Destination Weddings Discussions

No dancing at reception

Re: No dancing at reception

• This is totally different than teasing and ribbing each other. Last I checked, CMG's husband was not a member of this board. She's making fun of him and putting him down on a forum that he doesn't read. IMO, making fun of your husband BEHIND HIS BACK is shitty. And yes, sad.
    Well you can think that all you want but that doesn't make your thinking right.  And how do you know for a fact that she is doing it behind his back?  She may very well tell him exactly what she writes on here.  He may be sitting right next to her and reading what she posts.  I don't know why you feel the need to call out CMGr all.the.time.  We get it, you are not a fan of hers, so why not just block her?  Then you wouldn't have to be so sad about the fact that she makes fun of her husband.
    So now you're telling me what I can and can't post? If she wants to make fun of her husband in 99% of her posts, I'm allowed to call it out and say it's lame. I swear, some of you just blindly defend CMG and it's baffles me. Any other poster, you'd be jumping on board saying how crappy it is to be putting your husband down. 
    Correct me if I'm wrong - when HGF was here, she made a post where she made fun of her husband, and she was practically crucified. 
    No, I am not telling you what to post.  I am merely pointing out that you feel the need to call her out on it all of the time, for what reason, I do not know.  I personally don't give a flying f what CMGr says about her H.  It is not my place to judge her relationship on some off handed, insignificant comment, especially when she is not asking me to.  I am also not a huge fan of CMGr, I disagree with a lot of what she says, so no I am not just blindly defending her. 

And I am sure that HGF got crucified because that is just how some posters are on here.  They will crucify you for pretty much everything because they think that they know all and that their way is the only way.

I guess for me if someone pokes fun at their H, I am not taking it so freaking seriously.  So what if she made fun of the way her H dances?  Maybe people shouldn't talk about their SOs at all, unless it is in a "he/she is so amazing" context.  People bitch about their SOs on here all the time, but that is okay.  However CMGr saying that her H is stubborn for not wanting to go to the hospital after a fall, or stubborn for wanting to carry luggage up an escalator, or a bad dancer, that is not okay.  I guess I just don't see the difference.

• This is the difference - it seems that the majority of her posts about him is making fun of him, or putting him down. Or yelling at him for falling off the roof, saying he's stupid and idiotic (was he reading over your shoulder for that one too?) Everyone is going to bitch about their SO. That's a natural thing. But when every post about your SO is negative, it's going to stick out. 
  • This is the difference - it seems that the majority of her posts about him is making fun of him, or putting him down. Or yelling at him for falling off the roof, saying he's stupid and idiotic (was he reading over your shoulder for that one too?) Everyone is going to bitch about their SO. That's a natural thing. But when every post about your SO is negative, it's going to stick out. 
    Well I guess this is where you and I differ.  I just don't care that she complains about her H, especially when many others do the same thing.

But it is good to know that if I bitch about my H on here that I need to balance it out with an "I love him because" post so that my complaining acceptable.

• @ShesSoCold - you said everything that I was thinking/trying to say in a much more eloquent and clear manner :)

• It's good to know I'm not entitled to have my own opinion, and that I can't point out things I find interesting. 

You guys post whatever the hell you want. Just as I will. I merely made a comment regarding what I see as constant bashing. 
  • It's good to know I'm not entitled to have my own opinion, and that I can't point out things I find interesting. 

You guys post whatever the hell you want. Just as I will. I merely made a comment regarding what I see as constant bashing. 
    ...and the people who have responded see your comments about CMGr as constant bashing. So, at least we all agree that there is a whole lotta bashing going on up in here!
    It seems the only bashing is on my part. I stalk CMG and comment on every single thing she posts. 
    Sorry guys! I'll fall in line and become another TK-bot that fawns over CMG. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    It's good to know I'm not entitled to have my own opinion, and that I can't point out things I find interesting. 

...and the people who have responded see your comments about CMGr as constant bashing. So, at least we all agree that there is a whole lotta bashing going on up in here!
    It seems the only bashing is on my part. I stalk CMG and comment on every single thing she posts. 
    yeah, no.

CMG annoys the crap out of me sometimes.  She sometimes throws in comments that are completely irrelevant or old fashion.   Sometimes I'm like WTF is she talking about?   But there are times her advice/comments are on point or I can at least see her point of view.   I calling her out sometimes.  Other times I just roll my eyes and move on.

At least from my perception you seems to have fun just calling her out on just about everything she writes.  Apparently I'm not alone in that thinking. 

I get it, I do not agree with everything she believes either.  I guess I don't understand the need to poke a stick at her all the time.    
    It's hardly all the time. That's quite an exaggeration. Honestly, I avoid her posts mostly. Did I comment on her post on chit chat? Nope. Actually, I don't believe I've commented on any of her posts in quite a while. 

I call her out sometimes, just like you do, and especially when I disagree with what she's saying. It's hardly poking a stick at her all the time. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    It's good to know I'm not entitled to have my own opinion, and that I can't point out things I find interesting. 

yeah, no.

CMG annoys the crap out of me sometimes.  She sometimes throws in comments that are completely irrelevant or old fashion.   Sometimes I'm like WTF is she talking about?   But there are times her advice/comments are on point or I can at least see her point of view.   I calling her out sometimes.  Other times I just roll my eyes and move on.

At least from my perception you seems to have fun just calling her out on just about everything she writes.  Apparently I'm not alone in that thinking. 

I get it, I do not agree with everything she believes either.  I guess I don't understand the need to poke a stick at her all the time.    
    It's hardly all the time. That's quite an exaggeration. Honestly, I avoid her posts mostly. Did I comment on her post on chit chat? Nope. Actually, I don't believe I've commented on any of her posts in quite a while. 

I call her out sometimes, just like you do, and especially when I disagree with what she's saying. It's hardly poking a stick at her all the time. 

The difference IMHO is that @lyndausvi, myself, or others will call her out, but also respond to her posts positively when she makes a valid point. I don't think I have seen you respond positively to her posts at all recently. You either ignore her posts or post something negative. Again, you can post however you want, but it's obvious to me and others that you really don't care for CMGr and would rather see her gone. You have every right to feel that way, of course, but your displeasure is extremely obvious.
    So, let me see if I am understanding this correctly. It's OK if CMG annoys the crap out of me, like Lynda admits. I can disagree with her. But I've also got to blow sunshine up her ass? 

I'm not fake. If I don't like someone, they know it, which is exactly why you will never see me comment FAKE NICENESS on her posts. 

You guys keep telling me I can post whatever I want, but then tell me what I should be posting. Do you really not see that?
  • lyndausvi said:

yeah, no.

You may not have commented on it but you certainly referenced it in one of your responses to her on here.  So obviously you read it.

• lyndausvi said:

yeah, no.

You may not have commented on it but you certainly referenced it in one of your responses to her on here.  So obviously you read it.
    Correct. I read it. And did I poke a stick at her in there? Nope. 
  • lyndausvi said:

yeah, no.

The difference IMHO is that @lyndausvi, myself, or others will call her out, but also respond to her posts positively when she makes a valid point. I don't think I have seen you respond positively to her posts at all recently. You either ignore her posts or post something negative. Again, you can post however you want, but it's obvious to me and others that you really don't care for CMGr and would rather see her gone. You have every right to feel that way, of course, but your displeasure is extremely obvious.
    So, let me see if I am understanding this correctly. It's OK if CMG annoys the crap out of me, like Lynda admits. I can disagree with her. But I've also got to blow sunshine up her ass? 

I'm not fake. If I don't like someone, they know it, which is exactly why you will never see me comment FAKE NICENESS on her posts. 

You guys keep telling me I can post whatever I want, but then tell me what I should be posting. Do you really not see that?
    I don't believe anyone told you how to post. We've simply noticed that you don't/haven't/won't respond to CMGr in any way unless it's negative or to call her out. There's a difference between pretending you like someone and faking nice and derailing countless threads because you can't stop yourself from snarking on unrelated bits of her posts.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited October 2015
    lyndausvi said:

yeah, no.

I don't believe anyone told you how to post. We've simply noticed that you don't/haven't/won't respond to CMGr in any way unless it's negative or to call her out. There's a difference between pretending you like someone and faking nice and derailing countless threads because you can't stop yourself from snarking on unrelated bits of her posts.
    Please point out one thread besides this one where I derailed the topic. 
  • lyndausvi said:

yeah, no.

No you didn't.  But you used the reference from that thread to poke a stick at her here.  So...

• lyndausvi said:

yeah, no.

No you didn't.  But you used the reference from that thread to poke a stick at her here.  So...
    So what? I used it to make a point. I had just read that thread, and then saw her poking fun at her H in here, hence my comment. 
  • lyndausvi said:

yeah, no.

So what? I used it to make a point. I had just read that thread, and then saw her poking fun at her H in here, hence my comment. 
    So even though you didn't comment in the actual thread on chit-chat you still called her out for what she wrote in that thread on here.  Same difference if you ask me.

•  

lyndausvi said:

yeah, no.

I do not think it's right to be fake. I despise fake people and I don't believe in blowing sunshine up anyone's ass. However, being cordial when someone makes a valid point is a normal part of being a human being IMO. You have to admit, that at times, almost everyone makes valid, good points, even CMGr. I'm not saying you should respond to her posts just to make a point of being cordial. However, I have just never seen cordial posts between you and her. So, based on that observation, and the observation that you are quick to post to CMGr when you don't agree with her, it seems you are going out of your way to be mean to her. You may not set out to do that, but that is how it comes across.

• I'm not going to cite examples for you. This isn't congress and TBH, I don't really care. But you're welcome to look for any and all threads that have you responding to CMGr to answer your own question.

I don't know why you can't just admit that you intentionally call CMGr out. That's the point I'm (and I believe others) are trying to make here. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Yes, I intentionally call someone out when I disagree with them. It's the same thing I do when someone is saying they're having an outdoor wedding with no heat in the winter. 

You don't need to cite examples, but then don't say that I derail "countless" threads when I haven't done that at all. There's no truth to it, and you have nothing to back up that claim. 

• Yes, I intentionally call someone out when I disagree with them. It's the same thing I do when someone is saying they're having an outdoor wedding with no heat in the winter. 

You don't need to cite examples, but then don't say that I derail "countless" threads when I haven't done that at all. There's no truth to it, and you have nothing to back up that claim. 

So now you're telling me how to post? At the same time as being unhappy that you think others are telling you how to post?

So now you're telling me how to post? At the same time as being unhappy that you think others are telling you how to post?
    You're right. You're free to post whatever baseless accusations you want. 
  • This is the equivalent of "I feel sorry for your husband", right? If so, I just need CW to say "drink the knottie koolaid" I'll have a bingo!! :smirk:

News flash, nobody needs you to save us from CMGr, especially not her husband. As not cute as you think her husband jokes are, yours are even less so.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• This is the equivalent of "I feel sorry for your husband", right? If so, I just need CW to say "drink the knottie koolaid" I'll have a bingo!! :smirk:

News flash, nobody needs you to save us from CMGr, especially not her husband. As not cute as you think her husband jokes are, yours are even less so.

Lulz. As if I'm trying to save you all from her. That's hilarious. Ok TK-bots. Back to work!
  • This is the equivalent of "I feel sorry for your husband", right? If so, I just need CW to say "drink the knottie koolaid" I'll have a bingo!! :smirk: News flash, nobody needs you to save us from CMGr, especially not her husband. As not cute as you think her husband jokes are, yours are even less so.
    Is there booze in the knottie koolaid, and if so, what's the ABV?  I could really use a stiff drink today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards