Chit Chat

ha - random stranger got us something from the registry

so, I am guilty of secretly checking our online registry on a daily basis (would never admit it IRL but SO FUN!) and today I noticed that something has been bought by someone completely unknown to me. Their name is definitely not on the guest list. I checked with FI and ILs and my mom and no one knows this person. 

I think the most likely explanation is that my FI has a fairly common first + last name (in fact friends of ILs have pointed out to us that "he apparently is registered at bloomingdales with four different women" - a lot of jokes were made about how he must be a busy man, etc etc). So probably this is one of the other ones, and she didn't notice that it was the wrong one? I am positive that I am the only one with my name in this country, so technically it should not be a challenge if you know the bride's name...but still. 

So... other than laugh about it, WWTKD? I'm guessing we will have to send it back to this person... ? Or just send them an extra nice thank you card :P
- The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 

Re: ha - random stranger got us something from the registry

• You're assuming the gift will be sent to you. It might not be.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • mj8215mj8215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    that is a good point! for the sake of everyone involved i hope that person either bought it in a store or had it sent to their house, and will gift it to the other couple at their wedding/shower (again, assuming that is what happened). except that then its off our list and no one will get it for us. oh well. FWP! 
     i guess i just found it funny. i have a low threshold for finding things funny these days...
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • Can you delete it and re-add it?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I always wondered if that ever happened. Now I know it does! :p

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• mj8215mj8215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    So - everyone had really good ideas about what this might be, thank you.... the mystery just got solved: it got delivered today with a card and its from my friend who must have used his mom's credit card (and i did not recognize mom's maiden name)... thank goodness we don't have to track anyone down haha 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards