New York-Long Island

decisions: Milleridge inn or Crest Hollow Country Club

So me and my fiance are still looking at places but we really like milleridge inn and crest hollow.  He's leaning more towards milleridge because the atmosphere is really nice and a few of my friends had their wedding there and all had really great reviews for them.  Im leaning towards crest hollow because it has really nice gardens to take pictures in but if it rains i didn't really see any place inside to take nice pictures, unlike milleridge inn there are spots to take nice pics.  Also crest hollow is giving us a better price so far.

my other friend said to book a few hrs at chelsea mansion and take pics there like they did and this way if its rain or shine i can take nice pictures before the ceremony no matter what.  

So....... i also would like to know if any of you have been to these places and your experiences and opinoins of what i should do.  Thanks everyone!!Laughing

Re: decisions: Milleridge inn or Crest Hollow Country Club

• i choose milleridge. it hink the food and service and ambiance is much nicer.

jenny-which view are you referring to? it's on jericho tpke surrounded by trees :) are we thinking of the same place?

• Chelsea mansion is absolutely gorgeous!  I am taking my engagement photos there in a few weeks.  There are so many different things to get in pictures- there are gazebos, iron gates, ponds, trees, bushes, and the actual mansion itself.  I love that place so much!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm with ali, I like Milleridge better of those two options.  When FI and I were looking for our venue, we ended up agreeing it was a bad idea to choose anything based solely on the quality of its outdoor space, since there's never a guarantee you'll get to use the space, you know?
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_decisions-milleridge-inn-or-crest-hollow-country-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:019f26a6-13f2-4394-a0aa-dadf75a48811Post:c6d3c2f8-b300-44de-8ee8-beba259f1d62">Re: decisions: Milleridge inn or Crest Hollow Country Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: decisions: Milleridge inn or Crest Hollow Country Club : Im talking about crest hollow i think is call south beach or lounge area where they have the pool
    Posted by jennybarbie[/QUOTE]

i see what you mean. wasn't sure what you meant by 'view' though...

• wow! thank you all for your opinions.  We actually went to view Westbury Manor today and booked on the site. It has tons of picture oppurtunities inside and outside in case of rain and they really did right by us with the price.  Kiss
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_decisions-milleridge-inn-or-crest-hollow-country-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:019f26a6-13f2-4394-a0aa-dadf75a48811Post:ffbffd3a-e1f7-425e-8c8c-c1eea753f2eb">decisions: Milleridge inn or Crest Hollow Country Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]So me and my fiance are still looking at places but we really like milleridge inn and crest hollow.  He's leaning more towards milleridge because the atmosphere is really nice and a few of my friends had their wedding there and all had really great reviews for them.  Im leaning towards crest hollow because it has really nice gardens to take pictures in but if it rains i didn't really see any place inside to take nice pictures, unlike milleridge inn there are spots to take nice pics.  Also crest hollow is giving us a better price so far. my other friend said to book a few hrs at chelsea mansion and take pics there like they did and this way if its rain or shine i can take nice pictures before the ceremony no matter what.   So....... i also would like to know if any of you have been to these places and your experiences and opinoins of what i should do.  Thanks everyone!!
    Posted by moonbug521[/QUOTE]

I have been to both and I think Crest Hollow gives you allot for the price. If you don't mind a venue with more than one wedding . The food was good and service was good. Millerage is a quainter place, it all depends on your style . But I liked Crest Hollow. Allot of people I know had affairs there and we're happy . Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards