.

How long have you been on TK? Almost three years.

Any pets? No. But we want a dog.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Beach comb although I don't get to do it much, sew, hike, climb, kayak.

What would be your dream job? Public relations for a big nonprofit so I'd get to travel all over the place while writing about, talking about, telling other people about, photographing and videoing all the great stuff they do. Also, lots of vacation time, loose hours, ability to work from home, maybe only a part time job actually, so basically no job that is in existence right now. :p

What's your favorite food? Lots of things.  Pizza, hamburgers, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, cheese.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mayo.  I hate mustard, and you know to not order the french fries if you see me using ketchup.  I only use ketchup when the fries are meh.

Anything else? I need a vacation. 

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? Roller derby.  He was watching, I was volunteering that night.  My teammate is married to his CW.  She set us up.  I also stood him up by accident on our first date, so it was meant to be that we finally got together.  

How long have you been on TK? 7 years, I think, though I've only been posting since I got engaged, so 5-ish maybe??  My BFF asked me to sign up when I was her BM, but I never used it.  

Any pets? Not anymore.  We put Winston my hedgie down almost 2 years ago as he had cancer.  I'd love a dog, but not willing to walk it Sat mornings in Jan in -30C blizzards, so no pets.  We like the freedom at the moment.  

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Relax.  Nap, read a book, chill, watch tv.  I also cheer competitively, so I'll do a lot of tumbling classes or weight workouts.  

What would be your dream job? Performer in Cirque du Soleil.  Or really running off to join any circus.  When I finish with cheer, I'm planning on taking some circus classes

What's your favorite food? So many to pick from.  Pizza, chocolate, raspberries, almost anything dessert

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Ketchup for burgers/hot dogs, mustard for sandwiches.  I hate mayo

Anything else? I've competed 3 times at the World Championships for cheer and I'm currently pissed that I'm not on a Worlds team for this year.  Fingers crossed things change for Sept, especially since I just started pulling my layout with no spotter.  I want to go back

• Options
    MJKloverMJKlover member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2015
    How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met in 2010 at a NOLA inspired restaurant about 45 days after my divorce was finalized. I was not interested in dating anyone at the time, especially someone 6.5 years younger than me. But he said I was "discriminating" against him because of his age and I felt bad. So we ended up exchanging numbers anyway. 

How long have you been on TK? Since 2005 when I was planning my first wedding. Turns out the account was still active and I remembered my password. I just had to delete everything related to the ex and that wedding. 

Any pets? Oh yeah! 3 cats (one is a Maine Coon and Katrina survivor)--Ashley, Sweet Tea, and Balki and 1 dog--Koti. Koti is a rescue and I only know that he's part Finnish Spitz. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? REST! 

What would be your dream job? Rock star, duh! But truthfully, I would love to not have to work and volunteer my time at local places. 

What's your favorite food? blackened shrimp

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mustard on sandwiches and ketchup on fries. I hate real mayonnaise but I like Miracle Whip on sandwiches too. 

Anything else? I spent years doing sex offender treatment with juveniles in a correctional facility and it is my favorite job I've had so far.

Edited for clarity's sake

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? Match.com.  We became friends first and about a year after we were matched, we started dating.  That was more than 5 years ago and now we're getting married in October. 

How long have you been on TK? Not sure.  I joined when I was MOH in a wedding several years ago, but didn't find the forums until I came back for my wedding.

Any pets? Harry, an adorable beagle mix who we adopted from the Humane Society about 2 years ago.  He's 6 now and the sweetest, most chill dog. 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Netflix.  Hoping to get back to working out regularly. 

What would be your dream job? I had my dream job and then it stopped being my dream, so I'm not sure at the moment.  I daydream about working in an office where you can sit and drink your coffee and spend time on the computer without interruption.

What's your favorite food? I love food and constantly look forward to whatever my next food opportunity is.  Right now, I'm looking forward to lunch which is a pb and j.  Also, dinner Friday which is homemade pizza.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mayo- yes; mustard- sometimes; ketchup- absolutely...and also ranch.

Anything else? I've learned so much by lurking on these boards.  You all have saved me from some serious wedding problems, and also taught me things NWR.

• Options
    l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met through a mutual friend at a gathering.  We've been together for almost 6 years and got married last summer.

How long have you been on TK? I don't remember.. fall of 2012?

Any pets? Oh yes, I have a fur child.  An adorable bulldog.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Spend time with DH and friends.  I like being outside and working in the garden.  I've also recently gotten into yoga.

What would be your dream job? As a running joke I'm pretty sure I wanted to be everything sort of profession at some point growing up... I have a wide variety of interests.  My dream job where I'd actually make a living - CEO.  My dream job where I'm not sure I'd actually make a living - something that allowed and DH to just travel the world.  

What's your favorite food? Tacos.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Ketchup.  Mustard may make it's way onto an occasional hot dog or brat.  Mayo will not make it into my house.

Anything else? As noted above, my wedding is over.  I stick around and most lurk on CC for the entertainment, snark, advice, and current event threads.  I'm an occasional poster.  I've gotten great advice when I've asked and think there's a fine group of people around here :)

• Options
    I've noticed a lot of new faces around here so I thought it'd be good to have another introduction (or re-introduction) thread. I'll start...

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? 

We worked together.  I met him on my first day of work at my first post-college job, but we didn't start dating for about 6 months.

How long have you been on TK?

It's ebbed and flowed, but I've had an account for almost 10 years and been active on and off for nine of them.

Any pets?

We have one cat and five fish.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time?

Pedicures, reading, cooking something ambitious (not something I threw together)

What would be your dream job?

I would love to be some sort of naturalist/park ranger.

What's your favorite food?

Anything chocolate.  And for food-food, tough call, but maybe barbecue?

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...?

Mustard. 

Anything else? 

I started on TK because my MIL was horrible, and somehow I'm still here.  :)

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met on Craig's List. I was on a few dating sites but got drunk and posted an ad one night. DH likes looking at cars on CL but would occasionally take a look at the personals. We got lucky.

How long have you been on TK? Since we got engaged, about a year and a half ago.

Any pets? Maury, our pitbull. We adopted him from a shelter last summer. (Which took all of an hour, which surprised us. They did a home visit after DH's last adopted dog died suddenly years ago so we think that's what moved things along.)

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? I love to read and cook. I also love to read cookbooks.

What would be your dream job? I love what I'm doing now. I used to want my own boutique but working at a start-up has killed my desire for my own business.

What's your favorite food? Pasta - I pretty much love any carb but a big bowl of noodles always loves me. Otherwise, German chocolate cake.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mustard or ketchup- it depends on the use. I'm not a huge mayo fan and believe that it's best saved for tuna salad.

Anything else? I'm working from home today and have a dog sleeping on my feet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? He's now my ex, but we were both members of meetups and had mutual friends.

How long have you been on TK? About 2 1/2 years.

Any pets? No, but once when my brother and I were kids, we had an opportunity to adopt the cutest, most adorable Yorkie when it was born.  We had to pass up the opportunity because my mom has severe allergies.  He was a wonderful dog though.  The owner of his mother decided to keep him.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Check out this Community, read other books, and swim.

What would be your dream job? Literary critic for the New York Times.

What's your favorite food? Pizza.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Depends-for hamburgers, ketchup, for hot dogs, mustard, for tuna sandwiches, mayo.

Anything else? I'm a CPA and freelance editor.  Last year I moved from NYC back to Houston where I lived when I was younger but I miss the hell out of NYC.

• Options
    swagandmoxieswagandmoxie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2015

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? Met him 25 years ago through my best friend, who is his Aunt. We used to all go out with the same group of friends. Fast forward to 4 years ago, we're both single and we started a relationship!!

How long have you been on TK? A few months, started posting only about 3 weeks ago.

Any pets? We have 2 furbabies. Lucky and Jasmine (see pic!!)

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Watch movies with FI, have my family over to visit and have dinner. DIY projects.

What would be your dream job? Ophthalmic nurse patient educator and corespondent.

What's your favorite food? King crab legs

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mayo, but I like the others as well. 

Anything else? I'm getting married this Saturday!!!!

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met on PlentyOfFish in 2011, engaged in 2013, and married 2014.

How long have you been on TK? Since I got engaged about in May of 2013.

Any pets? Not yet, we had planned to get a puppy this summer, as we finally moved into a house with a yard, but now we're expecting our first baby in Sept, and decided that one new living thing at a time was probably best.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Sports (soccer or softball).  I'm 24 weeks pregnant though, so mostly in a coaching/support capacity right now.

What would be your dream job? I'm doing it.  I love what I do in occupational health and safety.

What's your favorite food? Right now, fried chicken.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mayo.  In my mind there's no other valid condiment.

Anything else? We're settling into our first 'real' house.  We owned condos before, and bought a beauty of a house in the suburbs.

• Options
    swiftsticksswiftsticks member
    edited June 2015

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? match.com! We're from the same home town, and he used to work at a bakery I went to as a teenager. I had a big crush on him back then. I didn't know he was the cute guy from the bakery until our first date. 

How long have you been on TK? December 2014, so 7 months.

Any pets? None, but we want to adopt a big shaggy brown dog and name him/her Chewbacca.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Knit. Run. 

What would be your dream job? Book store owner.

What's your favorite food? Tacos!

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? All of the above. Plus BBQ, relish, hot sauce and salsa. 

Anything else? I'm getting married in 17 days. I'm trying to play it cool, but I'm really excited. Also, I'm super tall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    swagandmoxieswagandmoxie member
    edited June 2015
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met in line to get tickets to see Obama. We didn't get the tickets, and left without getting each other's numbers. But he remembered my name and where I worked (it was a school he used to attend) so he came the next day to ask for my number.

How long have you been on TK? Started lurking when I got engaged (October). Started posting a little after that.

Any pets? We have a pooch that FI got a few years before he met me. He's the sweetest dog.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Catch up on Netflix and play puzzle games.

What would be your dream job? Full time author.

What's your favorite food? Indian food.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Ketchup for dipping. Mustard or mayo for sandwich spreading.

Anything else? I really need a Red Bull right now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ...Any pets? We have 2 furbabies. Lucky and Jasmine (see pic!!)
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? He used to work in a shop I would frequent. I eventually approached him when we randomly ran into each other somewhere else. 

How long have you been on TK? Since fall of last year. I was on a long car ride when I received an e-mail from Offbeat Bride of latest forum messages that were posted. The most popular one was a SS whining about TK and the meanies in etiquette and I&P. I settled into my seat getting ready to read some crazy shit when I found myself agreeing with you all. So... I'm still here! 

Any pets? A cat. We had a stray roam around our apartment building, and one night it was particularly cold and snowy, so we took her in. She's now an official member of the family.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Travel, interwebs, video games, spending time with family/friends, bake

What would be your dream job? Something having to do with nature conservation.

What's your favorite food? Feta cheese

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? All of them. I love almost all condiments except ranch (blech).

Anything else? Hi!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? Law school orientation.  He introduced himself, and he had the same last name as a ballet instructor I'd had for years growing up (who is also a fairly well-known ballerina in the area).   I asked if he knew her.  Apparently his last name is common, and his response was "[Last name] is like Smith in Poland."  And he walked away.  That's how we met.  In all fairness, I had a boyfriend at the time, whom I later got engaged to and then broke up with.  A few months after the breakup he asked me to grab a drink so he could hear my thoughts on the ending of the last Harry Potter movie.  I didn't realize it was a date and wore a Hogwarts shirt.  The rest is history. 

How long have you been on TK? Since getting engaged in August of last year.

Any pets? Two cats (Lily, a ragdoll, and Eve, a mixed-breed black cat), and Tyrion (probably mostly silky terrier but we aren't sure, he's a rescue).

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read, binge watch Netflix/Hulu while playing video games, cooking.  

What would be your dream job? Food blogger, maybe, or sommelier.  Definitely something involving food.  

What's your favorite food? Cheese, crab legs (especially king or colossal), and wine.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? I'm picky with some condiments, I like lemon squeezed over things (instead of most dressings, which I find too sweet), certain types of ranch, ketchup, and mustard are fine, but keep the mayo.  No mayo.  I love A1 sauce.

Anything else? We just had our walkthrough today for the wedding, which just blew my mind.  Also I've been searching for motivation to work out... haven't found it yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Fun!!

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We met on a charity team training for the Boston Marathon

How long have you been on TK? Lurking for years but much more active since my engagement in April.

Any pets? 1 dog - a rescue mutt named Brittany.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Run, yoga or chill out in front of the TV

What would be your dream job? Choreographer

What's your favorite food?  Pizza!

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Depends on the food but I'll say ketchup.  I'm not proud of it. 

Anything else? FI and I just moved into a new apartment together on Monday.  I'm exhausted but its exciting.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I enjoy this.

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? We went to high school together (he was a year ahead of me) but never actually spoke.  We just stole glances at each other across the room during the one class we had together (silent crushes, I guess).  We saw each other at the hometown bar on Thanksgiving Eve after college and exchanged numbers, but I had just gone through a break-up and he was just starting to date someone.  We finally made it happen the following Thanksgiving Eve and have been together since.

How long have you been on TK? Joined forever ago when I was MOH in my BFFs wedding, but didn't really begin heavily lurking or posting until we got engaged a year and a half ago.

Any pets? Our Frenchie is the best thing ever in the history of ever.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Anywhere I can relax with a margarita in my hand, barre, TK binges, outdoor dining, traveling and trying new restaurants.

What would be your dream job? Florist.  I wish I could make all the monies by just working as a florist in someone else's shop.  I fantasize about owning my own but I know it wouldn't give me the flexible life I want.

What's your favorite food?  Just, everything.  In particular, Mexican.  And classic New England seafood (clam chowder, lobster rolls, steamers.... forever).

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mayo for certain.  I won't say I like globs but I've been known to ask for extra mayo every once in a while.  Sorry not sorry.

Anything else? We are officially 4 months out from the wedding as of today and I am in this really weird wedding-zen/stress-free place.  I'm just not really worried about any of it, much to the surprise of my family and friends (who all know me to be very type-A, controlling and high-stress).  I think TK has really put all of the little unimportant shit in perspective for me.  Though, I'm a little nervous this is all a facade and I will be freaking the fuck out in about 3.5 months, but we'll see.

• Options
    Yay! These are fun! 

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? I met FI through the military. We went to the same school and have been stationed together since boot camp.

How long have you been on TK? Since I got engaged in February...might have taken me till March to get over here.

Any pets? Oh yes. We're an animal house. 5 Rescues. The pups are G. Shep./whippet mix, Annie, Staffordshire Terrier, Jaxx, and English Mastiff, Shrimp. Then we have an orange tabby named Panini and a calico tabby named Bast'et.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Watching junk wedding TV (mostly SYTTD) and playing around on TK. Also couch cuddles with FI and the furbabies.

What would be your dream job? I want to be Belle at Disney World.

What's your favorite food? Lobster.

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Mayo + Ketchup

Anything else? My Jaxx-dog is currently watching Futurama very intently with FI.  It's pretty stinkin adorable.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

How did you meet your FI/DH/DW? My best friend at at the time met him while on spring break vacation and told us to add each other on FB and we started talking ever since. 

How long have you been on TK? A long time, but I became active on the boards when we started talking about the possibility of marriage.

Any pets? yup one rescue hair ball 

Favorite thing to do in your spare time? sleep and lounge with Fi

What would be your dream job? Celebrity Ob-Gyn 

What's your favorite food? ITALIAN and Mamposteao'

And of course, the ever-important condiment question. Mayo, mustard, ketchup...? Ketchup

Anything else? almost 8 days until we get married and I can't wait!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards