• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Chit Chat

ha - random stranger got us something from the registry

so, I am guilty of secretly checking our online registry on a daily basis (would never admit it IRL but SO FUN!) and today I noticed that something has been bought by someone completely unknown to me. Their name is definitely not on the guest list. I checked with FI and ILs and my mom and no one knows this person. 

I think the most likely explanation is that my FI has a fairly common first + last name (in fact friends of ILs have pointed out to us that "he apparently is registered at bloomingdales with four different women" - a lot of jokes were made about how he must be a busy man, etc etc). So probably this is one of the other ones, and she didn't notice that it was the wrong one? I am positive that I am the only one with my name in this country, so technically it should not be a challenge if you know the bride's name...but still. 

So... other than laugh about it, WWTKD? I'm guessing we will have to send it back to this person... ? Or just send them an extra nice thank you card :P
- The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 

Re: ha - random stranger got us something from the registry

• AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    You're assuming the gift will be sent to you. It might not be.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • mj8215mj8215 member
    100 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    that is a good point! for the sake of everyone involved i hope that person either bought it in a store or had it sent to their house, and will gift it to the other couple at their wedding/shower (again, assuming that is what happened). except that then its off our list and no one will get it for us. oh well. FWP! 
     i guess i just found it funny. i have a low threshold for finding things funny these days...
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
    emmaaa
  • Can you delete it and re-add it?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

[Deleted User]novella1186
  • I always wondered if that ever happened. Now I know it does! :p

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• mj8215mj8215 member
    100 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So - everyone had really good ideas about what this might be, thank you.... the mystery just got solved: it got delivered today with a card and its from my friend who must have used his mom's credit card (and i did not recognize mom's maiden name)... thank goodness we don't have to track anyone down haha 
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards