Not Engaged Yet

Thursday

Morning! How goes it?

It's rainy here today and I'd rather be at home with my babes. 

H and I finally went the community center last night and signed up for a membership! The place is SO nice and really big. There are group classes, a cardio room, a weight room, an indoor track, an indoor swimming pool, an ice skating rink, a roller skating rink, and other things I can't even think of right now. I brought my workout clothes to work with me today so that I have NO excuses. I weighed in at my heaviest weight of my life the other day and it's really affected me. Time to make changes. 

So, I'll take the train home, H will pick me up and we'll hit the gym for an hour, then we'll have dinner (we were supposed to have crockpot salsa verde chicken last night but he got home too late to start it so probably that tonight), and I'll watch BB before bed. 

I'm feeling very motivated right now!

Re: Thursday

• @southernpeach89 - I can't wait to see Baby Callie's curtains! And I hope you take pics of your Pinterest win/fail please :)

• Hahaha @swazzle I will definitely post my fail/win. It will be funny either way.
  • @Swazzle that community center sounds awesome! I wish we had something like that around here!

@SouthernPeach89 I also want to see a pic of the curtains. How close are you to your due date? I hope baby Callie comes soon, as long as she is ready!

@CocoBellaF That headband is cute! 

It is supposed to downpour all day today and tomorrow. Our payroll system messed up again so my day is going to be a total downer. Tonight I have practice, and then I am stopping on the way home to pick up pizza and wings, and home to eat all the things and watch the Pats and Steelers!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 Her estimated due date is September 22nd so a little less than two weeks away.
  • @CocoBellaF - I love that headband! I used to wear headbands all the time when my hair was longer but not since I cut it all off. 

@caseface5 - I don't like the Patriots or the Steelers but I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOOTBALL IS BACK!

• OMG have y'all watched Jillian Sipkins and Justin Willman's Drunk History video?  My day is made after watching it.
  • Swazzle said:
    @CocoBellaF - I love that headband! I used to wear headbands all the time when my hair was longer but not since I cut it all off. 

@caseface5 - I don't like the Patriots or the Steelers but I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOOTBALL IS BACK!

Most people don't, and that's fine. I'm okay being in the minority.

Tonight's game is going to be tough for me anyways fantasy wise. I have Big Ben and Antonio so I want them to do good for fantasy sake but not fan sake. 

@SouthernPeach89 So close!! Yay!
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 - I don't think you're in the minority at all. I'm not from New England so I have no reason to like them. I'm a born-and-raised-in-Philly Girl and die-hard Eagles fan :) At least we can agree on our hatred of the Jets and Giants?

• @Swazzle holy moly that gym sounds incredible! Sending all the vibes for motivation! I don't know if you were here but a bunch of us commit to a certain number of workouts this month. I know that's really helped me stay motivated.

@southernpeach89 I also want to see the fail/win strawberries!

@caseface5 FI is too excited for tonight. It's all he can talk about. He and the dog wear matching jerseys because he's convinced it makes the pats win. I can't. Luckily it's cute haha

@CocoBellaF your headband is adorable!

Need to P&R unfortunately. I have a ridic amount of meetings today but I'll try to check back and maybe add my own post at some point!
  • @Swazzle Good luck with your new gym membership! I need to get back on track too!

@southernpeach89 I want to see the curtains NOOWWW!!!!

I have nothing exciting to really report today. I didn't go for a run last night because there was a major storm and flash flood warnings and the trail I like to use runs along a creek that floods pretty easily....so yeah. I've rescheduled for tonight and it's supposed to rain, again, but if it's not bad I think I'm going to go anyway. I just need to get in 2 miles so it won't be very hard.

• @TwoDimes here's to a good audit! Our Auditors will be coming soon..ugh!

@Jenjen047 Hope your day isn't too bad. I'm hoping my new shirt comes in the mail today so I can wear it tonight. I got this off the Edelmen site:

@LaBro hope you can get your run in! I couldn't get in my workout yesterday so I joined the girls in their routine! Haha, gotta get it in somewhere.
    friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes - Fingers crossed everything goes well today! Your food party tomorrow sounds awesome! 

@jenjen047 - I don't think I was here for that. I'm not entirely sure what my actual goal is going to be, maybe I'll think about it more next week.Right now, I just need to get to the gym and do something. Anything. SO I guess that's my goal? 

@labro - We can support and encourage each other :)

• Morning everyone!

@swazzle the community center sounds awesome! I really want a gym with a pool near me that doesn't cost an appendage to use.

@southernpeach89 Aw I wanna see the strawberries! I miss eating them, I developed an allergy to them about a year or two ago and now I can't taste the deliciousness :(

@caseface5 (I am a closet patriots fan because I live in New York) I'm not terribly huge on football ya know? ;)

@jenjen047 DOGGIE AND FI JERSEY PICS PLEASE

It's supposed to rain alllllll day so I have no excuses to not get the majority of my school stuff done today.

First, errands. I decided to outsource my laundry. I CANNOT DEAL WITH LAUNDRY and it sets me up to fail because I do it and then it sits unfolded in a basket on my bedroom floor until the next round and it makes my room look messy. I don't know why laundry stresses me so much, but it does. So I'm taking it to the Wash n Fold near my house and when I bring it home nice and clean and folded all the hard work is done and I just have to put it away :)

Also I am going to do a little clothes shopping today. I need a new bra because my cat ruined one and I have a VS coupon I just got in the mail, and I want to see if I can find some early deals on cold-weather things, and I definitely need a new coat.
  • Congrats to your family on the good news, @speakeasy14!
  • @speakeasy14 WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! April 20th is my youngest sister's birthday! It's a good day to be born!

@jenna8984 Seriously not trying to be snarky, but why did you even bother asking if you don't actually care about their responses? Would you feel differently today if the conversation had swung the way you wanted it to? I mean, I think it's ok to just want validation, but I think you should be clear about it from the beginning. You asked for votes/opinions.

• @untouchablets Ughhh that totally sucks! I would hate to develop an allergy to something like strawberries. 

@speakeasy14 YAY! Congratulations!! Wishing a happy and healthy pregnancy for your sister!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    @Swazzle @caseface5 Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I am CONSTANTLY surrounded by Pats fans. So it doesn't seem like "a lot" of people hate them. They've always seemed like a pretty popular team anyway.

@untouchablets H developed a citrus allergy for around 7 years or so but it went away when he was in his early 20s. Apparently that allergy included watermelon and strawberries? I don't think I would have survived! But anyway, point is is his went away! So fingers crossed your sensitivity dies too and you can go back to eating delicious delicious strawberries!

• @jenna8984 - We paid a one-time $75 joiner's fee and then it's $50 a month for a family membership (so, for both H and myself together). That table is really nice. I have to ask, though, if you didn't want the opinions of "some strangers", then why'd you bother asking them for their opinions? Your whole statement about posting on CC comes off really snotty, IMO. 

@untouchablets - I swam when I was younger and I would LOVE to get back to that. It's such a great work out! I would have to buy a one-piece bathing suit though. I'm not sure my strapless bikini would be ideal for swimming laps in LOL Yay for shopping! Pics of what you buy!

@speakeasy14 - ZOMG!!!! How exciting! I don't want to say more in case you delete but YAY! 

• Morning!!

Didn't do much last night. Made corn and washed a couch pillow last night and I'm slowly beginning to go through our crap. My first tackle was the dining room table. I hate that it's our "catch all"

This morning I clearly need an adult. Everything was fine. Angel decided to kneed his paws {not claws! yay!} into me after the alarm went off, and that put me right back to sleep. Lol definitely the opposite of what he wanted to do!

Ended up doing my makeup because it's magically cooler now and figured I hadn't worn much recently because of the heat.
    Great. Cool. Awesome.

Heading into the office, I was trying to get my keys out of my purse. Not only did I LAUNCH my headphones OUT OF MY EARS but it was so strong that my phone nearly went with it!
    *rawr* Clearly becoming one of those days ...

Tonight I haven't planned much because I really want to keep cleaning. We're gonna try a new swanson stir-fry - garlic shrimp. I haven't had a bad one from them, so I'm pretty hopeful it'll turn out well!

@swazzle damn that community center sounds great :)

@CocoBellaF I actually really love that headband lmao I'm a leopard print fan :)

@caseface5 calling for rain here all weekend :( I vote tea, movies and lazy days!

@speakeasy14 yay for your sister! and haha, I love home videos XD
  • @Swazzle You can do it! That's good that you'll have H to motivate you too. 

@CocobellaF I watched that Drunk History video- thought is was hilarious!

@caseface5 I hate football but just wanted to say I think Julian Edelmen is so hot. Me and H were on the couch one day and there was a news clip of the Pats getting off a plane and they showed him and I was like "Who is THAT?!"

@jenna8984 that's cool that you're having your furniture custom made!

Yesterday I left work early to get my hair colored. I'm trying to just keep it a simple color close to my natural color so it's not so much maintenance- it was purplish reddish before and I needed to get it done all the time. Then I actually did a workout when I got home - blogilates thigh and butt day. Today is upper body today. I may go for a walk if it's not raining and to the blogilates workout, or at least do the workout if it's raining later. Like @swazzle I am feeling motivated today and I want to feel good about myself again!

• @minskat30 - Congrats on the loss!!  I also plan on wearing a white dress after Labor Day... waiting for it to cool down a little so I can pair it with my new ankle booties and a jacket.
  • @lavenderfield13 - I second the request for a hair AW.  I'm looking for hair inspiration actually.  Was thinking of doing highlights before India because my hair has gone ombre...and not on purpose.
  • @lavenderfields13 - I'm so glad H wanted to join too. He even said he'll take classes with me! You'd think at 30 years old, joining a gym and going to a fitness class wouldn't be terrifying but.... I seriously do not want to do it alone LOL. At least not at the beginning! I'm a wimp. Pics of your hair or it didn't happen. You know the rule! 

@minskat30 - Thank you <3 And for the record, you totally inspire me! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards