Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friday Fun

Re: Friday Fun

• Options
    TwoDimes said:
    @minskat30, we'll probably stop at some good Chicago-area eats while we're there. That's half the fun of visiting! Most times we visit we'll pick up Lou Malnati's pizza on the way into town so we can bring dinner to the ILs. The luncheon after the baptism is at Biaggi's (although we have one of those here, too). Typically when we leave to go home, it's this huge stressful ordeal: MIL waits until the minute we're leaving and then somehow comes up with a million ways to delay our departure, and by the time we finally leave the house H and I are tearing our hair out, on the verge of screaming, and exhausted. So it's become tradition that we stop at Portillo's on the way out of town to decompress before the car ride home :)
    Yum to all of this food.  I miss Chicago food, man.  Your MIL sounds stressful as hell though.
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 - TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Options
    @beanbot2002 - Wedding nightmares are totally normal, unfortunately.  The stress will get to you anyway it can.  I'm sorry.  The wedding gift for your Dad sounds incredibly sweet.  I hope he likes it.
  • Options
    Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes or things like that? If yes, tell me about them obviously. If no, why not? No subscriptions.  Not sure really nothing has really appealed to me

Do you like scary movies? If yes, what are they? If no, what's wrong with you?  Yes I love them!

What's the weather like where you are? It's cool this morning I think to get into the 60's later or whatever @swazzle says

If you could have someone come and handle some kind of chore around the house for free, what would it be? cleaning

You have 2 weeks and unlimited funds. Where do you go/what do you do?  Italy

What are you wearing today?Jeans white tank top and a greenish brownish sweater.

I am in an awful mood today.  I am so upset with delays and trying to conceive again.  I have to get an MRI done of my brain, and we have to go see a genetic counselor.  I know this is to ensure we have a healthy baby, but the set backs and delays are so upsetting and stressful.

I'm sorry I keep talking about these things.  I just want to go home and curl under blanket and sleep. I'm trying not to let it spoil my weekend or girls night tonight.

Anniversary

• Options
    minskat30 said:
    Swazzle said:

Re: night terror/nightmare: obviously I could have googled "night terror" to get the scientific definition, I just wasn't sure if what you guys were referring to was the same as a nightmare. 
    Ha!  True, sorry.  Sleep paralysis is definitely not the same as a nightmare.  You remain aware and think you are fully awake while your body shuts down for sleep (for me, it is usually accompanied by a hallucination surrounding the sounds occurring around me...so the heater turning on in our house becomes someone breaking into the house and standing over the bed watching me) but you can't move your body.
    My response wasn't really to you! That sounds legitimately terrifying. 

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 - There is zero reason to apologize and I don't blame you at all for being in an awful mood.  I would be a right bitch if I had to be so stressed/delayed/frustrated.  I'm so sorry.  When do you get the MRI done?  Are you able to see the genetic counsel soon?
  • Options
    @lavenderfields13 yes I love it! The handle is heavy and feels expensive and you can choose the number of blades in your razors, I use three but I think you can get up to 6. They can come once a month or every other month like mine, since I don't have to shave my legs more than a couple times a week.

I think I AM gonna try stitch fix.... my Thanksgiving trip is coming up and I could definitely use new outfit options to ease my anxiety about the whole thing lol.
  • Options
  • Options
    @TwoDimes Well, boo. That sounds significantly less fun. But! Free pizza!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@eilis1228 I can't fin the EXACT one because mine is 2 years old but it's basically THIS

mine has neon yellow letters. also loving your leopard flats.

@peaseblossom55 I'm sorry, hope you have appointments soon

• Options
    @alpacina you send awesome gifts! @swazzle where's the picture of you stuffing your face with them? 

I need to go shopping this weekend so I can get goodies for @eilis1228.  I suggested we do a pen pal thing, which got me really excited.  Would anyone else want to do it? 

@peaseblossom55 don't apologize for being upset/frustrated/angry.  You have every right to be.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out soon for you!

Tomorrow we're going to a cider fest with a bunch of my friends.  There's 15-20 cideries plus 
    8 wineries.  You get a stemless wine glass with admission and can taste all the cider and wine you'd like for 4 hours.  There are also a bunch of food trucks. I'm so excited to try all the cider, wine, and food!

Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes or things like that? If yes, tell me about them obviously. If no, why not? 
    I have stitch fix, but I don't think I'm going to use them anymore.  The only other monthly subscriptions I have are Netflix and Spotify.  I want to sign up for THIS wine club; I started the quiz and got my results.  I'm not sure if PA allows them to be delivered, so have to check out the rules before I spend the money
    Do you like scary movies? If yes, what are they? If no, what's wrong with you? No. I don't do scary anything. I'm a huge chicken.  --- In case you forgot after I saw Psycho I couldn't shower unless someone was sitting in the bathroom with me for a good year.

What's the weather like where you are? Gorgeous fall weather.  Not too cold, not too hot.  And everything is gorgeous colors.

If you could have someone come and handle some kind of chore around the house for free, what would it be? -- Vacuum all the dog hair.  

You have 2 weeks and unlimited funds. Where do you go/what do you do? -- Europe.  Start in Madrid and work my way through as many cities and countries as possible. 

What are you wearing today? I want pictures. -- Wearing some of the things I bought last weekend.  Lavender blazer, white and black polka dot tee, black dress pants, black bow heels.
  • Options
    @minskat30 Poor Raj, extra warm snuggles! And yay baby scan!!

Urg what a busy morning already!

My plan last night was to swing over to Value Village across the street and browse some home decor, but I was legit so hungry I opted to stop by Denny's next door to my work for dinner. Matt's not a breakfast person {mainly because he hates eggs} so I like going because I can get breakfast whenever. That being said, I always order the French Toast Slam.

Anyways, headed home. Didn't do much, I felt so burnt out. My brain was creating thoughts that even made me go "what?" lol

As I mentioned earlier, today is already busy. I have 4 files on my desk I need to deal with {3 technically because I'm waiting on an email for one}
    Matt's game "Assassin's Creed Syndicate" is in, so we're stopping by the mall to pick it up. I may check out a few other stores for xmas gifts. Apparently my Sephora has the benefit brow bar ... I am in desperate need for a tidy!

Probably laundry later on, since my weekend is pretty busy.

Saturday I'm going to a PartyLite at my friend's place {candles} and I get to try some of the Steeped Tea baked goods she got. Matt's helping his buddy move, and then later on that night we're going to a birthday dinner.

Sunday I have studying and homework. I need to study for the tax quiz on Monday and my G1 that I'm taking next week.

Matt keeps saying he wants to take me driving once I pass. I was like "Nope. Got way too much to do!" I booked an appt for my eye test right after G1 test because I know they'll tell me I need to wear glasses to drive.

Month is almost over *phew*

Questions
    Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes or things like that? If yes, tell me about them obviously. If no, why not? 
    I use to. Now I just order for my mum {Ipsy} and Matt {LootCrate - fyi gamers and spouses of gamers, this is worth it!}
    Use to do LuxeBox {Canadian version of most beauty boxes} I did TeaseTea but I sell tea now .... so I don't want it. lol

Do you like scary movies? If yes, what are they? If no, what's wrong with you? 
    Nope. I'm a huge pansy and can't handle it. SAW scared the fuuuckkk outta me. I saw Urban Legends {first} and refused to walk into the bathroom with curtains closed or walk past our basement if it was night time for far too long after the movie.

What's the weather like where you are?
    Sunny. Going to be +9 later {for you Americans, that's 48}

If you could have someone come and handle some kind of chore around the house for free, what would it be? 
    Cleaning. Lol

You have 2 weeks and unlimited funds. Where do you go/what do you do? 
    Europe. Paris, London, Germany and Italy are musts. Plus quite a few places in the states. New York City/New Jersey, L.A, Chicago {I really wanna try an official Chicago deep-dish pizza} Plus more but my brain is blanking

What are you wearing today? I want pictures. 
    Jeans, cotton blousy top from H&M and heels. No photos.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - You look awesome! Omg your tomorrow sounds amazing! I want to come! That's exactly how Club W works. Do you know how much the bottles cost for that one? 

I am legit creeped out that you just asked that. Because I took one and didn't post it because I look shitty in it. But now I feel like I have to. 

• Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @jenna8984

@Swazzle They're from Nordstrom. The brand is Halogen. It doesn't look like they sell them anymore, but Sam Edelman has similar ones. LINK Unfortunately, most of my shoes are kinda pricey because it's hard to find tiny sizes. :-\

ETA: @speakeasy14 This is me right now:

• Options
    minskat30 said:
    @peaseblossom55 - There is zero reason to apologize and I don't blame you at all for being in an awful mood.  I would be a right bitch if I had to be so stressed/delayed/frustrated.  I'm so sorry.  When do you get the MRI done?  Are you able to see the genetic counsel soon?

The genetics appointment is already next Thursday.  I'll know about the MRI later today.

Anniversary

• Options
    @Swazzle - Thank you!  I usually wear contacts, but I love these glasses so much that I haven't worn my contacts in a few days now.  But that might be part of why I'm feeling sleepy all the time, since usually I only wear my glasses when I'm bumming around.

Also: now I'm going to have to get cupcakes when I stop by the store later.  Thanks for enabling my addiction!
  • Options
    @wink0erin - I mistakenly did not bring any of the cupcakes with me to work, I'm drooling thinking about them now. The sweater is from TJ Maxx! 

@eilis1228 - My 2 favorite pairs of boots are Sam Edelman <3 I think you missed my joke about the shoes :( I'm on a shoe ban for the foreseeable future. 

@futuremrshistorian - I do what I can! 

• Options
    @Swazzle LOL my bad. This was me with your joke:

Too much caffeine to sit still and think properly right now!

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @swazzle hahaha love it and you!  Looks like $20 a bottle and you get 4 bottles a month.  I found them through this blog which has a link for 50% off first month. Omg they just told me that they work with people in PA so I can get wine. 

Oh -- they only have dd tickets left for the cider fest :( otherwise I'd say come with us 
  • Options
    Forgot the questions!

Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes or things like that? If yes, tell me about them obviously. If no, why not? Yes! I get two, and they are a bit $$ together, but are worth the splurge since whatever I don't want to keep can easily be gifted. One is GlobeIn, and they send artisan-made stuff from around the world. I've gotten some really cute bags (including a REALLY NICE drawstring backpack that's perfect for hiking) along with other little things. Another box I get is MyIrelandBox which send Irish stuff every month. I had planned to keep one and cancel the other but have loved both so much that I've just budgeted for it.

Do you like scary movies? If yes, what are they? If no, what's wrong with you? Yes and no. I love thrillers with a good story, but blood and guts movies don't really scare me and I'm not interested in them. I get my pants scared off by movies where the scary character is unseen and never shown (Paranormal Activity, Blair Witch). So, I don't really actively seek out scary movies, but I don't mind them much... I do have a hard time falling asleep, nightmares, or sleep paralysis when I'm scared.

What's the weather like where you are? It's actually nice today. in the low 60s right now and it's supposed to get into the upper 70s. Nice and sunny!

If you could have someone come and handle some kind of chore around the house for free, what would it be? Cleaning. Specifically cleaning any and all surfaces... floors, counters, tub, shelves, tables. I feel like if I had someone doing that stuff I'd be more likely to declutter on the reg. The clutter is what is driving me nuts right now. Oh and dishes. This person would need to clean the dishes in order to clean out the sink :)

You have 2 weeks and unlimited funds. Where do you go/what do you do?  I'm borrowing from @untouchablets here... I would buy a house in cash and make a savings account with a ton of cash for future repairs/renovations. Then I would go to Italy for the rest of the 2 weeks. I spent 2 weeks in Ireland earlier this year with a few days in different cities, time FLEW and I still didn't get to do everything, but it did allow for down time.

What are you wearing today? I want pictures. A blue sweater, black pants, black shoes, and no makeup.

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - Ahhh ok. The one I do is $13 a bottle. You fill out the questionnaire about your tastes and they give you recommendations based on that and how many bottles of red/white you want. The minimum is 3 bottles per shipment and shipping is $6 unless you buy 6 bottles, then it's free. I usually do 4 bottles but this month I did 6 because I couldn't narrow it down beyond 5 bottles and I figured I might as well throw in 1 more to get the free shipping. 

I also want more info on the penpal thing. 

• Options
    @wink0erin - GlobeIn sounds really, really cool. I'm looking on their website now. Does the "theme" change every month and everyone receives the same box? 

• Options
    @twodimes we can send each other presents, letters, whatever you feel like.  If a bunch of us do it, we could set up a rotational thing so we have a different person each time. Maybe do something once a month?

@swazzle hmm that's way better pricing. Even the shipping is less.  I'll have to see if they cooperate with PA and their stupid liquor laws. 
  • Options
    @alpacina I just got an email from work and it made me think of you.  Al Pacino is on Broadway, a show called China Doll. 
  • Options

@futuremrshistorian Love the glasses! And the earrings.

@speakeasy14 The pen pal thing could be fun! Cider fest sounds amazing, have fun!

@MissKittyDanger I've heard a lot about lootcrate, several of my friends subscribe to it and love it. I've been tempted to try it since I'm a huge nerd.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards