Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help with petticoat -- VW351178

I purchased a dress and tried it on with the A line petticoat, and I liked it. I would, however, like the dress to be as minimally poofy as possible, and more ethereal looking. If I can get it to be even less poofy, that would be awesome!

I do need to wear something under the dress, however, because it's tulle -- itchy and going between my legs. Can anyone suggest a petticoat or slip they wore that is similar to what I need? I'm literally thinking a long white cotton a line skirt thing with no tulle attached. Would that work, and is that considered a slip or a petticoat?

This is the dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_White-by-Vera-Wang-Textured-Organza-Wedding-Dress-VW351178?cm_mmc=GMCPLA-_-ClothingAccessoriesDressesWomenWeddingDresses-_-VW351178-_-WhitebyVeraWangTexturedOrganzaWeddingDress&utm_source=GMCPLA&utm_medium=ProductFeed&utm_term=ClothingAccessoriesDressesWomenWeddingDresses&utm_content=VW351178&utm_campaign=WhitebyVeraWangTexturedOrganzaWeddingDress&mr:referralID=7bd48883-921d-11e5-b82d-00505694526f&gclid=Cj0KEQiAj8uyBRDawI3XhYqOy4gBEiQAl8BJbQmRSrQ4CwW-sCfeG_0SRN2rhF1dzKSKMkE42JB4JKMaApGT8P8HAQ

And I would like to keep the skirt around the same shape as the model (while also realizing they spent probably an hr arranging it on her).

Re: Help with petticoat -- VW351178

• Options
    How about this kind of slip? CLICK  I am sure you can find something not as expensive if you search around, but since you don't want more poof but rather something to keep the itching at bay and stop the dress from going in between your legs, a simple long slip would work just fine.

Are you going to wear the petticoat that you tried on with the dress?  A petticoat will help keep the dress in a specific shape, so if you liked how the dress looked with the petticoat then I would just stick with that.  But if you preferred it without then go with the basic slip.

• Options
    I liked it with the petticoat, and the dress is really too long for me, so before I purchased it, they had me put on the right size shoes, and laid the dress out to look as if it were hemmed. When I went shopping for BM dresses, I brought my (unaltered) gown to show everyone, and was wearing it without the petticoat. It was uncomfortable, but I liked the look of it more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards