Not Engaged Yet

BEST DAY Thursday

13»

Re: BEST DAY Thursday

• @eilis1228 What luggage did you register for? That was the only thing I was considering really checking out in person.
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @knockonwood5127LINK and LINK. I wanted a distinctive color so I would never question which bags were mine at baggage claim. They've got the spinner wheels too, which are wonderful. I got a lot of compliments on my luggage from my boss and a few random strangers at the airport. :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Swazzle said:
    @swazzle @caseface5 and any other Stitch Fix people- do you drop your returns in the blue mailboxes or bring them to the post office? It says you can put them in the mailbox but the mailboxes say you can't put in anything over 13 ounces and I don't want this package returned to me. So I was going to drop it at the PO on my lunch break but that's annoying. 
    I just bring mine to work with me and pass it off to the mail room. I'm not sure about the post office/mailbox thing. I'm sorry!
    I do the same thing. If it's close to 13 oz, I would drop it off at the post office. You shouldn't have to wait in line, just walk right up to the front and hand it to someone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• cu97tiger said:
    Swazzle said:
    @swazzle @caseface5 and any other Stitch Fix people- do you drop your returns in the blue mailboxes or bring them to the post office? It says you can put them in the mailbox but the mailboxes say you can't put in anything over 13 ounces and I don't want this package returned to me. So I was going to drop it at the PO on my lunch break but that's annoying. 
    I just bring mine to work with me and pass it off to the mail room. I'm not sure about the post office/mailbox thing. I'm sorry!
    I do the same thing. If it's close to 13 oz, I would drop it off at the post office. You shouldn't have to wait in line, just walk right up to the front and hand it to someone.

Yeah I'm definitely going to go to the PO later. I just find it odd that Stitch Fix specifically says you can drop it in the mailbox- but it definitely feels heavier than 13 oz. Just a minor annoyance since it would have been much easier to just walk across the street to the mailbox than drive to the PO. Oh well. 

• Okay, so I see several of you talking about Stitch Fix. I've had lots of friends recommend it, but I wasn't sure if it's worth it. Do those of you who use it like it very much? I'm so picky about my clothes, and I always feel like everything looks horrible on me. If I could find a way to find nice, appropriately-fitting clothes, I would love it. Shopping for clothes never works out well for me.
  • @casey1219 - I love it. I honestly hate shopping in stores because I get so fed up. I like that it comes right to my door, is in my size (most of the time), I can try it on in my bedroom, and then ship back what I don't want (or keep it all and get a 25% discount). Sometimes things are a little pricier than I would normally spend but I take into consideration the convenience of the whole process. There's always at least 1 thing that I want to keep so I don't ever lose my $20 styling fee. There has only been one box that I was really unhappy with and I even ended up keeping a pretty basic tank. I also like that if you have an event coming up or if you're in need of something specific, you can leave a note for your stylist and they'll send you what you need. I asked for a dress to wear out for my birthday and VOILA! I'm dressed :) If you're interest in a referral, feel free to PM me!

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @swazzle happy birthday! That dress is super cute! I have never heard of this Stitch Fix service but I might be giving that a try! 

@cocobellaf happy anniversary! 

I really don't want to bring down the happy mood here, but I am so fed up with my job and teammates and really need to vent/rant. I worked from 9 am to 10:30 pm last night, only taking a break to go home and eat dinner, got blamed for something that a colleague did, figured out with the person blaming me that it was not my fault, and woke to 3 new emails blaming me again from the same person for the same effing thing, that I again had to prove was not my effing fault. 

On top of that, people didn't read something I sent and tried to get away with doing less work. I sent an email clarifying exactly what needs to change, and one colleague (who was the person who messed up that I keep getting blamed for) sends me a document to read on the subject (that I have never seen before and I have been working on this for 3 months now) with my manager attached after I sent my email. This document does not change the fact that the other team needs to do more work, but it would have been nice to have it before now. This is the same colleague who cut me off in a meeting last night to repeat what I had just said. I am so effing sick of this toxic and competitive environment. And unfortunately every other position I am qualified for at other companies will have a similar environment, which is why I don't want to continue doing this. I think bridezillas would be much easier to deal with than this political bullshit only used for personal gain instead of working as a team. 

ETA: On a lighter note, FI and I did have a good laugh last night though. We have been getting huge spiders in our new townhouse, and for some reason they really like the bedroom when we only have the bedside lamp on and the overhead lights off (so it's dimmer). I saw a dark spot on the carpet last night near the dresser from afar and assumed it was another spider. FI was already in bed and I asked him to get up and kill it. It turned out to be a penny. 

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @cocobellaf HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

@swazzle HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Love your outfit today, and your hair looks pretty damn good, so Dunkies was worth it.

@knockonwood5127 We registered at BBB, Crate & Barrel, and Amazon. However, here's why:

We spent a lot of time researching what to register for (i.e. what kinds of items), and then we spent time figuring out which specific brands/types of each item we wanted. Like, if I'm registering for a comforter, I want to register for one that's going to meet our needs and one that's reasonably priced. With the exception of flatware, bowls, plates, and glassware (which I knew I wanted from C&B), it really became a matter of which stores had which items.

I very much enjoyed our experience with C&B; we went to the store to do registry completion and the sales associates were amazing. We're very, very happy with everything we got from there.

Amazon was okay. They're great because you're able to register for basically anything, so we were able to find the comforter we wanted, and a ton of kitchen items we wanted. We also registered for about 5 or 6 off-site items, which is another convenient aspect of Amazon's registry. The downsides, of course, are that item pricing and availability changes a lot on Amazon, and a lot of older or more traditional folks preferred not to use that registry.

BBB was ... eh. I was not happy with our experience with them. They failed to notify us that some of the items we registered for were being discontinued, which resulted in multiple last minute changes to our registries (rushing to find comparable items).

Registry completion was a bust. We waited about 4 months to finish registry completion, and by that point, our completion coupon had expired. They have in-store events with better discounts, which is nice, but the event was at a store that was not the closest one to us, and they RSVPed "yes" for us (like, I got a phone call because we "missed" the event when we never said we were coming). They invited us to another one, and we rented a Zipcar to go to it, but then we checked their stock and not a single item left on our registry was actually in stock in any of the local stores.

We didn't bother with any other store registries because there were only about 5 items that we wanted that weren't available through Amazon, C&B, or BBB, so we just put them on the Amazon registry.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @AuroraRose41 ugh I'm really sorry about your work situation :(

@phira @eilis1228 will you register for me? It sounds incredibly overwhelming and not fun.
  • @jenjen047 My FI and I started a shared secret Pinterest board a few months before we registered. If we thought of something we needed, we would go on to BBB's website, find the item, and add it to the board. It's a lot less overwhelming if you go item by item over a few months. There are also tons of websites with suggestions on things to register for. It was actually pretty fun!

• @eilis1228 - good tip! thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards