Chit Chat

Sheldon and Amy are going to have coitus

Yes, there are way more important current events going on, but I felt the need to share the news.

I'm not sure how I feel about this?  If you watch, what do you think? 

Feel free to comment on anything you want if you do not watch or just don't care and need to talk about something. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Sheldon and Amy are going to have coitus

• I'm SOOOOOOOOOO FAR BEHIND OMG. Last thing I saw was the Valentine's Day kiss!!!!! I'm freaking out now!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes, you are.  Currently they are broken up.  Amy needed a break, just as Sheldon got a ring from his mom to propose to Amy.

Honestly, I didn't like last years run.  This year has been better.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm not a huge Big Bang Theory fan (I may watch it if it's on TBS and I want something in the background and am too lazy to fuss with Netflix).  Is this as big of a deal as when Ross & Rachel "did it"?

I did roll my eyes last night when I saw the news about People's Sexiest Man Alive.  Sure, David Beckham is good looking, but I just can't support a man for this "title" who has had a man bun.  IMO, that should be a disqualifier.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    I wasn't a fan of Big Bang until they brought in the character of Amy.  Now it is the only sitcom I watch.
    Sheldon's character is so unrealistic, I have trouble imagining how they will pull this off.  I am looking forward to the next episode.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I haven't watched the most recent episode but I do like the idea that Sheldon is becoming more "human" and revealing his emotions.

• I Love Big Bang Theory.  It cracks me up.  Amy is a good character, I imagine any sex scene between her and Sheldon will be absurdly terrific.  I really am not a fan of Penny, and I become less of a fan every episode.  I want to like her, but I just can't.
  • I love Amy.  Not a fan of Penny either.  I did in the beginning, but last season really ruined her for me.

• I have tried watching 4-5 episodes of this show and I just do not get its appeal. As far as I can tell it's just the same "laughing at nerds" joke over and over again, and Sheldon seems like the least-likable character I've ever seen on TV. I also think it's weird that at least in the earlier years of the show (and I think this Amy character may have broken this mold) it seemed to be about four really smart guys and one hot "normal" girl, which seemed kind of icky and sexist to me.

BUT I was excited to see this thread because I've never been able to talk to someone IRL about why they like it- I mean it's obviously hugely popular, it's been on forever and still gets amazing ratings so I'm clearly watching the wrong episodes. Is this the kind of thing that the characters really grow on you? Do you have to be of a certain age or generation to appreciate it (my original theory, since all the people I know who like it are older and so I thought maybe nerd culture is less mainstream to them than it is to me and therefore funnier/more interesting)? I'd honestly love to be convinced to revisit it.
  • I have tried watching 4-5 episodes of this show and I just do not get its appeal. As far as I can tell it's just the same "laughing at nerds" joke over and over again, and Sheldon seems like the least-likable character I've ever seen on TV. I also think it's weird that at least in the earlier years of the show (and I think this Amy character may have broken this mold) it seemed to be about four really smart guys and one hot "normal" girl, which seemed kind of icky and sexist to me.

BUT I was excited to see this thread because I've never been able to talk to someone IRL about why they like it- I mean it's obviously hugely popular, it's been on forever and still gets amazing ratings so I'm clearly watching the wrong episodes. Is this the kind of thing that the characters really grow on you? Do you have to be of a certain age or generation to appreciate it (my original theory, since all the people I know who like it are older and so I thought maybe nerd culture is less mainstream to them than it is to me and therefore funnier/more interesting)? I'd honestly love to be convinced to revisit it.
    I don't know about others who have posted in this thread, but I am 32.  I like the dry humor of it.
  • I hadn't heard that - I guess that means they are getting back together? I don't know if I can imagine Sheldon as FWB!
  • I think the show definitely grows on you. It starts with 4 awkward nerds and then they make new friends/GFs and go through real life experiences. The three girls are definitely the best part.
  • I started watching when it came on TBS.  It took a few episodes, but then it grew on me.   Like most shows the older ones are better then the newer ones.  The addition of Amy was good.  I'm meh about Bernadette, but like Howard has a woman.

• edited November 2015
    I love BBT and I'm old. The last year or so has been lacking. I guess there's only so much you can do with the same typey characters. Sheldon reminds me of my brother, in looks, mannerisms and oddly obsessive behavior. 

I'm way more interested in this upcoming episode than I should be. Sheldon having sex seems icky to me, but I'll bet it will be a funny episode. I hope a guest appearance by Sheldon's mom is in the near future. She's hilarious.

• My son could easily be a new character on BBT.  He would totally fit in.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I watch BBT regularly. It reminds me of work because I'm always the "normal" girl in a world full of PhDs and engineers. There are some things that Sheldon occasionally does that seems unlikely, but I've worked with some people that are almost clones. The social cluelessness, tirades about changing font size and type in an e-mail, offices full of Star Wars and Star Trek gear, and the self importance because they can't grasp someone might know more- yep- it's real.
    Yep. DH has very "Sheldon" qualities, and I've been friends with people who are even more Sheldon-esque. It reminds me of engineering school. It's like watching the kids I lived with in college as grown-ups.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I only recently started watching it so I've only seen this season. But I read the Wikipedia entry and the wikis for each character so I feel like I'm caught up. I'd like to binge watch it but don't have any way to right now. It's not on Amazon Prime and we don't have Netflix streaming. :(

I saw the news about Amy and Sheldon because it was trending on FB. I'm happy they're getting back together!
  • I love the show, and got into when it came on TBS. I think I had seen most of the episodes, and tried to keep up with the new ones last season when they came on, but couldn't.

It will be awhile before the new ones make their way somewhere that I can binge on them, but I can't wait! I vaguely know what's going on, and am happy they're reconciling.

To the bolded - I felt the same way!!! H's family LOVES this show, so we have seen some random episodes, and we usually both walk out of the room after about 2 minutes because neither of us can stand it... I generally dislike shows with laugh tracks, but aside from that, I just don't see why everyone thinks it's so funny, it all comes across as super corny and cliche to me. I have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, though; maybe you just have to watch it from the beginning to "get" it? I know I thought How I Met Your Mother was lame until I started from the beginning, and then the running jokes really grew on me.

Someone mentioned liking the dry humor; I love dry humor, but all the jokes I have seen on this show seem pretty far from dry. And I find Sheldon to be incredibly grating.

To each their own, I guess. I am sure there are shows I love that other people hate, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker

To the bolded - I felt the same way!!! H's family LOVES this show, so we have seen some random episodes, and we usually both walk out of the room after about 2 minutes because neither of us can stand it... I generally dislike shows with laugh tracks, but aside from that, I just don't see why everyone thinks it's so funny, it all comes across as super corny and cliche to me. I have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, though; maybe you just have to watch it from the beginning to "get" it? I know I thought How I Met Your Mother was lame until I started from the beginning, and then the running jokes really grew on me.

Someone mentioned liking the dry humor; I love dry humor, but all the jokes I have seen on this show seem pretty far from dry. And I find Sheldon to be incredibly grating.

To each their own, I guess. I am sure there are shows I love that other people hate, too.
    Yeah same, I was surprised when I saw that comment because from what I've seen it is anything but dry humor! Honestly I'm not sure there is such a thing as dry humor on a show with a laugh track... isn't the definition of dry humor that it's subtle or humor that is funny but not presented as being funny? A laugh track totally defeats the point of that.

But yeah now that you mention it, I realized I don't watch any shows with a laugh track so maybe that explains my aversion. They just feels so corny and stale to me :/

Yeah same, I was surprised when I saw that comment because from what I've seen it is anything but dry humor! Honestly I'm not sure there is such a thing as dry humor on a show with a laugh track... isn't the definition of dry humor that it's subtle or humor that is funny but not presented as being funny? A laugh track totally defeats the point of that.

But yeah now that you mention it, I realized I don't watch any shows with a laugh track so maybe that explains my aversion. They just feels so corny and stale to me :/
    That is exactly how I feel. If you need a laugh track to indicate that something is supposed to be funny, then it's not dry humor. And I HATE laugh tracks in general, so distracting...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    I seriously got choked up at the end of last nights episode. On one hand I felt bad for Amy. On the other hand  She took to long to figure out  what she wanted.
    LOL  I just thought about Leonard in last night's episode, it was freaking hilarious.
  • Amy wants Sheldon to change.  That is not a good indicator for a longterm relationship.  On the other hand, if Sheldon decides that he wants Amy enough to change - that would be hopeful.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I've watched from the beginning and have always loved it. I know several people who don't, though, and I can't understand people who DON'T like it. Hahaha!

Speaking of laugh tracks and bad humor, that's my problem with Two Broke Girls. It was cute in the beginning, but the show is just a one-liner followed by a canned laugh, one-liner, canned laugh, on-liner of a sexual nature, canned laugh. Over and over again.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    I've watched from the beginning and have always loved it. I know several people who don't, though, and I can't understand people who DON'T like it. Hahaha!

Speaking of laugh tracks and bad humor, that's my problem with Two Broke Girls. It was cute in the beginning, but the show is just a one-liner followed by a canned laugh, one-liner, canned laugh, on-liner of a sexual nature, canned laugh. Over and over again.
    I've never made it through a whole episode of Two Broke Girls or Mom. I like junk TV, but I can't stand those two shows. They remind me of Two and a Half Men. I don't know how that show hung on so long.

• I enjoyed Two and a Half Men before Charlie Sheen left. The complaint my husband and I always had about it, though, was how stupid Jake was. When he was a little boy, he was just kind of clueless, and more naive/innocent, but as he became a teenager, they made him flat out dumb, and it was very off-putting. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    I enjoyed Two and a Half Men before Charlie Sheen left. The complaint my husband and I always had about it, though, was how stupid Jake was. When he was a little boy, he was just kind of clueless, and more naive/innocent, but as he became a teenager, they made him flat out dumb, and it was very off-putting. 
    I like 2 1/2 when Charlie was there too. I do not even watch the Ashton re-runs.   I didn't like the  Allen character with Ashton either.  His character didn't follow as well as it did with Charlie.

I hated the Jake character.

• So wait, when is Amy and Sheldon having sex? Because they are broken up right now. Honestly, I don't know what Amy sees in Sheldon, he didn't treat her right at all. I don't know what Bernadette sees in Howard either, but I find their story lines hilarious.

• So wait, when is Amy and Sheldon having sex? Because they are broken up right now. Honestly, I don't know what Amy sees in Sheldon, he didn't treat her right at all. I don't know what Bernadette sees in Howard either, but I find their story lines hilarious.
    December 17th I heard.  So something happens between now and then.

• I bet Amy gets knocked up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards