Not Engaged Yet
Options

Guess What Day It Is!

2»

Re: Guess What Day It Is!

• Options
    Oh also thanks for the heads up about DB. I advised my BMs to go elsewhere if possible.

@labro - Something in addition to the shot list? Hm...flower pics maybe? OH! The picture of your invitation with the flower petals!

• Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @MissKittyDanger - Social Security Number
  • Options
    @bethsmiles I'm glad you decided to go with a bouquet.  Congrats on getting an extra class next semester!

Anniversary

• Options
    @jenjen047  ahhh that's what I thought! It's interesting because in Canada you have to have SIN {social insurance number - roughly same idea} in order to do really anything
  • Options
    @jenjen047 That's right! I'm on it tonight!!

The whole SSN thing seriously blows. Do you think your HR offers accommodation for foreign spouses going through the process? Have you talked specifically with them about the situation?

• Options

@jenjen047 I second @labro I would explain the situation that he's a foreigner and will need time to obtain a SSN. They might have exceptions for that kind of thing. You never know!

@bethsmiles congrats on the extra class!

• Options
    @labro @jenna8984 - I asked and they said no. :( I will ask again after the wedding. It's weird because my company is international so you'd think they'd have a way to deal with this.
  • Options
    @jenjen047 That's seriously bizarre and super shitty. I just can't believe they don't have SOMETHING like a temporary SSN or anything to help with the process.

Does he seriously not have some sort of SSN issued to him already? This is me assuming he is in the US legally and working with some sort of card. Typically they issue SSNs for taxes already.

• Options
    @labro - He has a visa number and an alien number, neither of which is accepted by HR.
  • Options
    @jenjen047

I'm like this for you and your FI right now. I hope you can figure something out.

• Options
    @jenjen047 - ugh, that's so frustrating! Why is health issuance always such a pain? I really hope your HR stops being dumb and figures something out for you and your FI.

• Options
    @bethsmiles haha yeah I made enough for a whole family. Leftovers for days I guess haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards