Chit Chat

I lost my pants

How do you lose pants??  They're some of my favourite Lulu capris and I can 't find them anywhere - laundry is done, they're not drying, not in the hamper, closet, sports bags.  I just ordered another pair, so I'm sure the old ones will turn up as soon as I cut the tag off.  I'm missing my black lulu hoodie too, but leaving it somewhere makes a bit more sense.  But pants??  It's not like I came home pants less one day 

What weird things have you lost??

Re: I lost my pants

• I have two wedding bands, an eternity one and a plain one to match DH's.  I lost the plain one on the day of my wedding, after I had photos taken of them together!

I did find it later on, but who loses their wedding band on their wedding day?? 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I hope you find them!

I have had stuff like that happen - I lost my favorite Free People tank and then randomly found it in H's dresser when I was putting his T-shirts away.

• I should search DH's stuff again.  He's been looking too though.  

@luckya23 - glad you found the band.  I'd feel horrible if I lost that.  

• I remember losing my favorite hoodie in college, it was from Abercrombie and I spent some $$$ on it (which is very unlike me), but it was so comfy and it disappeared less than 6 months later. I was very sad, always figure someone took it because where else would it have gone.
  • I have these coasters with vintage cowgirls on them (similar to my Avatar photo).  I moved a bunch and somehow lost the coasters... not sure how.  I found them 3 years later inside a box that was inside a box.  I don't know how they ended up in there (well I obviously put them there, but yeah).  I was so happy to find them.
    Married 9.12.15
  • A gym bag that had shoes, a full outfit and waterbottle in it. (And who knows what else).

When I was selling my house my mum helped me go through and clear out a bunch of old crap. My gym bag was sitting at the front door and I swear that my mum scooped it up with a bunch of junk that she had piled at the door and threw it out. She swears that she would never have mistakenly thrown out a gym bag.

The gym bag has never reappeared. Sigh. What an expensive 'mistake'
  • I lose cardigans lol. I eventually find them, but they just POOF away.

Pants are a little weird though haha.

• A few months ago I was sure that I had accidentally recycled my driver's license. After I got a new one, it arrived in the mail. Some kind soul found it in the parking lot at the airport and mailed it to me. Which is handy because now H has one for when I don't want to carry my purse.

At one point my H had 3 licenses because he thought that he kept losing them.  Well turns out after getting the third one that he never lost the licenses but rather just put them in a different slot in his wallet.  I guess checking his wallet thoroughly never occurred to him :)

• Awe man, that makes me so angry! I have lost 3 north face fleeces, not happy about that, and managed to lose some great work out pants as well, I know the struggle :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't find my black bra.  I thought it would turn up in the laundry, but it's been about a month and it hasn't.  Next step is to get down on my hands and knees and search under beds and dressers to see if it got kicked somewhere "out of the way".  Grr.
  • We have lost cutlery and discovered this the other day. We're down to 3 forks. Luckily my mum reminded me we were given a cutlery set {which I just figured would be used on fancy occasions} and pulled all the forks out.

Who loses forks!? Seriously! They never leave our place!
  • We have lost cutlery and discovered this the other day. We're down to 3 forks. Luckily my mum reminded me we were given a cutlery set {which I just figured would be used on fancy occasions} and pulled all the forks out.

This happens at my office... forks are a hot commodity here apparently.
    Married 9.12.15

That reminds me that we lost a steak knife. We have a block with eight slots for steak knives. One day, one was gone. And it's SUPER annoying to me to see that one empty slot. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

That reminds me that we lost a steak knife. We have a block with eight slots for steak knives. One day, one was gone. And it's SUPER annoying to me to see that one empty slot. 

FI threw out a steak knife in a pizza box... The empty slot annoys me to no end!
  • Our work cutlery disappears over the year.  Never does show back up.  

We've lost our good scissors (also from the knife block).  Pretty sure DH used them and put them mown in the garage or similar and we'll stumble across them one day

On a good note, my new pair shipped today!!

This happens at my office... forks are a hot commodity here apparently.
    at work it makes sense but we don't take cutlery out of the apt -.-'

THIS! Our old knife block had crappy plastic and H went to cut a piece of cheese {cut the cheese .... ahahaha I still laugh!} and the handle broke!! Wasn't the first either.
    We were going to get a new block after the wedding, but as a shower gift his 2 aunt's and his nanny pitched on a really good knife block where the metal goes all the way down.

• We also have a knife block and one of the steak knives is missing. I told FI that one of us may have thrown it away on accident but he swears he would never mistakingly throw out a steak knife, even though he mistakingly threw out the scissors that went with it. Eh, maybe it'll still turn up somewhere.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    When I was in University, someone stole an entire load of my laundry out of the washing machine. And as a University student with no money, they stole practically all my clothes. The washer wasn't even done when they took them. I was so mad.
  • A few years ago, when my mom and I moved, we lost our fancy wooden version of Scrabble.  I miss that thing, we have a standard version now but it doesn't compare much.

someone I know had that happen and realized her MIL would throw them away instead of putting in the sink or dishwasher - like real forks!!
  • Awe man, that makes me so angry! I have lost 3 north face fleeces, not happy about that, and managed to lose some great work out pants as well, I know the struggle :(

In college, someone left a Northface Fleece at my apartment party. I know they are expensive so I set it aside on the couch for 2 weeks if anyone wanted to come claim it and no one ever did. Score for me.

• haha I cracked up "I didn't just come home pantless one day!" That is bizarre!

I had a SUPER close call. My mom gave me a very expensive diamond bracelet years ago and one of those things that I feel like is too nice to wear on a regular basis, and I didn't want to to just leave it on my dresser in case I was ever burglarized. So I hid it in the zipper pocket of an old purse in the back of my closet. Well months later, I made a giant "donate to goodwill" bag and threw that purse in there. I literally shot up in my bed at 3am because I remembered the bracelet, and THANK GOD it was the same day so I hadn't brought the bag yet. I was able to get it out and since then I don't hide it.

• jenna8984 said:
    Awe man, that makes me so angry! I have lost 3 north face fleeces, not happy about that, and managed to lose some great work out pants as well, I know the struggle :(

In college, someone left a Northface Fleece at my apartment party. I know they are expensive so I set it aside on the couch for 2 weeks if anyone wanted to come claim it and no one ever did. Score for me.
    In college I left a NF Fleece at a friend's apartment and she found it 2 years later and returned it. Apparently people lose these often. 
  • When I was in University, someone stole an entire load of my laundry out of the washing machine. And as a University student with no money, they stole practically all my clothes. The washer wasn't even done when they took them. I was so mad.

I was doing laundry at the Laundromat down the street from my house.  I was literally a block away, so I would put my stuff in the washer, go home, come back and place everything in the dryer.  Then go home again and come back at the exact time my clothes would be finished drying.  I usually would get there a minute early, based on the amount of time on the dryer.

So I come back to the Laundromat to get all my stuff out of the dryer.  I open it up and at first, I think I had the wrong dryer because they were the wrong clothes.  So I close the door again and re-count how many dryers I was from the wall, yup, the same.  So I open the door again and look at the clothes further to realize, that it is my load, but someone else added to it!  So I loaded everything up and took it home with me!  I was waiting for someone to say something to me, but no one did.  You want to try and scam some free dryer time?  It's not happening on my watch!  There was even a nice Victoria's Secret PJ set and a few polo shirts.  It all went to Goodwill.

• ALL the ponytail holders. Years upon years worth. Sure, a few break, but most disappear out of thin air.

Where the fuck do they GO?
  • lc07 said:
    ALL the ponytail holders. Years upon years worth. Sure, a few break, but most disappear out of thin air.

Where the fuck do they GO?
    YES! I buy claw clips in packs of three ALL the time.  I think I have 2 to show for them.  I don't throw them out.  Where are they!?!

• So I potentially have the fix for the missing steak knives...FI and I had a similar scenario. His parents borrowed our knife set when we both moved home after college, and while they were borrowing it, they lost a knife. It was driving us crazy after we moved into our own place, so FI bought magnetic knife strips and we tossed our big old block and have all the knives up on the wall. TBH it has been fantastic, because we had almost no counter space to begin with, and that knife block took up about 2/3 of the space!

Going on the theme of this thread, despite my horrendous anxiety at doing this, I printed out my resume at work the other day because my printer at home can't print double sided...Well, I was worried about doing it, because I feel gross about printing personal stuff at work in general, and a resume seems like the worst thing I could print! But, I still printed two copies. Then, I got home, and I could only find one. CUE PANIC! I haven't been able to find the other, but no one at my office has mentioned finding my resume lying on the printer, and it hasn't turned up at my desk...so...I guess it's magically disappeared.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards