Wedding Etiquette Forum

Should I wear my enagement ring to my bachelorette party?

2»

Answers

• Midwest2TexasMidwest2Texas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Kay Jewelers told me it takes a few weeks.
    Why don't you take it to another jeweler and get it sized? Just bc it was purchased at Kay, doesn't mean it has to be sized there.  Any reputable jeweler can do this fairly quickly.

Maggie0829 Zales is the same way. It takes 3-6 weeks for a ring to be re-sized. If I take it to another jeweler to be worked on I void the warranty.

I just got my replacement ring (long story) sized the same day we picked it out. With Zales, when they have a special show (usually once a month), they have a jeweler in the store for that day. I was able to plead my case to the store (and district) manager and they made sure it was done the same day.

ETA quote that is being replied too... Accidentally clicked on reply instead of quote

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I JUST got my ring re-sized at Kays because I have a warranty that does it for free.  They said it would take two weeks and it only took 4 days!  You can rush it free of cost too(: Good luck!
  • Someone earlier mentioned getting a replica ring and I really like that idea. I have a bad habit of "hiding" important things from myself when I'm drinking. I'm sure at the time I think I'm putting them in a really great spot so I won't lose them, but then I end up losing them. I've done this with my wallet, car keys, etc.

I went to a friend's bachelorette party a couple weeks after I got engaged and was terrified about "hiding" my ring. I ended up wearing it all weekend, but I was so paranoid that I kept my hand clenched the whole time and texted myself every 15 minutes saying where I was and that I had my ring, in case I lost it I could retrace my steps. It worked out fine, but it was annoying. 

So if you can get a replica ring, I would highly suggest it. Now that I know that's a thing, I'm going to do it myself. 
  • Someone earlier mentioned getting a replica ring and I really like that idea. I have a bad habit of "hiding" important things from myself when I'm drinking. I'm sure at the time I think I'm putting them in a really great spot so I won't lose them, but then I end up losing them. I've done this with my wallet, car keys, etc.

I went to a friend's bachelorette party a couple weeks after I got engaged and was terrified about "hiding" my ring. I ended up wearing it all weekend, but I was so paranoid that I kept my hand clenched the whole time and texted myself every 15 minutes saying where I was and that I had my ring, in case I lost it I could retrace my steps. It worked out fine, but it was annoying. 

So if you can get a replica ring, I would highly suggest it. Now that I know that's a thing, I'm going to do it myself. 
    WHAT??? Seriously?
  • I'm not making my ring more important than it should be. One question regarding wearing my ring that's a bit too loose to a party doesn't represent who I am or what I consider most important. You didn't even answer my question so I wonder what the purpose was in you replying to this thread.
  • I found out from fiancé that my ring is insured. I put a ring guard on it since I'm traveling right now and when I get back, I get on a plane that weekend for Vegas. I have to get it resized through Kay, or I lose my warranty so I'll do that as soon as I'm settled down. Thanks for the helpful advice, guys!

Oh honey...

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    Can you put the ring on a chain and wear it around your neck during the trip?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards