FRIDAY!!!!

2»

Re: FRIDAY!!!!

• Options

@southernpeach89 I love that crib!

@minskat30 congrats on the weight loss!

Anniversary

• Options
    @Swazzle - You know, I didn't complain.  I think I was honestly too hurt/surprised (plus she was like 8 months pregnant and still really, really fit so I guess I felt a little like she had the right to judge me even though she didn't).  I might mention something to the next doctor if she is nice. 

@CocoBellaF - I think we are at just the same spot in our cycle too!  I'm just coming off AF.  That might explain the night sweats actually.  

@Peaseblossom55 - Thank you!
  • Options
    @minskat30 - I reeeeeeeeally wish you would complain at the office where you were seen when it happened. If you don't speak up, she'll probably do/say the same sort of thing to someone else. What a bitch. 

• Options
    @swazzle lol I watched lifetime on demand all freakin day yesterday. As proof I'm a wimp, I'm still weirded out by the imaginary playmate movie. It was creepy to my sensitive self lol. The deadly adoption commercial was on constantly! I may tape it cause we will be in a hotel in west palm awaiting our super early flight on Sunday lol

Today I am packing woot woot. I'm planning to just pack for me but we all know I will likely end up packing for H as well. I also got to meet some Jehovah's witnesses (awesome) and I might mow the lawn so I don't have to tonight. Oh and I need to buy some things for our trip like sanitary pads (ugh) Imodium (just in case) and uh that might be it for now. We are packing about 17000 tons of sunscreen. Lol. There is a limit btw of how much aerosol sunscreen you can pack. If you were wondering

Yesterday during my lifetime drivel I watched the first four episodes of UnREAL. It's a scripted show about the behind the scenes drama of a show like the bachelor. Sex,drugs, mental illness, deceit, it's all there and quite crazy. Not sure if I will keep watching it but it was entertaining for completely mindless TV watching.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @Blue - I absolutely love Lifetime movies. At one point, I had to cut myself off because I had seen every single one. I saw a commercial for that show and I want to watch it. 

• Options
    @minskat30 - congrats on the weight loss!!
  • Options
    I know @Swazzle - honestly I do know better but I'm so sensitive about my weight (my grandmother used to harp on it growing up with her ALL the time) that I'm used to just shutting down when it gets mentioned.  I should have known better though...especially since she was the only doctor I could get in to see at the time (all the others had like 3 month waits, I got in to see her in 2 weeks) and her reviews online that I saw indicated she was a bitch.  I was so desperate to see someone after the absence of a period for 3+ months I just went with it.  I'm glad she went on maternity leave and I had to wait to see someone else. 
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I love Lifetime movies, I only watch them when H is gone and has hockey though, he hates them.  I may try to get him to watch the Will Ferrel one on Saturday though.

Anniversary

• Options

@Hummingbird125 - Your H was having a planking dream. He was planking the couch in real life, but in his dream it was probably somewhere more epic, like the top of Hoover Dam or something. Haha!

@caseface5 - My dog and I run multiple days a week and he always stops along the first couple of miles. Once he gets more tired he doesn't stop anymore because I think he just wants to finish. But yea, if I want to keep going and he wants to stop I have to make sure I'm catching him moving toward something and I just move toward the outside of the sidewalk and shorten the leash. Once he plants his feet I stand no chance. I feel your pain.

@Dignity100 - Awww, I feel so bad that Nessie still isn't back to her old self! Give her a "Get Well Soon" snuggle from me!

@labro - A venue that lets you bring your own food? That sounds AMAZING! The only time I've seen that is like a concert in the park type scenario, or an amphitheater. Nothing with tables.

-----------------------------------

BF and I are just hanging out tonight. I'm sure he'll be home late, but we watched one episode of OITNB last night and I want to really get into the new season! I've missed that show so much!

Tomorrow we are dropping the dog off and heading back to the beach house that my family is at. We're going to a market on the beach and will cook dinner with whatever we find. Then I plan on flying stunt kites for a while, then getting in the hot tub on the deck and watching the sun set while I drink wine. It should be amazing. Just hoping I don't get sunburned again.

• Options
    @southernpeach89 aw poor Maddux for being too happy.  How do you prevent it from happening again, teach him to be less happy? hahaha

@swazzle, definitely relax so you can start feeling better.

@hummingbird125 my bf sleep walks whenever he's drunk.  I constantly find him sleeping in weird places and he has no idea how he got there. 

@untouchablets and anyone else struggling with gifts for dads, use restaurant.com under the specials section there are always awesome deals.  That's where I got the $1000 worth of giftcards for $65 and now have gifts for several different people. They also have tickets for events and other special offers. 

So I just need to say that I'm really impressed with my bf.  Everyone warned us when we bought our house that remodeling causes couples to fight.  We have actually found the whole process made us a better team, and haven't fought at all.  

Two nights ago I had a complete freakout/breakdown/meltdown.  We have people coming in a week, and the house is not move in ready.  Also, I've never mentioned this before, but my mom's house is in foreclosure.  The sheriff's sale is next Friday, so even if we didn't have the party, we have a week to move in.  When I walked in after work I just started crying, hyperventilating, and screaming.  My bf immediately started calming me down and promised that we would be moved in before next Friday.  He is taking off work today, and most of next week so that he can get everything done and the house cleaned so that we can move in.  He told me to not worry about taking off work and wasting my pto days.  So now he is at the house getting as much done as possible, and I'm feeling slightly relaxed.  I probably won't actually be relaxed until after we've moved in. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I don't think there is anyway to really prevent it. Online it just says to keep him as active as possible so his tail is used to the constant activity. We usually get him going every day so I'm surprised this happened but I guess it was just over exerted from playing the entire day without any breaks.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I've never heard that remodeling makes couples fight lol. We've always worked really well as a team so we have constant projects going! Luckily our house was move in ready lol good luck with yours!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 I'm sorry about your mom's house. That's tough! :(

@AlPacina I love this venue! It's a park ampitheatre and not all the concerts allow it. It depends on if the concert allows table seating or not. If there isn't table seating, then you can bring a small amount of drinks but that's it. We reserved a table for the four of us and I can't wait! I'm bringing a tablecloth, and my friend is bring some candles. It's going to be fancy schmancy!

• Options
    I'm late and skimmed through and can't remember everything I just read!

@southernpeach89 @labro @ollie08 have fun meeting up and eat so many donuts for me! I love donuts.

@southernpeach89 that's so weird about Maddux's tail. I would have been worried too- my cat is like my baby and I panic every time I think something might me remotely wrong.

@minskat30 congrats on the weight loss- that's awesome! I hope this doc is much nicer than that last bitch

I am trying to get as much work done as possible today since I'll be out for another week. When I leave work today I want to stop at the library to pick up a book to read while I'm away and stop at Target for some last minute things. I was hoping they'd have some pasty cover things- I should have ordered ones that had good reviews on Amazon but I didn't even think about it until last night. I hate wearing bras, especially with certain dresses and when it's hot out but don't want everyone seeing my nips lol. Oh well- I'll be on vacation so I might just not care.
    Tonight I need to finish cleaning the kitchen, put out fresh food for the cat and change her litter box. My best friend is staying in our apartment for most of the week to feed the cat and fish so I want the place as clean as possible. Then we need to pack!
    I can't wait to be in Mexico in our awesome hotel and enjoy every second of it since vacation always goes by too fast!

• Options

Reviews are in, regarding the new EL James book "Grey". Apparently, because she can't actually write (not new information), the new book is the exact same dialogue but with his thoughts filling in the space instead of hers. So she copy-pasted the majority of the book.

I know no one here is probably particularly interested in the book, but there are some GREAT quotes coming out of critics.

For instance:

- The Telegraph's Bryony Gordon said the fourth book is: 'About as sexy as a misery memoir and as arousing as the diary of a sex offender.'

-Colgan also agreed that the book is 'far more realistic – and creepy beyond belief'

-Nick Clark from The independent said the experience of reading the book was similar to the couple's lovemaking: 'Drawn out, racy, frequently painful and unintentionally hilarious'.

• Options
    Yesterday was my last day of school, so I slept in today until 11:45 (I never sleep that late!) and am trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my day. I'm going to use this gift card to get my nails done this afternoon, then I'm babysitting for one of my friends/coworkers tonight. I want some baby time!

Tomorrow, BF will be home from work (he's worked the last 48 hours - he's a firefighter/paramedic). I'm not sure of his plans for our day/night other than that he made reservations somewhere fancy for dinner and plans to wear his suit.

Sunday, we're driving up to NJ to stay with my parents and siblings at a resort near the beach for the week. I'm SO glad to be on summer break! I get two weeks off, then I'm teaching a summer school remediation class for 2 weeks.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AlPacina Fitting! Especially since she basically c&p'd Twilight to write her first few novels!

• Options
    I have a question for those of you who fly/travel a lot! I just booked our hotel for me and BF's trip to see my parents for Thanksgiving. I booked the room for a Wednesday, the check-in time being 3pm, which I understand is the earliest we can check in, but he just told me that we won't be getting in until like 1am on Thursday. Do I need to change the day we check in or does any time before the 3pm check-in count as the previous day? I can change or cancel my booking up until the day before the reservation so I'm not too worried but I just want to be sure I didn't screw up lol
  • Options
    @minskat30 thank you! I figured calling the hotel that day and letting them know we would be flying in late would be sufficient, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't paying for an extra day. The trip is less than 6 months away now so I'm trying to get everything settled, its our first non-road, longer-than-a-weekend trip together so I'm feeling the pressure lol
  • Options
    AlPacina said:

@Hummingbird125 - Your H was having a planking dream. He was planking the couch in real life, but in his dream it was probably somewhere more epic, like the top of Hoover Dam or something. Haha!

Thanks for making me snort-laugh at my desk. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @AlPacina A Buzzfeed writer live tweeted his reading experience, and it's hilarious. Some of the highlighted passages were, "...is like music to my dick." and these awful racist, homophobic things. LINK

• Options
    @eilis1228 - OMG, that guy had me laughing so hard. My favorite quote "It's like his cock is an actual separate person."

• Options
    @AlPacina hahahaha yes! And the whole passage about weak black tea had me dying. I cannot believe these books are bestsellers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards