Not Engaged Yet

Monday Catch Up

Good morning, happy Monday!  As I type, I am just SURE that @Swazzle is going to beat me by a millisecond.  So I'm going to try to post this really fast!

How was your weekend?
Best part of the weekend?
Crappiest part of the weekend?
Mac and cheese or cheesy potatoes?

Re: Monday Catch Up

• I can't wait to see Callie's nursery, @southernpeach89!!!  You are keeping all of us in suspense!!!!
  • @Swazzle - Your necklace is beautiful!  And TBH, I think you look very pretty with no make-up.  You have great skin... PC really works for you!  Love the picture of Lucy.  She looks so sweet!
  • @southernpeach89 - I can't wait to see Callie's room! I'm sure it's beautiful! 

@cocobellaf - YUM! I looooooooooooove peaches. 

• @Swazzle - I got way too many, but I couldn't help it.  I want to go one more time in August to get some of the late peaches.  I gave some away and then peeled and froze 4 Q for smoothies and pies later.  YUM!!!
  • @cocobellaf - Thank you! I actually don't use PC anymore. I started oil-cleansing in early-April and I'm never using soap on my face again! Lucy was totally faking it in that picture, she hates the car. 

• @CocoBellaF Yum I love fresh peaches!! DH's grandparents like to give us fresh peaches from their garden around this time of the year...we may need to pay them a visit.

@Swazzle Wow! What a beautiful gift for your mom to give you! I would have cried too! Lucy is so cute! I want to kiss her!

• @southernpeach89 - I am sure there is nothing like fresh Georgia peaches.  The good ones were the Glo Havens.  Some of them were as big as (or bigger than) softballs. 
  • @swazzle - I cannot tell you the level of jealousy that I feel about that necklace. Off the charts. Also, you look gorgeous with no makeup!

@southernpeach89 - Can't wait to see Callie's room!

We had a good weekend. A couple of DH's co-workers came over Friday night. After a couple hours of sitting around chatting, DH decided he wanted to go out. It was almost 11 and I knew I had crossfit the next day, so I totally wussed out and went to bed. And I felt no shame.

Saturday we drove to Baltimore and went to the USMNT game against Cuba. We got free tickets from one of my friends, and we won 6-0, so that was awesome. We got a cheap hotel room and did a little bar hopping. It was a nice relaxing time. 

We came home Sunday, did laundry, and caught up on some shows.

How was your weekend?
    See above

My favorite USMNT player (Clint Dempsey) scored a hat-trick! Also, I finally made it to the pool, though it was only for an hour.

DH and I had to have some serious discussions about a couple things. It wasn't fun, but it was necessary and it was productive.

Both, thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Hey ladies!

How was your weekend?
    Fun and busy.

Saturday morning, H and I drove a little over an hour upstate to his friend's house. Then together, we went to the most adorable farm/ice cream stand/farmer's market/beer garden/pub and grill where H and his friend competed in a cornhole tournament. H's friend's wife joined us with their two kids who are ADORABLE and we spent the whole day eating, drinking, playing, and watching the tournament. H and his friend came in 2nd out of 31 teams! They won some money but donated it back to the charity sponsoring the event.

After that, we went back to H's friend's house and swam in the pool for a while, and then headed home.

I was a bit of an emotional mess Saturday evening. Spending the whole day with H's best friend's 3 year old and new baby made me want a baby so badly it hurt. Logically, I know we need to wait at least a little while to make sure we are financially stable enough to even think about starting a family, but emotionally...I'm on a different page. H is just the absolute best. He basically wants to do anything to make me happy "You want to have a baby? We can have one now! We'll make it work." "You want to move? Let's do it!" But I'm far too responsible and logical to make any rash decisions about big things like that, so I just need to learn how to be patient. 

BOTH. Okay, if I had to pick, mac and cheese.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @cu97tiger - I don't think I'll ever take it off. It's so sparkly, when I catch a glimpse of myself, I can't stop staring. I caught bits and pieces of the game! That's so awesome that you were there!!!!!

• @cu97tiger It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! 

@caseface5 I'm sorry I'm being such a tease lol! I promise we will have pics tomorrow! Also, that's so awkward about how your uncle was treating Tessie. I would have been extremely uncomfortable with that too and probably would have told him to stop.

@Hummingbird125 Aw DH was definitely the logical one when we were thinking about having kids...and I was the irrational..let's have them NOW! I used to get so antsy thinking about having to wait but waiting until we had our permanent home and everything was definitely the best choice for us.
  • untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @southernpeach89 YAY for the nursery!!

@CocoBellaF BF's grandma is 84 and on Mother's Day we went to her place and she learned how to take her first selfie and when she discovered that if you turn the iPhone the picture turns, she LOST it lol

@swazzle I LOVE SCRAPPLE OMG OMG OMG 

How was your weekend?
    My weekend was EXTREMELY busy. 
    Friday I did all the things I said I was gonna do, went to the gym, went to Ikea, bought my new (very very heavy) dresser, and then went to Six Flags!
    It took us FIVE HOURS to get there. It should have only taken two, but there was traffic EVERYWHERE. Every route we tried as hit with a wall of cars, so eventually we just stuck it out and hoped for the best but it was bad. We had Flash Passes, so when we FINALLY got there we acted like riding roller coasters was our job and got a lot done in the four hours that the park was still open. I had a great time!

Saturday I had a really frustrating day at work, but afterwards I went home and put together the dresser. I know Ikea instructions always say whether or not two people should do it but I like to live on the wild side. It looks GREAT and was super easy, but my cat and I got into a little scuffle over a screw cap thing that she STOLE and took off with. I caught her mid air as she was making a run for it and she screeched at me but the piece broke as it fell from her tiny mouth. It turned out fine anyway and I can always buy a new piece. 
    Then, BF and I went to Best Buy for my TV!! It was between a 42 inch LG and a 45 inch Samsung, but the LG was 100 bucks less so I got that. Good thing I did because in the store it doesn't look that big next to all the OTHER giant TVs but in my house it is HUGE. I love it. We attempted to mount it but I didn't have the right drill bit so it spent the night in my roommate's bathroom and away from the animals.

Yesterday I had a less frustrating day at work. I went across the street to the hardware store on my break and bought the correct drill bit, and then I came home and cleaned my entire house, took a much needed nap, and took a midterm (got a 92!). BF picked me up, and we went with his family to the worst mexican restaurant of all time. I hate that place, the service is awful, the food is mediocre, and I am never happy when I leave. Somehow we keep going there though lol. Finally we got back to my place at around 9:30 and an hour and a half later the TV was mounted! I am so proud of myself, I hit the stud right and everything! I started getting frustrated because I thought the mount bracket wouldn't fit on the back of the TV but then BF remembered we left two pieces in the box and turns out they were what I needed lol. I am so glad to be done with it!! I need a weekend from my weekend though.

Best part of the weekend? Finally getting my new stuff set up!!
    Crappiest part of the weekend? Sitting in traffic for five hours.
    Mac and cheese or cheesy potatoes? Mac and cheese!!!
  • @Hummingbird125 - My H and I are the same way.  I'm generally the one who handles our finances, so I'm always like "NOOOO we don't have enough moneys!!" and he's like, "We'll make it work!"  

@untouchablets - I also need a weekend from my weekend.
  • @Swazzle - I'm in love with your necklace. Now when you say "my jewels" it's not even an exaggeration

@southernpeach89 - I cannot WAIT to see the nursery.

@caseface5 - Ugh, I would be furious if someone was too rough with my dog. 

@untouchablets - I haven't been to Six Flags in years! That sucks it took you that long to get there, but it sounds like you made the most of it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @SouthernPeach89 We had every intention of telling him to stop, however Tessie did it for us. She just ignored him and wouldn't go anywhere near him! It was funny. He just wasn't following our commands, so she didn't understand him. He was asking her to "let go" of the ball. We say "drop it." He tells her to "let it go" she didn't. She walks over to my aunt, she says "drop it" she lets it go right away. He has a dog that is 95 pounds, so I'm sure his dog doesn't mind the rough play.. but 60 pound Tess was NOT having it. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Good Monday morning all!!

Basics are answered below, but weekend was good. Friday Matt was at football game, and I ended up having a migraine so I crashed before he even got home. Saturday was busy-ish. My mum got him pants for his bday, and we went to a BBQ at my boss' place. Stayed a lot later than anticipated!

Sunday was good for the most part. We were kind in a heat wave {it didn't get as humid as expected, but I guess that's good} I had to go to the store, so I picked up some ingredients for dinner only to get home and Matt go to start - ground beef went bad! We're hoping just part of it was bad and we don't have to toss whole thing. Guuhhhh

Just before I went to bed I realized how bad the a/c was leaking. I had noticed it earlier that day and put towels down, but it seemed to be more noticeable. 10pm, we're taking out the a/c and huge rush of water that was on window sill fell over! Towels. Towels. Towels.
    Angel was mad since that's where he sleeps and wouldn't go on the damp towel. Penny did ha ha!

Oh! And we found out from our venue that we're getting a complimentary candy bar! Cool!!!

How was your weekend?
    Good!

Went to a BBQ at my boss' place, found out a coworker is expecting {so I will be prob splitting myself between 2 offices while she's on mat leave} and slept in on Sunday!

We didn't get the storm that was anticipated, it was stupid hot on Sunday and our window a/c may have broken! {water leak every where -.-'!!}

Mac and cheese - unless it's double baked potatoes with cheese!!!
  • @caseface5 if it was either of my dogs, your uncle would have been VERY upset. One of them would definitely have bitten him, the other would have peed on him from fear lol
  • @swazzle I've been thinking about oil cleansing, but have been really hesitant since I have an oily scalp. What kind do you use?

@cocobellaf Peaches are my favorite. I grabbed a bunch from the farmer's market this weekend, but already need more. 

@southernpeach89 can't wait to see her nursery! 

How was your weekend? It was strange.  I went shopping Friday night, then did yoga and a wine tasting Saturday morning.  After that I crashed on the couch and didn't leave all weekend because I was too tired and/or dizzy.
    Best part of the weekend? Yoga in the winery.  It was so nice. They have yoga every Saturday before the winery opens.  I went with my best friend and we decided to do a tasting after we finished yoga.  I ended up buying a bottle to bring back to my bf. Then we decided to keep the relaxation going, and got pedicures.

Crappiest part of the weekend? Migraine hit so I spent Saturday evening and all of yesterday on the couch. I think it was because of how hot and humid it was all weekend.  Feeling much better today. 

Mac and cheese or cheesy potatoes? Cheesy potatoes

Friday I went to the outlets after work.  I waited until 7:30 though because I didn't want to deal with the crowds.  First went to banana republic and got a gray suit jacket (couldn't find this one online, but it is like THIS one but light gray), navy pants, black dress, navy and white shorts.  They started a thing like kohls cash so I combined my ordered with my mom and we got $50 BR cash.  Then we went to Ann Taylor and I got a yellow blazer and two shirts. I think I spent $100 total.

• @untouchablets I said that to BF, I was surprised that Tess didn't snap at him! I'm glad she didn't though because who knows what my uncle would have done, and in turn what BF would have done to my uncle!
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle Your necklace is GORGEOUS!!! Does anyone have any spare diamonds so I can have one too????

@CocoBellaF Nom peaches! Even if they aren't from Georgia. ;)

@cu97tiger Your weekend sounds so fun!

@caseface5 Why in the world was your uncle talking to the dog in Korean anyway? That's bizarre. Nobody would've understood him...

@untouchablets Yay new tv! And congrats on the midterm grade. Good job!

Oh man, I am SO tired this morning. This weekend was absolutely insane in the membrane.

Friday I left work a little early to go over to @southernpeach89's house to paint and eat all the pizza (and breadsticks!). I instructed her in proper painting techniques and demonstrated how to get paint ALL over the ceiling (oops....good thing our mom was there to help clean up). H and I stayed late trying to get up as much beadboard as we could but we only got about half the room done because the nursery has 50 gajillion outlets on each wall and it was a pain to basically have to cut every piece in order to custom fit them.

Saturday I dropped H off for a bachelor party downtown while the bride to be and I hung out. We took the dogs to Petsmart, did some grocery shopping, got Starbucks (and the pups got their very own "puppaccino" aka whipped cream in a cup) and then rain home in the rain. H and the groom and other guys showed up around 7 completely plastered! So we made them drink water and eat watermelon and chips until they sobered up enough for dinner. Finally we just let them have boy time in the bathroom together (taking turns throwing up) while my friend and I went to the pool for a few minutes.

Sunday was another super busy day! I had my volunteer even that I organized as part of my project manager class (PS I am now officially halfway to PMP certification with 16 hours under my belt and a cert. for my company too). The event went off wonderfully! We had about 25 people show up from my company to represent us at the charity. Everyone took different jobs packaging food and other necessary items for needy families in the area, then we delivered everything to their homes since many of these families don't have reliable transportation. It was a really wonderful and fulfilling experience and I definitely want to go back! Afterwards, I picked up H and we raced over to @southernpeach89's house again to nom on their venison burgers and finish putting up the beadboard and other trim. Tonight we're doing touch up work - need some final jabs of paint and wood putty here and there and H is going to caulk all around the edges to seal everything up.

I would choose both mac and cheese and cheesy potatoes! You can't force me to choose only one!!!

• @Labro - When do you plan to take your PMP test?  I have all my old books if you want them!  I have the Rita Mulcahy book (my favorite) and then one or two with a zillion practice test questions.  The Rita book was sooooo helpful.  It's marked up, but if you want it you can use it!
  • @LaBro He lives in Korea and both he and his wife have dogs, and they take commands in Korean so he was doing that. We told him that was why she didn't understand him. My grandma knew we didn't like it though so I'm sure she will be giving him a mouthful because that is how she rolls. 
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    @speakeasy14 I could REALLY use some yoga and wine tasting!!!

@CocoBellaF Not planning on it any time soon. I still don't have the full 32 hours and I'm not in a hurry, but thanks for the offer!

• labrolabro member
    @caseface5 I mean...you'd think a dog in the US would reasonably not understand Korean. That's what I don't get. I don't go to China and think a dog there is going to understand what the hell I'm saying unless it's in Chinese.

• @southernpeach89 I can't wait to see the nursery.  I love some of the swatches that came in from Restoration Hardware so we might get bedding from there.

@swazzle beautiful necklace! I'm going to have to remember those books you just read, they

@cocobellaF All of those peaches sound so good.  I love peaches. 

@hummingbird125 I was ready the day after we got married to start having kids but I knew H wanted to wait. So we did, I had a bit of an emotional breakdown about it at one point too.   I enjoyed the extra things we got to do while waiting that we probably wouldn't have done, like vacation and home renovations. 

How was your weekend?
    It was pretty good, nothing too exciting.  Friday I was home studying.  H had hockey games.  Saturday I studied while H was working on the walkway.  I also went grocery shopping in the morning.  I went to Target also and bought a pink onesie for the baby, it was my first baby purchase really.  Saturday night we went to the local carnival, and had so much good food and of course zeppoles! They had fireworks that night too.  Sunday H finished the walkway and I was studying most of the night.  I did take a study break for True Dectective.
    Best part of the weekend? Carnival and fireworks on Saturday.  Hopefully knowing this is my last weekend of studying.

Crappiest part of the weekend? Spending so much time studying when I want to be done and relaxing. I also had a lot of pain this weekend just stretching but ouch. 

Mac and cheese or cheesy potatoes? Can I have both??

Anniversary

• @LaBro Yeah, I get that. IDK he was acting weird all around yesterday. 
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards