Not Engaged Yet

Wild Wednesday

2»

Re: Wild Wednesday

• Jeez .... I love everyone's stories! Mine are awful in comparison lol!

Sappy moment: "All my Life" by KC & Jojo was just on the radio AND a year ago today we announced being engaged. Total sappy moment here!
    and now "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson .... this is just a sappy day!
  • Sorry for being a bad friend and not responding to anyone. Today was seriously awful. My grandmother is in the hospital with kidney failure and a brain infection, and it's not looking good. FI and I spent the day rearranging our schedules so that we can join my whole family this weekend in either saying goodbye or burying her. We're going to drive the 5 hours Friday afternoon and turn around drive 5 hours back Saturday afternoon because we have wedding and family things that can't be cancelled/rescheduled on Sunday. In between spending most of the day crying randomly, I still have wedding guests sending FB messages asking if they can be special snowflakes with their RSVPs. I literally cannot with them today. Our numbers aren't due until Friday, but I told FI I'm turning them in tomorrow simply so we can tell everyone, "Sorry, no can do, final numbers have already been given to the venue" the next time someone asks that they be an exception to the rule. This is also all happening on the crampiest, grossest day of my period, and after a night of very little sleep due to high levels of stress. I would very much like to partake in wine, chocolate, gummy bears, and french fries, but nooooo I have to be good and fit into a wedding dress in 16 days. If this sort of stuff keeps up over the next 15 days, my ass will eat ALL the wedding cake before my guests can even touch it. 

What's the worst punishment you received from your parents growing up? What was it for?
    Ummm I never really had anything worse than being grounded happen to me. Nothing was ever taken away that I can remember. I never lost phone or car privileges. I was a pretty straight-laced kid who stayed out of trouble.
    Have you ever been so drunk that you puked?
    That basically describes every weekend in college. I have a couple of favored drunk puking stories. 1. My roommate and I went to play cham-pong (yes, that's right, champagne instead of beer. Fantastic idea.) at a friend's apartment. She also had Everclear-soaked fruit, which we had tons of. So after a really fun night with quite a few terrible games that we lost badly, my roommate and I decide it's time to leave. We are 10000 sheets to the wind by this point, and as soon as we step outside and cold air hits us, my roommate starts puking uncontrollably. It was almost instantaneous lol. We called a friend to pick us up, and she hung her head out his truck and puked the whole way home.
    2. Later on in college, I drank a whole bottle of wine one night. I woke up covered in red stuff, and I started freaking out thinking it was blood. Nope, just wine-colored vomit. Don't even remember doing it. #klassy

Have you ever been arrested?
    Negative, though I have received a ticket for jay-walking, sooooo I'm basically a hardened criminal.

Tell me a wild story from when you were in high school/college/20s.
    My ex-boyfriend lived with like 10 guys, and they threw epic parties pretty much nightly. We had a giant slip and side brought in once, and I remember a shot block party once too. Ummm... at one of those parties I got so high, that I started imagining piano riffs lol. Like, I could hear them clear as day, but there was no music. I was also so high that my joints (knees, elbows) felt really warm, I was paranoid I would piss myself, and I was hallucinating a tiny bit with the bumps in the ceiling. 

Can you tell I had a good time in college? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • audrewuh said:
    I slept almost a full 14 hours last night. After spending two days painting one wall in our youth hall, I was wiped. 

Today has just been catching up and figuring out all my shit for the rest of the month. October is busy, y'all!

@speakeasy14 - DYING at your sex kitten story! My BFF got so drunk at her bachelorette she took all her clothes off and shut herself in the hotel closet. Maybe it's something about a small dark space that is comforting to a drunky-drunk?

What's the worst punishment you received from your parents growing up? What was it for?
    I lost my car keys/cell phone for a month because I came home after curfew from a school dance. My curfew was 10 pm. Then I got my car keys/cell phone taken away when I bought a mini skirt. And basically any time I got anything below a B in a class. It never lasted more than a few days because my parents didn't want to drive me to church twice a week. Except for that school dance one. I really pissed off my dad with that one. 

A few times. The most recent was at Quilt Retreat back in May. I had to drive back to the city to meet up with @eilis1228 and go BM dress shopping. I puked in the men's restroom at a nasty gas station and then again three times, once for each stop light, in a complex intersection by my house. 

Nope! Everyone else in my family has that covered. 

Oh man. Where to begin? @southernpeach89's story reminds me of the GTG in the Finger Lakes when @helloliv convinced everyone, including myself and @buddysmom80, to jump into the lake buck naked at 2 in the morning. 

And @AlPacina and @minskat30's stories remind me of @eilis1228's bachelorette party when I made out with two of the bridesmaids. 

• @eilis1228 so sorry about your grandma. Sending hugs your way. -- I was once pulled over for jay walking. The cop lets us go with a warning hahaha
  • @speakeasy14 Thank you! I just heard that the doctor has basically said there's no hope, and she'll pass very soon. :( Also, LOL at the cops letting you go with a warning! I wish the cop had done that with me! They were doing a jaywalking sting. Yes, a STING! Ridiculous.

• @eilis1228 - I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.  All my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
  • @eilis1228, I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts.
  • @eilis1228 - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
  • @eilis1228 - I am so sorry that you're about to lose your grandmother. I hope that cake tastes extra incredible, and fuck the special snowflakes! I just wish I could *hug* you for real.

• @eilis1228 - Oh no, I am so so sorry! Big hugs <3

• Just read about your grandma, @eilis1228.  Big hugs.
  • @eilis1228 So sorry to hear about your grandma <3

• @eilis1228 So sorry about your grandma :( I hope people quit bugging you too!

• @eilis1228 - I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending you lots of hugs & love <3

*******************************************************************************************

• @eilis1228 I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother! Thinking about you and sending lots of hugs!
  • Thanks for all the hugs, you guys. I teared up reading all of your kind words. I love this group of women! <3

• audrewuh said:
    I slept almost a full 14 hours last night. After spending two days painting one wall in our youth hall, I was wiped. 

Today has just been catching up and figuring out all my shit for the rest of the month. October is busy, y'all!

@speakeasy14 - DYING at your sex kitten story! My BFF got so drunk at her bachelorette she took all her clothes off and shut herself in the hotel closet. Maybe it's something about a small dark space that is comforting to a drunky-drunk?

I lost my car keys/cell phone for a month because I came home after curfew from a school dance. My curfew was 10 pm. Then I got my car keys/cell phone taken away when I bought a mini skirt. And basically any time I got anything below a B in a class. It never lasted more than a few days because my parents didn't want to drive me to church twice a week. Except for that school dance one. I really pissed off my dad with that one. 

A few times. The most recent was at Quilt Retreat back in May. I had to drive back to the city to meet up with @eilis1228 and go BM dress shopping. I puked in the men's restroom at a nasty gas station and then again three times, once for each stop light, in a complex intersection by my house. 

Nope! Everyone else in my family has that covered. 

Oh man. Where to begin? @southernpeach89's story reminds me of the GTG in the Finger Lakes when @helloliv convinced everyone, including myself and @buddysmom80, to jump into the lake buck naked at 2 in the morning. 

And @AlPacina and @minskat30's stories remind me of @eilis1228's bachelorette party when I made out with two of the bridesmaids. 

I.... uh... 

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards