November 2015 Weddings

Private Party

Hi, I was hoping for some advice. I'm not very girly so I feel like a fish out of water planning this thing. We're getting married in November. One side of the family has a severe distaste for alcohol. In order to not make a big deal of it and to reduce the cost of providing alcohol for the whole group, we're having a kind of after reception party where alcohol is invited. These invitations are a secret part of the invite. They say "Please quietly join us for an after party." and things of that nature. 
What should I write on the envelopes for these mini inserts???

Re: Private Party

• Hi, I was hoping for some advice. I'm not very girly so I feel like a fish out of water planning this thing. We're getting married in November. One side of the family has a severe distaste for alcohol. In order to not make a big deal of it and to reduce the cost of providing alcohol for the whole group, we're having a kind of after reception party where alcohol is invited. These invitations are a secret part of the invite. They say "Please quietly join us for an after party." and things of that nature. 
    I wouldn't have an after party for only one side of the family. That sounds like a huge potential for hurt feelings.

I would just invite everyone, but spread the word that alcohol will be available at the after party. The family members that have a distaste for alcohol may choose to not attend, but I would leave that up to them. They can choose to drink something other than alcohol, but may just want to spend time with you and your FI, and other friends and family.

• Bad idea.

Don't make a big thing out of it and try to keep it secret. Just tell everyone about the after party and those who do not wish to drink don't have to show up. How the alcohol nay-sayers react should not be of concern to you.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Pupatella said:
    Hi, I was hoping for some advice. I'm not very girly so I feel like a fish out of water planning this thing. We're getting married in November. One side of the family has a severe distaste for alcohol. In order to not make a big deal of it and to reduce the cost of providing alcohol for the whole group, we're having a kind of after reception party where alcohol is invited. These invitations are a secret part of the invite. They say "Please quietly join us for an after party." and things of that nature. 
    I wouldn't have an after party for only one side of the family. That sounds like a huge potential for hurt feelings.

I would just invite everyone, but spread the word that alcohol will be available at the after party. The family members that have a distaste for alcohol may choose to not attend, but I would leave that up to them. They can choose to drink something other than alcohol, but may just want to spend time with you and your FI, and other friends and family.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards