Not Engaged Yet

Thirsty Thursday

Morning! 

I ran around like a lunatic last night (left work, met H, shopped for the rest of our Halloween things, stopped home to let Lucy out, took my rings to get redipped so I can stop being allergic to them, went to the tailor to get my BM dress hemmed and taken in for next weekend, picked up sushi for dinner) and as soon as I got home, I had to do an in-person market research study. I was so tired and relieved to finally be sitting down, I almost cancelled but I'm getting a good chunk of change for my participation so I sucked it up and did it. 

Tonight I'm meeting my BFF in the city for drinks. She doesn't get out of work until 6 which kind of sucks (I'm done at 5) but I'm excited to see her. 

Anyone else participating in Thirsty Thursday? What will you be drankin?

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Good morning!

I am on my second cup of coffee.  It is glorious.  My house-cleaner/friend left it on my porch last night.  It has owls (one of my favorites) and it looks like fall.  I LOVE IT.

I am wearing a bralette today and it feels amazing.  

I broke down and wore boots again today.  It was in the 40's this morning when I left the house.  I'm going to miss the warm weather.

Thursdays are my longest day.  I got to work around 6:30.  I work until 4:00 and then teach from 5:00 until 7:30 or 8:00.  I am DETERMINED to work out after lessons tonight.  My clothes are snug and I know part of it is the new medication I'm taking but part of it is also me eating everything that's not nailed down.  

Today is my FRIDAY.  I'm off work tomorrow.  I have an appt with my PMDD doctor but that's it.  I'm so excited to sleep in a little bit.
  • @swazzle have fun in the city tonight! I cannot wait to see you guys all dressed up for Halloween. I wish you lived closer because I would ONLY give candy to you guys!

@cocobellaf I'm jealous that today is your Friday!

Last night I got home, changed and went to the gym. As I was walking out I realized I walked right past H's friend's GF. I felt like such an ass that I sent her a FB message (like an adult LOLZ) and apologized. I thought they went to another gym in town so it just didn't register in my head that she would be there. She was so nice about it though!

H made HC Italian Pork Chops and they were good, I couldn't finish the pork chop so H gave me his extra green beans for my pork chop.

We watched some TV and went to bed.

Today is work, then it's a busy night. I get home, I'll probably put my gym clothes on, then we have to go to the therpist. After that I'll probably just go right to the gym and H will make dinner, then an exciting night of eating dinner, watching TV and going to bed.

At least I'm leaving work early tomorrow, so I have that to look forward to.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle I need to know more about your ring situation. I'm allergic to like every metal so I don't wear any jewelry and I've always been worried that I can't wear an e-ring but I've never heard of getting them "dipped" before.

@buddysmom80 that was nice of you to send that girl a message lol I would have been SO AWKWARD and hid under a chair so great adulting!

Not much to share today. I'm off work so I'm gonna do some of the usual homework, cleaning, and errands. I have a Dr's appointment in the afternoon and then I'm meeting a lady about watching her dogs this weekend. She's got a little baby puppy so I am excited to snuggle it :)
  • @cocobellaf good luck at the dr! I really only wear my boots on the weekend, I'm being stubborn and wearing my heels and flats during the week.

@swazzle have fun tonight! I may have some caramel hot chocolate with disarrono, but that's probably as far as my drinking will go. 

So last night was interesting.  Our goal was to finish redoing the electric for the kitchen.  Well, we found out that since the house is old and has settled, the foundation has cracks. Since it was raining yesterday, puddles started developing across the basement floor. We ended up not finishing the wiring since that is not exactly safe.  While my bf was researching what he could do to stop the basement from flooding, I fell asleep.  On the dog.  My bf was nice enough to take a picture of me sleeping on her and send it to me, instead of waking me up. I woke up around midnight and just went straight to bed.  Saw the picture when I woke up this morning.

Tonight is another night of housework, as long as the basement isn't too wet. Not sure what the plan is for this weekend yet.

• I was so busy with month end at work yesterday that  I didn't even get a chance to read yesterdays 145 reply thread...someone let me know if something major happened like another pregnancy announcement or something!

H & I somehow got into this season of Last Comic Standing on tv and they crowned the winner about a month ago. So we went last night to see the live show. Usually we don't go out on work nights (because so tired the next day) but it was 15 minutes from home in a small theater and it was a good time!

Can't wait for next weekend, we are going to the Dennis Leary & Cam Neely comics show in Boston at the Garden. It's got those guys, Jimmy Fallon, Louis CK, Ray Romano, and others. We really wanted to spend the night in Boston afterwards but we can't find anything under $300 so it's really not worth it for one night.

So we're trying to set up a Boston G2G this Saturday but the pm's have died down....so let's make a plan please so I can see your pretty faces! @lavenderfields13 @caseface5 @500days @phira @jenjen047 Even if we just set a time and meet in from of Quincy Market and then wing it from there!

@swazzle nice have fun tonight!

• @speakeasy14 that is the cutest picture EVER!!!
  • @CocoBellaF - Jealous that it's your Friday! It's going to be rainy but in the 70s here today. So bizarre. 

@buddsymom80 - That meal looked so yummy but I can't do pork chops on the bone :( You're kicking ass at the gym! Keep it up! 

@untouchablets - My rings are white gold which is really just gold mixed (usually, but not always) with nickel. After time, the nickel is more prominent because the other metal can wear away. I'm allergic to the nickel (this took over 4 years) and had a bad reaction on my finger from it. I haven't been able to wear my rings for a few weeks. 

@speakeasy14 - YUM! I'm waiting for it to get cold so I can break out my hot chocolate with Amarula and I really want to make mulled wine! You're adorable <3 When's our girl's night? 

• @jenna8984 did you see if Priceline has any last minute deals? You can pick from a range of one star to five star hotels for a lot less than knowing which hotel it is. We did that on a trip to Washington DC and we got a nice hotel for half the price.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 oh good idea I had not thought of that!

@speakeasy14 that picture is soooooo adorable!

• @speakeasy14 - What sweet snuggles are going on in that picture!!
  • @jenna8984 did you see if Priceline has any last minute deals? You can pick from a range of one star to five star hotels for a lot less than knowing which hotel it is. We did that on a trip to Washington DC and we got a nice hotel for half the price.
    We did this through Hotwire once for a hotel in Miami and had the same luck! The hotel was gorgeous and the price couldn't be beat. 

• @jenna8984 I'm gonna add hotels.com to the suggestion list. BF and I found a room in the middle of Minneapolis for Thanksgiving week for DIRT cheap. I still can't believe it considering the location and time of year.
  • @cu97tiger cool I will check them out!

• No drinking for me, boo.   Although I want some hot cider wih breakfast.  I get to work from home again today.  I had my brain MRI this morning early and my doctor should have the results today.  We are meeting with the geneticist this afternoon and I have to talk with my RE tomorrow about a game plan. 

I feel so exhausted and run down, even though I was in bed super early last night.  I even missed AHS.  I just want a 24 hour day of just sleeping.  I have to present on two conference calls this morning. Blah and I have to stop working early.  This may be a post and run but I hope not. At least it's almost Friday!!!!

Anniversary

• @jenna8984 it's risky but sometimes if hotels have vacancy the day of your stay you can get it at a cheaper rate.  We did that in Atlantic City at Harrah's.  
  • @speakeasy14 - Sorry about the flooding!! That picture is adorable though.

@cocobellaf - I just finished my first Dietbet, which is a great way to lose a few pounds in a few weeks.....and win money. Check it out!

@jenna8984 - Definitely check out Priceline or Hotwire! LMK what you find.

@cu97tiger - That app sounds awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Morning all! I was up til 12 and then FI came home later with a friend and woke me up. Gr. I hate being such a light sleeper. I'm sure it'll be a 2 cup of coffee day today. I'm also running late for work but the gods of public transit smiled on me because both my trains were pulling into their stations as I arrived, so I'll be in by 9:05 even though I left 15-20 minutes late.
  • @cu97tiger I have those booties and they're super comfortable.  I like the grey wedges. Now I want a pair of grey shoes 
  • @cu97tiger - I *love* those booties SO much and you look awesome today!

@minskat30 - My skin turned red/raw and started to flake off. It hurt/burned and was itchy. If you know what eczema is like, it was pretty similar to that. I can't wait for before/after pics! 

• @peaseblossom55 - Fingers crossed the MRI results are good.  It sounds like you need a break and to treat yourself to something nice.

@cu97tiger - I love that scarf!  I also really love the gray wedges.  As to the black booties?  You can't go wrong with black booties.  I'm a shopping enabler though.  ;)
  • @cu97tiger I have very similar shoes to all of those, so I vote all of them lol

@minskat30 yay definitely show up your hair later! And that's hilarious that 100lb Raj thinks he's sneaky

• @swazzle - That sounds terrible!  I only get really dry skin sometimes.  I used to get a reaction like the one you are describing on my eyelids off all places when I was a kid...it was terrible.  I have no idea why it was only on my eyelids other than I was always rubbing my eyes as a kid.  
  • @peaseblossom55 - Thinking of you today!  I hope all the results are great and you are cleared to start TTC again.

@minskat30 - I love Rajah.  Also, please AW your new 'do!!

@cu97tiger - I have almost those same booties.  I have these in black.  LINK  I like the Franco S. brand, but they don't come small enough.  :(
  • @peaseblossom55 - I hope everything goes well today and tomorrow! Sending all the vibes and hugs! 

@minskat30 - I had a reaction like that on my eyes a few years ago! The only thing I'd used was Clinique makeup remover and I stopped using that immediately. It was so bad, my eyes were practically swollen shut. 

• @minskat30 - I demand before/after pics! Also, I always write your sn as minskate the first time.

@cocobellaf - I have a pair of Franco Sarto nude wedges that I LOVE (See yesterday's thread where I named them my co-favorite shoes), so I'm excited about them.

@peaseblossom55 - All the vibes for good results!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards