Not Engaged Yet

BEST DAY Thursday

Today is @Swazzle's birthday and my 4th wedding anniversary.  IT IS THE BEST DAY.

Come chat here!

Re: BEST DAY Thursday

• Happy Anniversary @CocoBellaF !!

Happy Birthday to @swazzle !! I hope it's the best birthday celebration yet!!!

Sooo I found out yesterday that after my 12 weeks of Maternity Leave is complete, I get what's called a Return-to-Work Transition period which lasts 4 weeks. It basically cuts my work week in half but I still get paid my full salary. This is just to help me transition back into my regular work day without throwing me into the chaos right off the bat.

This makes me super happy because if Callie happens to come on time (who knows?) I'll be returning to work right around Christmas time and that would be rather chaotic so I'm so glad I found out about this.

Speaking of babies, DH and I decided to pick back up our search for day cares. We are pre-registered at a day care just in case we don't find one and we are really excited about it but it's just SUPER expensive. So we are keeping our eyes open for any other places of similar quality but just smaller prices. We are thinking about home day care as well. We have two interviews coming up in the next two weeks so we will see what these have to say. They are significantly cheaper so hopefully the deduction in price doesn't correlate with the quality.
    I do not understand why this isn't standard!  It is a great solution!!  If I ever get pregnant and have a behbeh, I want to ask my company if we could somehow work this out.  Who knows!

@southernpeach89 - I hope you find something that is cheaper and that you feel good about.  Can't believe it's almost Callie time!!  
  • Like I said, today is our anniversary.  We had to wake up early today (around 4:45) so we could both go in to work early.  I've been here since a little after 6:00 AM.  We have to leave and drive an hour to go to my great-uncle's funeral.  I don't get bereavement since he is not immediate family, so we are both trying to make up our time by coming in early.  

I have to teach lessons right after work and then go help host a bridal shower.  I will hardly see H today, but that's OK.  We are going out to eat somewhere new and fun tomorrow and I can't wait.  ALL THE DESSERT.

Today will be a crazy and busy day.  I'm already tired!!!
  • @Swazzle - I have to see your new dress!!  And it sounds like you have the best day ever planned for your birthday!  Enjoy your coffee.  :)

• Happy Birthday my @swazzle!! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @swazzle Happiest of happy birthdays to you!! You don't look a day over 29 ;)

@cocobellaf Happy anniversary! YES for dessert

@southernpeach89 I'm severely jealous of that transition back to work, that sounds wonderful. I have inquired with my company about maternity leave (for the future) and it appears the pay/ time off is pretty shitty. Good luck with the daycare search. H and I got in a fight about that because he wants to switch shifts when we have a baby so we are on opposite schedules and don't have to pay for daycare. And I'm like fuck no- I value my family time over money. It's been a debate for a while but I told him it's pretty non-negotiable.

Um really nothing else to report on for myself. I had a work function last night and didn't make dinner, so we had nothing to bring for lunch today. Oh so sad that I'll have to order sushi...(eyes wide with excitement)

• @CocobellaF HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

@Swazzle HAPPY SECOND 29TH BIRTHDAY!!

I want to see pics of your Stich Fix dress too! I got my first order last night and I'm only keeping one thing, a top. I got too other tops and they were both OK but way more expensive than they should be in my opinion and one made me look really wide. I loved the jeans but I can't spend $98 on a pair of jeans so they're going back as well. The necklace they sent just wasn't my style. I'll probably wait until next month to try another one since I should be trying to save money like crazy right now. 

• @jenjen047 Love that you're going to Vows!!! I had emailed them asking if they had the dress I wanted but the style was too new so they didn't have it. Have a blast!

• @Southernpeach89 that is awesome that your job will let you transition back like that. When are we getting paid maternity leave in this country like every other country?? I don't want to have kids until that happens but I'll probably be old enough to be a grandma if/when it ever happens.
    I hope you are able to find a less expensive but equally awesome daycare solution- at home daycare sounds awesome!

@TwoDimes I am ecstatic to not be wedding planning anymore! I'm reading again and watching Netflix and just being lazy AF. Just need to finish ALL my thank yous and I'm officially done with wedding crap. A little over 2 more weeks for you right??

• @swazzle Happy birthday!

@cocobellaF Happy anniversary!

@southernpeach89 That sounds great about your leave!  I wish I had something like that.  We haven't begun our day care search yet, sigh.  I'm still trying to win the battle of day care versus a nanny.  H prefers daycare.

It's almost Friday!! Today the weather was just awesome this morning I hope it stays this nice.  A week from today I take my exam.  Woo hoo only a few more days of studying.  Otherwise life is boring.  I can't wait to get back into cooking and baking once the studying is all over.  I miss taking the time to look for new recipes and bake.  I also can't wait to just read for fun!!

Anniversary

• @CocoBellaF Happy anniversary!!!

@southernpeach89 Your maternity leave sounds awesome! I wish teachers could have that option, but I imagine that it’s impossible! Good luck with the day care search – I’m sure it’s a little stressful!

@swazzle Happy birthday!!!!

@caseface5 I hope you have a fun weekend!

@jenjen047 So exciting!!! I ordered cards for my BM’s too – I want to try to give them out in person but will mail them to OOT friends. I think I’m going to wait another few months until some of the wedding details are finalized. HAVE SO MUCH FUN DRESS SHOPPING!! I can’t wait to go, hopefully soon!

@TwoDimes My FI is looking forward to cake tasting the most! Almost 2 weeks until your wedding!!

--------------------------------------------
    Finally heard back from our event coordinator yesterday. She said that she would have the contract to me by today, and that they would extend our hold since we requested a contract. I had asked her to check on a few earlier dates for next summer, since the date we currently have gives us exactly 1 week for a honeymoon and then I would return for teacher work week that next Monday. She said that she “had her fingers crossed” for one of our earlier preferred dates, so I’m not sure what that means but I’m hoping either way to know by the end of the day today. Refreshing e-mail constantly!!!

FI and I have been working on our registry – so many options!!! I’m looking at a wine rack type thing, and I think I remember some of you posting pictures of yours…? We’re registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Crate &  Barrel, and Pottery Barn. We have the most luck with BB&B though, so most of our stuff is there. Any suggestions???

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @knockonwood5127 I mostly stuck with Macy's, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. I liked that I could use our PB giftcards at WS and vice versa, and I love their bedding and other decor stuff. We registered at Macy's for our crystal, new towels, and some other basics. Personally, I don't care for BBB a ton. I like the sales that Macy's has and I was able to combine sooooo many discounts when I was fulfilling my registry. Whenever I walk in to BBB I feel like my head is going to explode because there is SO MUCH STUFF. I think @GoldenPenguin got an awesome wine rack from BBB for her wedding though. Pretty sure it was the Ampersand Sonoma wine bar, but I don't think that one is available online. I couldnt' find it anyway.

• @swazzle happy bday! Also ... curious what the Hunger Games Exhibit is!?

@CocoBellaF happy anniversary!!

@southernpeach89 I agree, this is a great way to transition back!

------------------------------------

Last night was the Hedley concert. Matt and I got dinner first and headed down. So many teenagers!! It was quite packed and some kids just are irritating. Thinking they're "cool" for getting high and drinking at an outdoor venue. Sorry, but Deep Purple is coming on Saturday .... I anticipate everyone in a 10 mile radius will be contact high {/end rant}

We ended up leaving early because one of the songs played gave me a panic attack. {back story: when I was running home the day my dad passed away, that song was playing. Sometimes it gives me flashbacks.}
    Needless to say I pulled Matt through the crowd and some people were not moving despite the "excuse me, sorry, excuse me" So I nearly climbed over some people. I get too focused on leaving the situation that I don't entirely care how it happens.

All was fine after. This morning I'm quite sore and tired. Anyone who suffers from anxiety would know, but it's physically exhausting having a panic attack.

Today is just a half day, so I'm prob going to take a nap. I'm cleaning the carpets in the spare room later and I'm getting my roots touched up later tonight.

Weekend couldn't come soon enough!!! 
  • @TwoDimes I didn't do any of that last minute stuff since it was never important to me and I was so busy packing centerpieces and doing tons of other crap I never would have got to it. Don't stress if you don't do it all because people won't miss it!
    At our GTG the other day @phira @jenna8984 were letting @jenjen047 know that it's crazy that all the little things we obsessed over don't even get noticed- but you can't help but care until it's all over and done with and you realize so much little stuff was not important at all!

@knockonwood5127 I was constantly day dreaming about going to taste cupcakes! The ones we ended up getting were SO GOOD and I wish the bakery was closer because they are the best cupcakes I've ever had in my life. I was a little nuts with how excited I was about tasting cupcakes. 

• @cu97tiger Thanks!! I hope you are right!  I'm feeling pretty confident.

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @cu97tiger I hope you LOVE Book of Mormon! I really want to see it!!! Also, your day tomorrow sounds perfect! I'm sure you'll be "working" dilligently all day.

• @peaseblossom55 - all the exam vibes for you!!! 

@swazzle - love your dress! 
  • @swazzleimage

@cocobellaf Happy anniversary!!

@twodimes yum cake!!! I think you should request more samples of your cake.

@jenjen047 have fun dress shopping! If they let you take pictures, AW them!

@southernpeach89 that is an awesome maternity program! The 12 weeks alone is amazing, and then the transition, more businesses should offer that. 

So yesterday we ended up deciding to visit my bf's family for his grandma's birthday.  I left work and went on a hunt to find a birthday gift for her.  Ended up getting her a lavender spa gift set; so did his cousins.  So grandma is fully stocked up with lavender spa stuff now.

Tonight is house stuff and packing. This weekend will consist of lots of packing and moving things.  I also need to condense and get rid of anything I do not have space for in the new house. 

• Happy Anniversary @CocoBellaF !!

Happy Birthday, @Swazzle !!

@southernpeace89 - That is a perfect solution to returning from maternity leave!  I'm glad some companies do things like that, because the legally mandated maternity leave in this country is a joke.

I've been MIA for the last few weeks because...moving.  Oh gosh it's stressful.  I have this ever-growing list of things to do that is making me crazy.  I don't remember the last time I was on TK because everything has been so crazy!  I pick up the truck a week from today, load it, and then head out!  My BFF is helping me move...she has been a godsend the last few weeks as I get everything ready to go.  I've got an apartment lined up, and I'm starting to get excited (instead of panicked!).

Today is my LAST day of work in Oklahoma, so I'm super excited about that.  I've got 2 actual classes and 2 Zumba classes, and then I'm DONE.  This afternoon we're going to the art museum here in town and working on painting the last of my furniture.

I'm having a hard time believing that this is my last week in my hometown.  It all seems really surreal still!
  • @cu97tiger I've always wanted to see Book of Mormon, you will have to tell me how you liked it!

@speakeasy14 Good luck with packing this weekend. I love getting rid of stuff, it just makes everything seem so much more organized in my mind lol.
  • @swazzle that dress looks great!

@labro I definitely agree that opposite schedules wouldn't be the end of the world- if it was for a short and defined period of time. If he could do it just for 2-3 years I would probably be open to it. Unfortunately the way his company works through the union is that once he gives up his first shift spot, it goes to the next guy in line and he wouldn't be able to get it back until someone else retired/ gave up a spot. And nobody EVER gives up their 1st shift that they waited years to get, so he would be stuck waiting about 20 years to get that shift back. And leaving the company wouldn't be an option, as he'd be giving up pension. That's why I'm so against it, it would be a permanent move.

@mskittydanger sorry you had to leave the show early, that stinks, hope you are feeling better

@cu97tiger Have fun at the show tonight!

• @CoCobellaF - Happy Anniversary!!

@Swazzle - Happy Birthday!! Also, I love your dress, so cute!

@southernpeach89 - Wow, your company has really great maternity leave policies!

@caseface5- That's so exciting that your uncle can finally make it here for a visit!

@jenjen047 - You're going to Vows?! I'm so jealous, I've been binge watching I Found the Gown a lot lately :) Please AW tomorrow!!

@cu97tiger - Have fun at The Book of Mormon! I really want to see it but haven't had an opportunity to yet.

------------------------------------------------------

There's not much new going on with me. Work is boring and I'm applying to more jobs to get out of this hell hole. My mom was asking me about a guest list for the wedding and thinks we need to invite my brother's girlfriend's parents, who I have literally never met. I really don't give shit if we invite them or not I just think it's weird that when I asked "Who do you think needs to be invited" they made that list.

I was researching venues last night and found one I'm really excited about. I'm going to e-mail my mom about it today and then hopefully schedule a time to go look at it.

FI and I were thinking about getting drinks with some friends tonight but he didn't finish with work until almost 10 last night so I'm guessing he's going to be way to tired to do much of anything today, so we'll probably suggesting going out Friday or Saturday instead.

• @SouthernPeach89 I am not Korean. My uncle was born and raised here and was stationed in Korea with the Marines. He fell in love, married and had two kids, so he stayed. She cheated, he left her, one kid lives here now and refuses to talk to him because he left her mother. The other kid lives there but still won't talk to him. However besides all that drama.. He remarried and his new wife is hilarious and I can't wait until they get here. He talks of moving back to the states but he's got a great job there and an established life so I don't know that he will. 

@futuremrshistorian Yay for moving day!! Good luck with the move!

@cu97tiger Have fun at Book of Mormon! 

@jenjen047 and @knockonwood5127 Hopefully you both have secured venues/dates soon!! Also @jenjen047 I've watched that show and always wanted to go there!! Someday!
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards