Favors

Folding fans and...?

Hello. We are going to be having a beach wedding in Florida so despite the wedding being in November it is still going to be warm. We were thinking of doing folding fans as favors, but I'm thinking that fans are more of a girly favor and was wondering what some ideas would be for the males. We were considering fedoras but also wanted some more options. Any ideas? Thanks, Jessica.

Re: Folding fans and...?

• Hello. We are going to be having a beach wedding in Florida so despite the wedding being in November it is still going to be warm. We were thinking of doing folding fans as favors, but I'm thinking that fans are more of a girly favor and was wondering what some ideas would be for the males. We were considering fedoras but also wanted some more options. Any ideas? Thanks, Jessica.
    Food. Honestly, edible favors are the only things I have ever seen as favors that most people liked and took. Folding fans (the fuck am I supposed to do with a folding fan after the ceremony?) and a lame hat (IMHO) are useless to my husband and I. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    I'd love a fan at an outdoor FL wedding, I'm sure, but don't call it a favor. And Fedoras? Oh, my, no. Just skip favors.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Another vote for edible favors.

If you want fans for your guests, I suggest you do ceremony program fans.

• Another vote for edible favors.  Fans are not favors - they'd be used for comfort during the ceremony but would get tossed aside afterwards.  And please no fedoras.
  • I was at a wedding recently and they did fans and handkerchiefs.

And I agree no fedoras. lol
  • No to all of your ideas.  Sorry, but what the hell am I going to do with a fan once your wedding is over with?  And if I was given a fan then I would feel the need to flip it open all.the.time...

And fedoras for the men?  Are you going to ask for everyone's hat size?  If not then you are going to run into problems of the hat not fitting many of your guests.

Look I get that you are trying to bring in the feeling of your location with your favors but do that with food.  Everyone loves food.  So why not try and find something edible that is popular in the area you are getting married?

• I was to have a beach wedding (stupid weather). Anyway, we had a basket of fans for our guests.  NOT as a favor (although it was there to take), but as a possible necessity for having to sit in the sun.  It didn't have feathers or anything like that, so it wasn't too "girly".   It ended up being kind-of hot under the tent during the ceremony and they were used by both men and women.

Our favor was a candy bar.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards