Nevada-Las Vegas

Uk groom needs help :-(

Evening all.... Been pointed in the direction of the community as getting nowhere and a bit of a bashing on tripadvisor which is getting annoying. So I'm sure I'll miss things out on this point however here goes: Wedding is booked for 8th may 2016 @ nelson ghost town - this is all booked Photographer is booked Holiday is booked We've decided on a limo / party bus thing to take guests from hotel to venue. Here's where it gets difficult so would appreciate as much help as possible! We're expecting between 15-20 guests coming from the uk and due to the heat the wedding is going to be around 5pm So afterwards as it's going to be going into the evening I think it'll be too late for 3 course reception meal so we were looking for a bar to have a couple of hours of open bar to celebrate with light snacks etc (finger food) and then the next day we're going to have the meal. Now I've found packages however these all seem to be for a min of 25 people and anything less will have a min spend which is the same as having the 25 guests so pretty expensive for the numbers? Can anyone recommend a venue that's suitable? Pretty much open to locations etc Think this covers everything? Thanks

Re: Uk groom needs help :-(

• lauradean89lauradean89 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    Are you looking for just the bar bit of your reception or are you looking for a bar as well as somewhere to have a sit down meal for the following day?
  • Just the bar part for the evening of the wedding
  • Evening all.... Been pointed in the direction of the community as getting nowhere and a bit of a bashing on tripadvisor which is getting annoying. So I'm sure I'll miss things out on this point however here goes: Wedding is booked for 8th may 2016 @ nelson ghost town - this is all booked Photographer is booked Holiday is booked We've decided on a limo / party bus thing to take guests from hotel to venue. Here's where it gets difficult so would appreciate as much help as possible! We're expecting between 15-20 guests coming from the uk and due to the heat the wedding is going to be around 5pm So afterwards as it's going to be going into the evening I think it'll be too late for 3 course reception meal so we were looking for a bar to have a couple of hours of open bar to celebrate with light snacks etc (finger food) and then the next day we're going to have the meal. Now I've found packages however these all seem to be for a min of 25 people and anything less will have a min spend which is the same as having the 25 guests so pretty expensive for the numbers? Can anyone recommend a venue that's suitable? Pretty much open to locations etc Think this covers everything? Thanks
    Your wedding is over a meal period - dinner - and you need to serve enough food to equal a meal.  Open bar and light snacks doesn't cut it.  You can host an additional meal the next day if you like, but you need to host a dinner the day of the wedding itself, and that is your reception.

• edited July 2015
    Not sure you're going to be able to avoid the minimum spend, @Knottie1435944443 -- but you might want to try out Firefly or Gordon Biersch. I (dimly) remember them having a pretty wide variety of options/packages.
  • Are you looking for just a bar, something with entertainment, casual, dressy, etc?

Hussong's Cantina in Mandalay Mall accommodates groups of all sizes at pretty decent rates; it's a Mexican restaurant and bar, very casual, great drinks; we had our rehearsal dinner there.  Being a Sunday, you can probably negotiate a great deal because Sunday's are when most people leave Vegas if they were on a weekend or short trip.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I definitely recommend giving the folks at Firefly a ring, they have a private room for $200 plus a variety of food/beverage packages and they seem pretty reasonable to work with when it comes to budget. You can also see if they will just be able to accommodate a reservation in the main dining area. 15-20 isnt too many people to accommodate in vegas, IMHO. The food is tapas style (small plates) so you may be able to build a package around what you'd like your guests to have. I've been working with Fernanda there, she is easy to work with! Fireflylv.com

Also a great place - El Dorado Cantina. Its right off strip (behind the Trump hotel) and fabulous mexican food. Last year we brought a group of 9 in with no problem. We called ahead by a few hours and they had a large table in the back ready to go for us. Since it's mexican you could either offer plated dinners or just chips, queso, salsa, and some apps. Their pitchers of margaritas are a great way to go. Eldoradovegas.com

I understand the timing, although 6-7pm Vegas time doesnt seem like too late for dinner on paper, the time difference will definitely throw everyone off. I'm having my reception "dinner" at 4pm as that is dinner time for us at home, so I get it!

Good Luck!
  • Have you thought about having an in suite reception? I highly recommend Cosmopolitans Wraparound Terrace Suites and using Masterpiece Cuisine to for catering. Otherwise I'd check out the Little Vegas Wedding Blog- there's tons of options on there for you to research.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards